"Drag Body" - PVE Griefing

StaceyMalibu

Suggestion

"Drag Body" - PVE Griefing

Could I suggest to disable "Dragging bodies" in PVE. Since it is only used for Griefing.

Long story short, my girlfriend was just drowned over a Ragnarok server and got all her belongings stolen next to an obelisk, including a giga she just got adult last week. This is so sad and disappointing that actually makes me want to quit the game and even ask for a refund on all 4 accounts we have. Just a crash and a reboot on a computer is enough time for someone to drag your body to the water and get all your belongings when you are about to transfer.

19 replies to this server topic

Or maybe they should do something to remove the ability to murder you and your entire tribe in your sleep if one person forgot to close one door to your base before they logged out, thereby bypassing the entire point of a player versus ENVIRONMENT server?  The fact that a player can kill another player, especially when that player is offline and has no defense against it, seems contrary to the entire point of offering a place where you aren't supposed to be able to kill other players, doesn't it?

They sure didn't have a problem removing the ability for people to pick up wild dinos with flyers the moment they realized it was being used to grief on PvE.

Maybe allow bodies to be moved, but make unconscious bodies protected by the offline damage prevention system that dinos are protected by?  That'd allow people to move you, but not kill you...at least not until you log on, and that'd make it pretty blatantly obvious who did it if you spawn in a building they constructed around you.

1 minute ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Should the devs come to your house and hold your hand while you play as well?

PvE is player vs the environment. Water is the environment. Logout in your house. The game is already ridiculous since adding ORP to PvE. It's a joke now.

I -WAS- in my house.

I was -REMOVED- from my house while I was offline, dragged to a lake, and drowned.

I don't see how allowing people to murder people offline is considered fair play in a situation when you can't murder them to their face.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Nightdagger said:

I -WAS- in my house.

I was -REMOVED- from my house while I was offline, dragged to a lake, and drowned.

I don't see how allowing people to murder people offline is considered fair play in a situation when you can't murder them to their face.

In a locked house.

Impossible.

This kind of griefing its a fact, but on the other side what if you had a several amount of offline bodies in your base that you cant even drag to water to make them despawn? Even considering those bodies increase the lag, just 1 might not gonna make that much difference, but think about all people who log in a server and log off and never come back, plus the new griefing way would be log off in someone base and stay there forever.

11 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Can’t wait for this. 

If you have a 1-wall thick base, I've watched these guys on my server do it, it really is possible!  I don't want to say how because it's against forum rules to discuss "that stuff" openly but it is very glitchy and works.  And if you have a base near any natural formation and haven't 100+% sealed it up or have an open window, all it takes is climbing picks.  I personally was testing a gap that was 1/4 the height of one wall, and though I'm bad at using climbing picks, even I was able to fidget through the tiny tiny gap into my base.  We kept getting drowned and didn't know how it was happening, and so I redesigned that gap so I could place dino gateframes clipping into the ceiling about 3/4 the height of a wall.  Drowning continued, so we built extra layers of walls.  Drowning still happened so we started logged out naked everytime.  When we logged out naked, they stopped drowning us because there was nothing to get from it.  And climbing picks will get you through open windows with almost zero challenge, I have done it myself.

Really not trying to pull your leg, but nowhere is really secure anymore.  If griefer-types want to get in, they will.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

Really not trying to pull your leg, but nowhere is really secure anymore.  If griefer-types want to get in, they will.

Oh I get you. But. Gaps in walls and open windows are not a locked base. I would expect stuff like that to happen. 

On 10/10/2019 at 9:49 AM, Joebl0w13 said:

In a locked house.

Impossible.

You're a terrible moderator and you should remove yourself seriously. It is 100% possible to get dragged out of a locked house. You could fall thru foundation or clip thru a wall and be dragged out. 

Please add a .ini for us to enabled/disable body dragging. It would help a lot for unofficial server owners.

On 10/10/2019 at 10:45 AM, Joebl0w13 said:

Should the devs come to your house and hold your hand while you play as well?

PvE is player vs the environment. Water is the environment. Logout in your house. The game is already ridiculous since adding ORP to PvE. It's a joke now.

Try crashing near the obelisk, having to reboot your computer and coming back online to see you were drowned. Really funny, Even more when you have a 100% imprinted giga in your inventory. 

Archived