Admin Abuse. How Do We Stop It?

Gr1mR3ap3r

Admin Abuse. How Do We Stop It?

So I recently just went threw a abusive server, it's a boosted server and well not much to say abought it at all, my friend that was on this server realy liked it but was banned becuase of corrupted admins and the owner and that got me to wonder

What is Wild Card doing to stop this?

So to answer the question realy quick, Nothing, Wild Card isnt doing Nothing. Now befor yall get trigerd and upset and Wild Card ima stop you there and tell you not to get that upset with them at all. Wild Card is fixing many problems of ark like glitches, over Powers dinos, meshing all that stuff and is also now working on 3 new maps and one was just anounsed not to long ago. But still WC can't do much with admin abuse servers so all I can say is that. Nothing much to do

But however Wild Card can fix this in many ways but will take time so I rather let them take there time then spam them abought servers even tho I realy would like for the server to get shut down for the BS they put me, my friend who got me to say this and his tribe/friends.

So if you have any ideas of what to do with abusive servers I would like you to suggest it to Wild Card, any idea from others will help them make the Game better, if you want me to tell you what server I was on that has admin abuse and owner abuse just ask me (btw the server is an ps4 server)

I think your have misunderstood what private hosting means. It’s not Wildcard’s responsibility to enforce private servers and in fact completely goes against it.

Anything an admin does on their server is technically not abuse because it’s their server or they have been trusted by the host to help run it. There is nothing you can do to avoid bad admins except leave immediately as soon as you catch wind of them.

Bad news travels faster than good news and people are much more neutral than to openly give out good reviews. By this logic it’s why people who have experienced bad admins believe the problem is greater than it is but in reality, the good servers far outweigh the bad ones.

Keep looking and try to find a server that is already credible, such as good advertisement and feedback. Avoid joining random servers.

Ok I see what your saying but tell me this would you like to go in a server get your friend online to play with you stay there for like...4 months but always keep on getting picked on by admins, I know that its there server but it there job to make sure that the server is not abused, not Admin wiped for framed meshing that they did, my friend. Paid 10 bucks on dinos on that server and he didnt get them he lost 10$ and what the owner told us is that the money my friend gave to the admin he bought dinos off of spent it on freaking flip flops....witf? So I get that Wild Card does not have 100% controll over this but there is still much for them to do, and I know admin abuse when I go threw it, so listen I get you my dude but this is unexceptable. Idgaff if its there server they doing admin abuse makes it look like every owner can do it and not get in trouble for it, in not demanding nothing from Wild Card at all I'm just asking that they try to do something at least.

Just now, Gr1mR3ap3r said:

Ok I see what your saying but tell me this would you like to go in a server get your friend online to play with you stay there for like...4 months but always keep on getting picked on by admins, I know that its there server but it there job to make sure that the server is not abused, not Admin wiped for framed meshing that they did, my friend. Paid 10 bucks on dinos on that server and he didnt get them he lost 10$ and what the owner told us is that the money my friend gave to the admin he bought dinos off of spent it on freaking flip flops....witf? So I get that Wild Card does not have 100% controll over this but there is still much for them to do, and I know admin abuse when I go threw it, so listen I get you my dude but this is unexceptable. Idgaff if its there server they doing admin abuse makes it look like every owner can do it and not get in trouble for it, in not demanding nothing from Wild Card at all I'm just asking that they try to do something at least.

It’s their server, end of. As soon as your friend started getting picked on like you say they should have left. It was your friends decision to keep on playing. I’ll repeat, it is not Wildcard’s responsibility to enforce private servers. You take the risk by joining.

11 minutes ago, Gr1mR3ap3r said:

You don't seem to get it.

They pay for their own server and have complete control over how they operate that server. 

That server can run a million different games, it just happens to be running Ark. 

WC has nothing to do with it.

The customer (you) of that server is the only way to regulate it by posting that abuse on all Ark related sites, particularly FB, to get the word out and keep people from going through the same thing.

The solution is to not play on their server. If nobody is on a server that they pay for then they will start to wonder why. I suggest your friend dose smore research on a server before investing too much time into it. I personally prefer official but I know that there are plenty of popular players/moderators here on the forums that host their own unofficial servers. Maybe try figuring out how to get into one of these, as their reputation shows how reliable they are. 

