NinetyNineProblems (Tribe) just got 1 more problem!

TheTwiztid1

NinetyNineProblems (Tribe) just got 1 more problem!

So the other night a buddy of mine and I went over to aberration 662 to set up my personal mining base. We get down to the metal area and find a nice spot right next to the water and not too close to anybody else, but apparently too close for the Tribe NinetyNineProblems. He came over and pillared me in! I tried talking to him and asking him to remove them I even tried to show him where I was going to put my gates up to assure him I wouldn't be near his base and I would give him his space. And he basically told me to f off. I'm not even close to their base but yet this A-Hole felt that he needed to come and pillar me in completely making it impossible for me to be able to build outwards. Yes I guess I should have pillared around it off myself when I laid it down, but I never thought anybody would come and mess with me like this considering it's a low population server. But coming over and pillorying off somebody's base because you feel they are too close when I am nowhere even near his base is complete BS, especially when his base has a charging station blocked off completely in the only way you could get to it is with the rock Drake.

So what did I do about all of this?

That moron didn't tell her off around his own base so I have taken the liberty of doing so and while I'm at it I've also started putting down gates to block him in.

It shows how intelligent this guy is starting problems with somebody he doesn't know for no reason and forgetting to protect himself from retaliation

I'm sure we all could agree we would all rather have friends than enemies right? So why go out and make enemies for no reason other than you feel they are too close to your base... People need to realize this is a game about building and people are going to build right next to you and if you can't learn to share you have no business being on this game but then again kids are spoiled little brats these days and don't know how to share... I blame the parents.

I never want to have to go out and do crap like this to somebody but if you're going to mess with me for no real good reason I'm going to retaliate twice as hard, I'm a very reasonable guy and I will always to talk things out first but this guy didn't even want to give it a chance. Well now we'll see how long it'll take for him to want to take those pillars down when he can't even get out of his base to Farm. Not to mention I've got quite a few friends that are more than willing to come over and give me a hand putting down war bases around him so if he really wants to start poop he really should think of the consequences. He really has no idea what hell he could bring down upon himself. All he has to do is come to the negotiating table and it could all be over.

So yah watch out for the tribe NinetyNineProblems 

I did report it and haven't heard a single thing back, and no I'm not boasting that I'm griefing, I'm proudly stating that I'm not allowing some jerk to push me around, and that I can be worse if people wanna play that way, I don't put up with bullies. And to let people know what a Dbag this guy is. He's getting a fair chance to play nicely, ALOT more than he gave me.

Yeah fair cop. I’m a very small part of 99 which is basically an amalgamation of tribes into one alliance. Even so people don’t need to be a-holes to others, it’s a game after all and your supposed to have fun. Good on you for pushing back.

just be careful, 99 is by far the largest and most powerful alliance on official so if you prove too pesky you’ll be insta wiped. 

DO NOT GRIEF THEM BACK, WRITE A REPORT TICKET!! 

I'm still baffled that so many people don't even know or consider the report system. 

The enforcement team is really fast, max 2 days (They do not work on the weekends, consider this).

Write a ticket about them griefing you, a GM will come and remove all their pillars and if they have too many they WILL punish them very hard.

I saw it happen 3 times, they do their jobs and you should always write a ticket for such matters.

1 hour ago, Fukushu said:

DO NOT GRIEF THEM BACK, WRITE A REPORT TICKET!! 

I'm still baffled that so many people don't even know or consider the report system. 

The enforcement team is really fast, max 2 days (They do not work on the weekends, consider this).

Write a ticket about them griefing you, a GM will come and remove all their pillars and if they have too many they WILL punish them very hard.

I saw it happen 3 times, they do their jobs and you should always write a ticket for such matters.

I just want to say. I'm pleased that you have had good interactions with enforcement but sadly this is not the norm.

Many people don't hear from them with proper evidence for weeks, sometimes over a month if at all.

A lot of times they get a cut and paste response of an investigation but after a few more weeks the issue still exists. 

I've been on that end on multiple occasions despite proper photographic or video evidence as well as x,y,z coords and all pertinent information filled out.

I agree, it is still the way to go but the chance for no response is pretty high and not near as fast as the experiences you have had.

5 hours ago, Snipsnip said:

Yeah fair cop. I’m a very small part of 99 which is basically an amalgamation of tribes into one alliance. Even so people don’t need to be a-holes to others, it’s a game after all and your supposed to have fun. Good on you for pushing back.

just be careful, 99 is by far the largest and most powerful alliance on official so if you prove too pesky you’ll be insta wiped. 

