HOW TO GET A GM TO LISTEN FOR ONCE ?

SamNuttall03

The more evidence you have, the easier it is to do something about it. Just reporting a name doesn't necessarily mean that Wildcard knows everything about what somebody has done. Do you know everything that happens on the servers? And sure, you know something is definitely off when somebody blows your face off every. single. time. they. shoot. it's rather more than irritating, it's enraging. That being said, how would you like to be barred from playing because somebody else accused you of cheating, and didn't provide the proof to prove the merits of the claims?

From what I can see, there are 3 ways to deal with this. One is to get the evidence together to catch them as a player. The other is to have a GM online who can see it happening in action and also be a witness (Good luck, people are busy when there are tons of servers online). The third way is to have some sort of programming that can detect such a thing in action. The problem with using machines to figure out cheats is the inherent problem of false positives. Make the detection algorithm too light, and you will probably miss it. And as you know, detection involves either finding the cheat on your computer either running or installed, or analyzing data that comes from your computer, or actions taken and interpreted from the server side of things that is stored as data points. Data analysis is how you program cheat detection. But this kind of thing costs money and is not a guarantee of keeping servers clean. It works best for some stuff more than it does for others.

So, right now, the best thing to do is to video record your interactions and battles with other players. This will give your perspective of things, and be the sure fire way to catch some rather sketchy behavior in action. And if it's a good battle, you have something to put on the Internet for fun. But just make sure to edit it. You don't want to give up information about your base setup. Your enemies could study your fortifications via the video to learn weaknesses and entry points.

Good luck I guess?

10 hours ago, Sphere said:

The more evidence you have, the easier it is to do something about it. Just reporting a name doesn't necessarily mean that Wildcard knows everything about what somebody has done. Do you know everything that happens on the servers? And sure, you know something is definitely off when somebody blows your face off every. single. time. they. shoot. it's rather more than irritating, it's enraging. That being said, how would you like to be barred from playing because somebody else accused you of cheating, and didn't provide the proof to prove the merits of the claims?

From what I can see, there are 3 ways to deal with this. One is to get the evidence together to catch them as a player. The other is to have a GM online who can see it happening in action and also be a witness (Good luck, people are busy when there are tons of servers online). The third way is to have some sort of programming that can detect such a thing in action. The problem with using machines to figure out cheats is the inherent problem of false positives. Make the detection algorithm too light, and you will probably miss it. And as you know, detection involves either finding the cheat on your computer either running or installed, or analyzing data that comes from your computer, or actions taken and interpreted from the server side of things that is stored as data points. Data analysis is how you program cheat detection. But this kind of thing costs money and is not a guarantee of keeping servers clean. It works best for some stuff more than it does for others.

So, right now, the best thing to do is to video record your interactions and battles with other players. This will give your perspective of things, and be the sure fire way to catch some rather sketchy behavior in action. And if it's a good battle, you have something to put on the Internet for fun. But just make sure to edit it. You don't want to give up information about your base setup. Your enemies could study your fortifications via the video to learn weaknesses and entry points.

Good luck I guess?

I HAVE LOTS OF VIDEO AS WELL AS 30+ oTHER PEOPLE ON MY SERVER AND THEY WONT LISTEN I CANT DO ANYTHING.. THEY ARE NOW AT OUR BASE WITH A FOB AIMBOTTING WITH AN AR SO WE CANT LEAVE TO DEFEND

9 hours ago, Sphere said:

Good luck I guess?

The devs don't police at all, they might if a lot of you tubers make video and trash wildcards name. The excuse that they don't have enough time or money or evidence is such a big fat LOL. You see so many people do the correct thing and report with all kinds of evidence and nothing changes nothing happens. But I guess they at Wildcard are busy lol

1 minute ago, Owataday said:

The devs don't police at all, they might if a lot of you tubers make video and trash wildcards name. The excuse that they don't have enough time or money or evidence is such a big fat LOL. You see so many people do the correct thing and report with all kinds of evidence and nothing changes nothing happens. But I guess they at Wildcard are busy lol

You would be surprised at how many people just point a finger at a suspect and expect moderators to be all knowing and all seeing. Now if you are providing evidence that shows they are cheating, and yet nothing happens, well damn.

Archived