That Rex Saddle BP

Wafool

That Rex Saddle BP

So, I play on a vanilla style unofficial cluster that has a server with each of the games official maps. I started out on the center (my favorite map) and beat the center arena on easy just so I could unlock the tek replicator. Now that I have pokeballs (cryopods), I have since moved onto the island to hunt for the Rex saddle blueprint. Through my research, I have found that it's easier to find in the island caves. For the last week, the only thing I do when I play ark is this: Put my carno in a pokeball, fly over to the swamp cave and clear it. Then fly back to base, drop off stuff, and put my rock elemental in a pokeball. Then I fly over the the caverns of lost hope and clear that. Then I fly back to base and rinse and repeat. After doing only this, every day for a week, I'm starting to get a bit burnt out. I am yet to find a single rex saddle bp. Am I doing this right? Is there an easier way to find it?

I've heard it drops in the supply drops on extinction. Would it be more time effective to go try and farm it there?

My rexes are imprinted and trained to about 50k health with 1000% melee. Maybe I could just fight the alpha bosses with primitive saddles? I just want to unlock all the tek gear but I'm getting so sick of doing the same thing over and over again.

You're doing it right.

In my experience Swamp Cave and both Water Caves on Island, Red Air Drops, Ice Cave, and Jungle Cave on Rag, Red Air drops on SE. These are all places I've got Rex BP's.

I have seen a higher success rate (through trading forums and a few buddies) on Extinction but that might be from Purple Drops. Probably need a Titan to solo those. 

I know people have had luck in the Center caves too but I'm not sure which ones tbh.

For me, Swamp Cave and Brute Cave have offered highest success rate with least amount of effort. I would run a loop of those every 2 hours or so during the weekend when I was drop hunting. Just keep at it. It's a numbers game. 

1 hour ago, Wafool said:

I've heard it drops in the supply drops on extinction. Would it be more time effective to go try and farm it there?

I'd say so, we've got 3 rex blueprints from like 5 or 6 purple drops (7-20 waves).

1 hour ago, Wafool said:

Maybe I could just fight the alpha bosses with primitive saddles?

Alpha Monkey for sure. After fighting an Alpha Spider you will need to heal for sure. And I do not recommend you to do any dragon on any difficulty with anything lower than 60 armour.

Thanks guys, guess I'll just have to keep grinding. I've been running the east underwater cave, the one with the cunning. Maybe I'll try the brute one though. I guess if I get too bored, I do have a female giga that I tamed at lvl 150 with kibble. Maybe I can find a male and breed up a little squad for farming purple drops. 

57 minutes ago, Bruvas78 said:

East lava on Centre gives a chance to get a decent rex saddle, but probably similar odds to finding one as your doing. 

I keep hearing this but noone can provide evidence to back it. Why would one center cave have higher tier drops than the others? It isnt listed anywhere that it has the higher tier drops such as swamp cave or snow cave island. 

If the cave doesnt have the same drops as swamp cave it wont be the same odds as hes doing

11 hours ago, d1nk said:

I keep hearing this but noone can provide evidence to back it. Why would one center cave have higher tier drops than the others? It isnt listed anywhere that it has the higher tier drops such as swamp cave or snow cave island. 

If the cave doesnt have the same drops as swamp cave it wont be the same odds as hes doing

I can't provide any real data other than we have a 79.5 MC and a 68.4 JM BP that both came from that cave. The loot crates are red whereas the west lava cave have yellow crates. 

The jump puzzle cave usually gives decent drops (MC scuba, high level mosa and pliesi stuff) but never had a Rex BP from it. 

Archived