devonhanrahan2500

failed join Can't find friends server on list, and get "Failed Join" error

Can't find friends server on list, and get "Failed Join" error

I'm not able to connect to a friends dedicated server. I can't find it on the server list at all, and when they send me invites, I just get the "Failed Join" message. The server is dedicated and password protected, but both the account running the server, and others on the server have sent invites, but when I accept them it starts to load, then reads PrimalGameData_BP, then gives me the "Failed Join" message and boots me back to the main screen. The server is being hosted on windows 10, and my friends are connected from consoles, however this error is happening on both console and pc for me, so I can't connect either way. I've checked my NAT type, firewall, and anything else I can think of and nothing works. I'm also able to connect to any public servers without any issue, so please help! I'm desperate to play with my friends! =D

Try a restart of your Xbox, if that doesn't work, your friend may have to restart the app on the server. I feel like I do this once a day when this error happens, it would be nice if it could be fixed, but it's been an issue for years (used to happen when my buddy hosted on his xbox as well).

I've tried restarting the xbox, and it doesn't seem to help. It's odd, but when I restart the game, the first time I'm trying to connect it seems to make more progress connecting before it gives me the error message. He restarted the server to try and get it to show up on the list and that didn't work either, but I'll ask him to completely exit the game on his PC then relaunch it and the server to see if that works. Thank you for the reply! Any other tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

First rule of playing this game on Xbox. When you are done, go to the menu and force quit the game. 

Second rule is if you get disconnected, go to the menu and force quit the game. 

Ark cannot handle being put in the background mode the Xbox made available for apps/games. You have to kill it and start from scratch each time. 

If I force kill it. I never have problems connecting again.  It’s an issue that’s been there since the game was released on Xbox.

It will never be fixed