This is PvE not PvP.... Probably not even affiliated with the PvP mega alliance.

@op, regardless of how you feel about bullies, the most intelligent way to get this person back would have been to submit a ticket and wait for enforcement to come in with the toilet paper and wipe their base. You stooping to their level by doing the exact same thing back to them makes you both just as bad as each other. And now enforcement will either do nothing, or they will wipe both of you.

What do you think would upset this griefer more? You pillaring around their base like they have done to you, or reporting their actions and getting their entire tribe devwiped? You could even build over the proverbial ashes of their base as the ultimate payback!

I see people doing this and just smh. I have some little random dude who built up his base as close to mine as he could. It's been amusement in a form watching his base grow over time. I surprisingly rarely see him online, though I'm on quite often, I want to be able to gift him a few things. Like especially behemoth gate parts, because he has empty gateframes that bug me. Like, an alpha raptor could just waltz in and just wreck his whole wooden base. Close that stuff up little dude. 

Maybe I can see if there's a way to infiltrate his base and leave an unclaimed dino with stuff in it's inventory and messages in the form of papers and folders. ?

And also tell him how I got in so he can fix it. ?

5 hours ago, LadyKunaya said:

I see people doing this and just smh. I have some little random dude who built up his base as close to mine as he could. It's been amusement in a form watching his base grow over time. I surprisingly rarely see him online, though I'm on quite often, I want to be able to gift him a few things. Like especially behemoth gate parts, because he has empty gateframes that bug me. Like, an alpha raptor could just waltz in and just wreck his whole wooden base. Close that stuff up little dude. 

Maybe I can see if there's a way to infiltrate his base and leave an unclaimed dino with stuff in it's inventory and messages in the form of papers and folders. ?

Lol that is really thoughtful of you, which is rare amongst ark players. hopefully he has a box or non pin coded storage item in an accessible spot, it's highly unlikely though, Your best bet is probably to try catch him when he is online and tell him you want to help him out a bit.

• 1 month later...

Still no response from support!

So about a month ago or so I built a base on aberration to farm metal, overnight a tribe named NinetyNineProblems came in and pillard Me In (1 tribe member in particular) to where I couldn't build anything outwards and only had a 8x8 space to work with, when I asked the kid why he did it and if he would remove it he started to be a little prick and threatened that if I didn't remove my base he would destroy it and my other bases whenever I came online. Since aberration usually is very sparsely populated anyways my server rarely has more than three people on it at a time but this kid just has to have all of the land to himself. So I went and filed a support ticket to see if the game managers would do their jobs and remove his pillars so I can build and be able to actually play the game the way it's supposed to be (kids like this little prick should stick to their own private servers and leave the people who have RESPECT FOR OTHERS alone!) Anyways I filed that ticket a month ago and never received a response two weeks after the incident I filed another ticket still to no response so it's good to know that when little punks like that do crap like that there will being nothing done about it making this game just a bit more unfun then it already is it's getting to the point where I'll stop playing and won't bother buying any more DLCs. They can't make the game fair for everyone and they can't fix the simple bugs and glitches that we already have what's the point? To have everything we work for messed up by some little selfish Punk? ITS A PVE SERVER FOR CHRIST SAKE!

Hey thanks every1 for not being a douche like every1 else. I've submitted 3 tickets now WITH coords, and screenshots. I'm gonna file again under Griefing though. I didn't think of that route so thank you to whomever suggested that. I just wish people would use what they SHOULD HAVE LEARNED in kindergarten and preschool... but not everyone is educated... or raised right in that regards lol

On 6/26/2019 at 6:29 AM, HoboNation said:

Lol that is really thoughtful of you, which is rare amongst ark players. hopefully he has a box or non pin coded storage item in an accessible spot, it's highly unlikely though, Your best bet is probably to try catch him when he is online and tell him you want to help him out a bit.

I actually tried that route! I told the guy hey if you remove those dude you'll be gaining a really good friend here I'll be willing to help you out whenever you need it and not to mention you can use my trading resources that I have it's better to make a friend than an enemy and he was like no screw you get out of here or I'm going to destroy it and I'll come to the island and destroy your base there too. And the moron doesn't realize I've got half of my server at least! more than willing to go to war to have my back. I make friends not enemies I'm sure everybody can agree that is the smartest choice anyone could ever make making enemies for no reason is just pure stupidity.