37 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

They pay for their own server and have complete control over how they operate that server. 

That server can run a million different games, it just happens to be running Ark. 

The customer (you) of that server is the only way to regulate it by posting that abuse on all Ark related sites, particularly FB, to get the word out and keep people from going through the same thing.

37 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Ok I see what your saying but ima tell you what I told the other guy. More and more of these servers with abusive owners are poping up, and I'm did not say its Wild Cards Fualt at all I'm saying is that there are ways to stop admins/owners to be abusive on there own server. Ive been on servers were admins threaten other players life and that isnt not good at all. I get that I can warn others abought these servers but those servers will still be up and running till the owners of the server take it down. And that can be never. And idk if you think you know when you said "Wild Card Has nothing to do with it" like bruh I didnt say that this is WC fualt at all all I said was that WC has many wayss of fixing this admin abuse as well, I didnt say they should and I didnt say they shouldn't but still something needs to be done and I'm trying to get other players to help with this problem. I'm trying to make sure that ark servers dont get all replaced with abusive admin/owner servers that steal your money and not get punished for it. Ima leave it at that

They either pay to have the servers host them or do it themselves. They own them, they have total rights to them. People choose to play on them. And how would 

6 minutes ago, Gr1mR3ap3r said:

all I said was that WC has many wayss of fixing this admin abuse as well, i'm trying to get other players to help with this problem. I'm trying to make sure that ark servers dont get all replaced with abusive admin/owner servers

A, how could WC possibly be able to fix these problems. B, how could players help with it. And finally, thats what official servers are for

4 minutes ago, Gr1mR3ap3r said:

Ok I see what your saying but ima tell you what I told the other guy. More and more of these servers with abusive owners are poping up, and I'm did not say its Wild Cards Fualt at all I'm saying is that there are ways to stop admins/owners to be abusive on there own server. Ive been on servers were admins threaten other players life and that isnt not good at all. I get that I can warn others abought these servers but those servers will still be up and running till the owners of the server take it down. And that can be never. And idk if you think you know when you said "Wild Card Has nothing to do with it" like bruh I didnt say that this is WC fualt at all all I said was that WC has many wayss of fixing this admin abuse as well, I didnt say they should and I didnt say they shouldn't but still something needs to be done and I'm trying to get other players to help with this problem. I'm trying to make sure that ark servers dont get all replaced with abusive admin/owner servers that steal your money and not get punished for it. Ima leave it at that

You just don’t get it. I’d consider looking up the definition of ‘private’.

Also, so far you have claimed that Wildcard have many ways fo fix the admin abuse but have failed to list any?

58 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

It’s their server, end of. As soon as your friend started getting picked on like you say they should have left. It was your friends decision to keep on playing. I’ll repeat, it is not Wildcard’s responsibility to enforce private servers. You take the risk by joining.

Ok lad your miss hearing me. I didnt say they should enforce it and I didnt say nothing that Wild Card should hast to anything I'm asking for them to do something and I ask for ideas on stopping this for happening to other players and so far (no offence) all the ideas I've read so far doesn't fix nothing, the servers still up, and other players will still be forced to deal with servers like that, and it doesn't matter if it's there server. They stole my friends 10$ and if you didn't know this already. That's a Crime and that should be fixed. Don't argue saying thats it's there server and there rules, cuase there are rules of owning a server and admin abusers don't recognize them at all, I'm not telling WC to fix it I am suggesting it to them, don't try to make me look like the bad guy cuase it's seems like that to me

4 minutes ago, Gr1mR3ap3r said:

Ok lad your miss hearing me. I didnt say they should enforce it and I didnt say nothing that Wild Card should hast to anything I'm asking for them to do something and I ask for ideas on stopping this for happening to other players and so far (no offence) all the ideas I've read so far doesn't fix nothing, the servers still up, and other players will still be forced to deal with servers like that, and it doesn't matter if it's there server. They stole my friends 10$ and if you didn't know this already. That's a Crime and that should be fixed. Don't argue saying thats it's there server and there rules, cuase there are rules of owning a server and admin abusers don't recognize them at all, I'm not telling WC to fix it I am suggesting it to them, don't try to make me look like the bad guy cuase it's seems like that to me

You’re trying to force a server owner to close shop just because you felt cheated by your choice to play on a private server. Why can’t you just move on? If the server continues down this path then it is likely not to survive anyway. Again, look up the definition of ‘private’.

