dino's killed while offline...

caleb68

dino's killed while offline...

keep happening, getting tired of spending hours taming dino's just to log back in the next day and find them randomly killed by another dino.   Is only happening on Valguero, none of the other maps, great job.

Love how you toss 130-145 alpha rexs on the newbie island in that map too, way to let the new people get started!

Along the shores at around 55,35 or thereabouts is a pretty safe location to stage your animals until you can build a more secure base or tame up some good base defenders....... the only thing that spawns there are herbivores..... annoying brontos, stegos, and trikes stomping around everywhere will drive you nuts, but atleast your animals will be safe.
I seriously don't see how you've never encountered this before though.... I think you've just been extremely lucky on other maps..... if you don't have a secure base/good base defenders, and aren't building in a known and verified safe location, this is what you can expect no matter what map you're playing.

Probably because there is this thing called "Offline Protection" on the other PVE maps where they don't get killed by other dino's however on this map that doesn't seem to be the case, doesn' matter if you've been offline for a hour, or 12 hours, your dino'scan still get killed by a random dino.

Hell I've left dino's in the swamps in the other maps, and came back the next day and hey guess what, still alive.  but on this map, phhh… you'll be lucky if they are still alive after the first hour you've been offline.

Its NOT normal for this to happen.  Don't play it off to be.

Edit in: Oh and your comment about "bad things don't spawn at 55:35, you obviously didn't read the last line of my post.

Offline protection has never been a thing on any of the maps I've played on, I've seen people with poor base security lose some high value dinos to things as simple as Aeranos while offline...... maybe it's a setting you have to make sure is enabled in your ini's, double check them...... I personally have no desire to investigate that setting because I think it defeats the purpose of making a base in the first place.

and no I did see what you said about Alphas in the newbie beach zones.... I've seen them myself..... but never in the stretch that I pointed you towards.... can they spawn there? maybe? But I've yet to see one.

On 6/24/2019 at 3:59 AM, Blolfenegergamagarner said:

Offline protection has never been a thing on any of the maps I've played on, I've seen people with poor base security lose some high value dinos to things as simple as Aeranos while offline...... maybe it's a setting you have to make sure is enabled in your ini's, double check them...... I personally have no desire to investigate that setting because I think it defeats the purpose of making a base in the first place.

and no I did see what you said about Alphas in the newbie beach zones.... I've seen them myself..... but never in the stretch that I pointed you towards.... can they spawn there? maybe? But I've yet to see one.

Orp-offline  raid protection  has been on official  for almost 2 yrs...for pve

2 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

Orp-offline  raid protection  has been on official  for almost 2 yrs...for pve

Thanks for clarifying....... in all of my 2300 hours in Ark, I've only set foot on official servers one single time, day one of early access..... ok well actually twice, got bored one day because Dedicated server admin was at work and the server went down so he wasn't there to reset it..........
Actually that brings up a good point though. Problems on official often go without solutions because it's hard to get the admins ear so to speak..... step down a bit to a more personal level, to dedicated, and suddenly there's someone you can actually talk to if you're having problems, and  most dedicated server admins are friendly enough that they will try to work with you to solve them. You just need to take enough time to find one that isn't inundated with a billion mods, and has the rates you're looking for...... or better yet, just start your own, it's not hard, and is by far the most rewarding because you have full control. I've been running my own servers throughout most of my Ark experience, and unlike alot of people who play on official who can't ever seem to find anything positive to say about the game, I can say very honestly that my Ark experience has left me with very few complaints.

Archived