On 6/26/2019 at 12:54 AM, LadyKunaya said:

If you want that'd be awesome ^_^ lol Abberation 662 coords are close to 37 65 I believe. It's by the river. He has a charging station boxed in too i just remembered, if you PM me I can tell u his Gametag (I got in trouble on here for saying who it was once  before, guess you can't publicly call out your bullies here) but ya ive tried to befriend him ive tried finding other tribe mates of his to talk to...and nothing. 

It's hard for any of us to know if you did a good job of gathering data and framing your complaint in a way that captures the issue.   Lots of people come on to complain about this sort of thing, but the thing most people I know have trouble with is knowing what all to put in a report.  For example, you could take a picture of the map where his main base is located, and a picture showing how far your spot is away from him.  Then you make sure you get pictures of his pillars completely surrounding you or a video of you walking around showing the pillars around your base are not your own.  That's called blocking in, and it's against the CoC.  Show those pillars are the same tribe owner as the base you are pointing out that is very far from your base.  If you can also demonstrate that the area around you is free of his pillars besides the ones that are surrounding you, that could show targeted harassment.

I had a problem with someone putting 2 pilars in my area which effected my ability to set down a tek generator.  I reported it, put in pictures to show how I had the area and the pillars in question., 2 days later the pillars were gone. I didn't get a message from enforcement, they were simply gone.

WHat you should have done right away is screenshotted the conversations w/ this person when they got all aggressive.  That would give you evidence of their intentions w/ their pillars.  That would work better than gating all around him and then having him report you and get you in trouble. Also, there is no enforcement over the weekends, you won't see any action until after the weekend sometime. if you have reported them as late as THursday, they could have had too much to get done friday to address the issue.

We here can't really help you aside from giving you tips and ideas on how to gather evidence to prove your case to enforcement.  The biggest mistake people make is not screenshotting the confrontations in chat.

Despite what teachers tell you, the best way to handle a bully is to best him at his own game. Way back in 1st grade there was my group and this other group and we were always fighting. One day during the lunch break the leader of the other group said something quite nasty towards us so I being the leader of my group went over to him and gave it to him. I landed a solid one to his face. A brawl then broke out between our groups and me and him ended up suspended for a week.

After this event things between us calmed down and we actually ended up becoming good friends and our two groups ended up joining together. The moral of the story is you have to stand up to folks that giving you problems, take them on and beat them. Only then will they respect you.

On 7/28/2019 at 1:04 PM, GrumpyBear said:

It's hard for any of us to know if you did a good job of gathering data and framing your complaint in a way that captures the issue.   Lots of people come on to complain about this sort of thing, but the thing most people I know have trouble with is knowing what all to put in a report.  For example, you could take a picture of the map where his main base is located, and a picture showing how far your spot is away from him.  Then you make sure you get pictures of his pillars completely surrounding you or a video of you walking around showing the pillars around your base are not your own.  That's called blocking in, and it's against the CoC.  Show those pillars are the same tribe owner as the base you are pointing out that is very far from your base.  If you can also demonstrate that the area around you is free of his pillars besides the ones that are surrounding you, that could show targeted harassment.

I had a problem with someone putting 2 pilars in my area which effected my ability to set down a tek generator.  I reported it, put in pictures to show how I had the area and the pillars in question., 2 days later the pillars were gone. I didn't get a message from enforcement, they were simply gone.

WHat you should have done right away is screenshotted the conversations w/ this person when they got all aggressive.  That would give you evidence of their intentions w/ their pillars.  That would work better than gating all around him and then having him report you and get you in trouble. Also, there is no enforcement over the weekends, you won't see any action until after the weekend sometime. if you have reported them as late as THursday, they could have had too much to get done friday to address the issue.

We here can't really help you aside from giving you tips and ideas on how to gather evidence to prove your case to enforcement.  The biggest mistake people make is not screenshotting the confrontations in chat.

Well I was smart enough to screenshot everything he said. I'll definitely take a video of the area... I'll even try to engage him in dialogue again to get him to start threatening again. Like I said b4 I've been nothing but friendly towards this guy, I even offered to help him and be his buddy. But ya... obviously he's a dumb little hick, just like his name suggests lol

Archived