Split-screen Issue

When playing on the Island on splitscreen there seems to be a graphical glitch that distorts the second players screen. 

Its mostly the areas between the winter biome and whatever separates it. The second players screen will have a constant motion blur effect or everything will become a dark silhouette. 

This is mostly while riding on Argents but haven’t tried going between on foot or other tames. 

That’s right. That happened to me as well. And as usual, I’m ALWAYS the second player so I have to experience the glitch very frequently. I hate that. And sometimes during that glitch an image of your character’s legs and feet appears on the left side of the screen... it’s pretty annoying to be honest

We've recently started playing, and we have the same symptoms. These are the points I've noted;

1. Both players are wearing fur and shouldn't be affected by cold weather.

2. It happens if one or both players move into the snow region (north west of 'The island')

3. It only affects player 2, even if player 2 stays stationary and player 1 moves into the snow. 

4. It's not mount related (we were both on foot when it happened). 

5. All objects turn black, the only thing that remains is the sky. 

As mentioned, this makes it extremely difficult to defend if being attacked. We've not yet ventured into snow for this reason.