How is it they stole his money? Selling game related things- tames, gear & such- for real cash (and buying them) are (I could be wrong) an account banning offense? 

If he kicked some money their way to support the server....its just a bad investment on his part, not theft. Like voluntarily paying some of your bullies rent & then getting mad when he bullies you & then throws you out of his house

I avoid admin abuse by being the admin. I can guarantee to my players that I will do no wrong by them, unless they grant me the authority by their actions to force me into a sad situation of having to intervene. And to be honest, I just want you guys to have fun on my unofficial. Isn't that the whole point of hosting anyways?

Just now, Mossenstein said:

How is it they stole his money? Selling game related things for real cash (and buying them) are (I could be wrong) an account banning offense? 

Not for private. For example, I pay £82 pm for my cluster of 7 servers but I allow donations and reward people with cosmetics if they redeem them after.

17 minutes ago, Gr1mR3ap3r said:

I'm asking for them to do something and I ask for ideas on stopping this. The servers still up, and other players will still be forced to deal with servers like that. 
They stole my friends 10$ 
cuase there are rules of owning a server and admin abusers don't recognize them at all,
WC to fix it I am suggesting it to them,

Your asking WC to interfere with private servers that they don't "own", and they don't host (so i'd be curious how exactly they could moderate them?)
interfering with private servers would also piss quite a bit of people
I would be curious how they stole the $10? They bought something on a private server that the admin just cheats in or?
There aren't rules, they own them. They can do as they please, if they choose to be a jerk they can.
I think if the server really is that bad you should do as previous people suggested and get the word out so people won't play on it.

4 minutes ago, Sphere said:

I avoid admin abuse by being the admin. I can guarantee to my players that I will do no wrong by them, unless they grant me the authority by their actions to force me into a sad situation of having to intervene. And to be honest, I just want you guys to have fun on my unofficial. Isn't that the whole point of hosting anyways?

Yep, the same reason I decided to host.

Not only do I have in game rules that require video/screenshot proof, I have a code of conduct that is less of an issue but directs the type of gameplay we collectively deem as fair, then terms and conditions that also apply to in game, but also our Xbox club and discord. There is no grey area, as I’ve removed such wording over the years.

ah, thanks for clearing unofficial rules up. Id still consider it a bad investment. Id only play unofficial if I knew the admin well....too much effort to put into a server thats paid for by another & could vanish/become unfunded....then again Switch official servers arent that different as we lost a large number of official servers not but 4 months into the games life on that console. Im sure there are good unofficials out there, perhaps I should go find one....but Im not buying anything until I know how the owners operate

11 minutes ago, Mossenstein said:

ah, thanks for clearing unofficial rules up. Id still consider it a bad investment.

....but Im not buying anything until I know how the owners opperate

1) Server hosting can get expensive so donations to keep a server running is never a bad investment. Doesn’t matter if the money doesn’t go towards the cause because the owner would still out of pocket either way.

2) This should be the default response to any investment on a server, be it time or money.

9 minutes ago, Mossenstein said:

ah, thanks for clearing unofficial rules up. Id still consider it a bad investment. Id only play unofficial if I knew the admin well....too much effort to put into a server thats paid for by another & could vanish/become unfunded....then again Switch official servers arent that different as we lost a large number of official servers not but 4 months into the games life on that console. Im sure there are good unofficials out there, perhaps I should go find one....but Im not buying anything until I know how the owners operate

I could have bought a car with how much money I have spent so far on hosting. I own the hardware.

44 minutes ago, Mossenstein said:

I played on a real good unofficial on PS4. PvE and PvP clusters. Issues solved in 24 hours. Great rules and rates.

I stopped only because there was nothing else for me to do in the game. PvE was conquered on official and I tried PvP but just wasn't my cup of tea. 

If I ever got the itch again, I'd definitely go back to them though. 

• Volunteer Moderator

I am closing this topic. 

WIldcard does not enforce private servers. The server owners pay for the server through outside vendors they can do what they want on the server they own that server they can make up whatever rules they want and ban who they wish. If they want to monetize or charge you to play on them they can do this. They own the server. 

Archived