mobile Ancestry line

JustDewitt02

Ancestry line

I have recently begun breeding on mobile and it is incredibly difficult to keep track of everything. I am really only breeding for color mutations, so no serious stat mutations and stuff. In mobile, not many people breed, because it looks like a very scary task and something that is confusing. If they were to add the ancestry line/tree then it would be much more simple and easier for the average person. I just don’t understand why they didn’t add it in the first place. I’m not very skilled in this field, but it doesn’t seem like it would even  take up much space at all. It seems like something that would be very much appreciated and needs very little space. Its a no-brainer to me.

I agree something like that would be a huge benefit when breeding. I have a naming procedure that I use to track generation and gender at a glance. But if I tried to add real lineage stuff it would be too convoluted. I know some do spreadsheets, but that’s too much for me as well. The tamed dinos are tagged by gender and level only. Then their offspring get a generation identifier, so something like this; M125 + F130 = G1F130. If I really need to I will add a letter or number at the end to identify it back to a parent and add the same identifier to the parents name. It’s super basic and limited, but at least I can keep the generations straight which is helpful.

Happy breeding!

I agree on this also, although more just for satisfaction sake than actual utility. I want to see how many generations it took to get my perfect breed. It would be nice if you could track the progression of stats and colors through it too! Maybe it could be done as a companion app through matching the ID# to a displayed code like linking accounts does? To prevent the game increasing in size.

I spend a lot of time doing multiple breeds across several species at the same time, so while I can keep most of it organized in my head it is quite challenging remembering who came from where and with what when you’re doing 5+ pairs across 4 different species. Especially when trying to simultaneously mix stats and colors, dropping these two stats and keeping those 4 plus mixing this one color from 1 to those 2 colors on the other one. 

I have A LOT of screenshots trying to keep track, but there were so many I ended up just taking finished ones. And this is before breeding for mutations, although a random mutation with a good color but bad stat (in the stats process) throws a whole wrench in the process, e.g. blue griffin wings with an oxygen stat mutation. This is where I’d find something like this incredibly useful. 

I would love to have an ancestry line. It would, indeed, make breeding for mutations much easier (although the thing itself would be a luxury, as many don’t breed in mobile, among other details). Naming the dino helps, but it can be a hassle later on.

I end up killing the respective parent if the offspring is better, to save space. I’ve gotten a few mutations, too, and I’d like to keep track of them.

Thank you for the input! It is a really good idea to create a companion app, almost like how Dododex was integrated for easier taming. It really doesn’t have any cons if they were to add the ancestry line, so I don’t know why they are hesitating. Also @Mythicalwhen u say that most people don’t breed that much in ark mobile, I totally agree with you! I think it is because they don’t have the ancestry line and they are confused on how breeding works. I also think if they had the ancestry line it would give them a sense of accomplishment and the ability to look back at what they started from. Almost like an incentive to breed

I think it’s funny that most people don’t breed in ark Mobile because it’s basically all I do lol. Before dungeons, there wasn’t much of an endgame, and they still need some work. I have sooo many archaeopteryx color variations.

I’ve been breeding griffins for stats the last like 2 months and accidentally stumbled upon fuschia wings on one and a flatter blue set of wings on another. I’m still assembling the stats before trying to get them mixed with the colors. It’s a very intricate and complex system to manage in your head.

I’ve also perfected a beautiful line of tapejaras at level 356 (all black with black, silver, gold, and bronze crests) with pretty great stats (5.3k hp, 4.1k stam, 225 oxygen, 3496 food, 864 weight and 678 melee). 

I’m most proud of my agry line, though. They are a variety of colors (lime green head and feet and soft blue shoulders are my favorite so far, but there’s also been mint and orange head/feet and a I guess a sky blue wing tips?). At level 396, their stats are 8.9k hp, 7k stam, 240 oxygen, 2600 food, 868 weight, and 760 melee. 

I find breeding to be quite enjoyable in this game!

@nintendogamer7, those tapejara sound gorgeous! 

I also spend a lot of time breeding. In my previous game I had a gotten a few nice color mutations. First were blue sabertooth, I also had golden beelzebufo. I loved my golden frogs. In my current game I just last night got a color mutation on an equus, but it went from a dark color to white body with brown stripes. It looks very similar to one of the options I get when I play with the ‘change color’ function on god mode. Im not even fully sure it’s a mutation, but none of the herd has that color even in the past, so that’s why I lean towards calling it a mutation. I’m more breeding for racing classes atm, and hoping the stat and (better) color mutations will follow as I progress the herds equus power.

I think mobile has more people who do breeding than it seems. It does feel like a solo adventure with not much to tell most of the time. I would love a companion app or some functionality built in to show lineage and mutations like the pc/console gamers have. Breeding is definitely a long game aspect and can feel at times pointless and/or overwhelming without any support functionality being available. It is a lot to attempt to track ancestry with only screenshots, naming and memory.

9 hours ago, nintendogamer7 said:

I think it’s funny that most people don’t breed in ark Mobile because it’s basically all I do lol. Before dungeons, there wasn’t much of an endgame, and they still need some work. I have sooo many archaeopteryx color variations.

I’ve been breeding griffins for stats the last like 2 months and accidentally stumbled upon fuschia wings on one and a flatter blue set of wings on another. I’m still assembling the stats before trying to get them mixed with the colors. It’s a very intricate and complex system to manage in your head.

I’ve also perfected a beautiful line of tapejaras at level 356 (all black with black, silver, gold, and bronze crests) with pretty great stats (5.3k hp, 4.1k stam, 225 oxygen, 3496 food, 864 weight and 678 melee). 

I’m most proud of my agry line, though. They are a variety of colors (lime green head and feet and soft blue shoulders are my favorite so far, but there’s also been mint and orange head/feet and a I guess a sky blue wing tips?). At level 396, their stats are 8.9k hp, 7k stam, 240 oxygen, 2600 food, 868 weight, and 760 melee. 

I find breeding to be quite enjoyable in this game!

Those sound like amazing animals! I just have a really weird dodo mutation, a green equus one, and a cyan crest on a (black) tapejaras. 

@LightBender, I’ve added a green and red crest to my perfect black tapejara lines. They are all pretty sharp looking. Gold is still my favorite though. 

I’ve done quite a bit with the equus, but their gestation is sooo long I have been on break from them for a while. Hard to quickly mix stats with that gestational period and random mutations further complicating things. I managed to merge gold stripes and underbellies on the light gray, gray, and dark gray bodies and also managed a lavender stripes color somewhere in there as well as another color that I forget. I believe color mutations can randomly be natural occurring colors sometimes. I’ve had that happen before where I got a natural color in a baby that neither of the parents had. When I stopped, I had my unicorns just shy of maiden class (with amazing stats) and my highest equus was 3.5ish power. I was trying to perfect my stats and colors before going for thoroughbred or whatever the highest class is. I guessed way back that it was thoroughbred, but I have no clue now what it is. 

My servermate and I maxed out 3.5 dodos around a week after that update wiped half of our servers, and I subsequently bred a golden 3.5 dodo. Not the most interesting color but I was proud because I had to mix the gold regions from 3 separate starting dodos. Gotten some crazy other dodo mutations and color mixtures, though. 

Exactly! And even with screenshots and names it eventually becomes too much as you start pumping out multiples and mix in new lines, etc.

@Mythical, what is your dodo mutation? I’m curious. Ooohhh, green on a dark skinned equus would look great! Cyan crested black tapejara would have been perfect for one of my server mates before they stole a bunch of stuff and left. I really want the blue crest mutations. 

On 7/2/2019 at 4:33 PM, nintendogamer7 said:

@Mythical, what is your dodo mutation? I’m curious. Ooohhh, green on a dark skinned equus would look great! Cyan crested black tapejara would have been perfect for one of my server mates before they stole a bunch of stuff and left. I really want the blue crest mutations. 

A cyan head and a yellow beak/feather tips. I’ll see if I can add a picture of her.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/8/2019 at 9:24 PM, Mythical said:

@nintendogamer7, here’s my dodo:

IMG_3272.thumb.jpeg.16ca65e7129c4fbc39cedfa7c9ed46af.jpeg

The color combination is kind of weird, but it works.

@Mythical

Just a bit weird, but dodos are always fun nevertheless! I’m sorry I missed this.

Feel free to share more on my breeding discord or check out some of the crazy visual combos or stat builds we’ve managed to produce, if you want here: https://discord.gg/5YD5acv

The argies and tapes I described can be viewed there in great detail. 

Archived