Wipe of all Legacy servers?

Walkerslayer41

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, Walkerslayer41 said:

If you want to speak about choices .. Where is our choice to have support fora server that we paid for. It was not our choice for them to provide us with an unsupported server. TO me that is a form of theft.

You didn't pay for a server. You paid for a game client. The servers come and go, but there's always servers to play on.

Nothing's been stolen from you. 

9 minutes ago, Walkerslayer41 said:

If you cannot support it... DO NOT PROVIDE IT!

You know it was a favor to us right? Most EA games do a complete wipe when they do an official release.

WC took into account the time invested during EA so have decided to keep those early servers not only running but up to date with the latest patches.

Geez, people are pathetically ungrateful and obtuse to the lengths WC has gone for legacy.

Official servers should have the biggest gripe since the customer support isn't much better than what legacy receives. Lol

1 hour ago, Aikar said:

you chose to play on an unsupported server when you had other options available.

In fairness, wildcard promised those players who spent two years dealing with bugs and helping make ark what it is today that they would not be screwed over and wiped when the game launched. A promise which was immediately broken, and so Wildcard came up with the concept of Legacy servers which would stay separate and receive all the new maps AND customer support of the new servers. Of course that didn't happen either and they nixed the support promise at the last minute. While they did that, they also announced that they'd only wipe legacy servers where the active player count is near zero. As everyone knows, this wasn't true either. In fact i know people who play on legacy servers still that have much higher player counts than many official servers and still.... they got wiped. Its a real shame the way so many people were treated. Especially since ark would be nothing without them. 

And before you claim otherwise, do you honestly think they could have developed this game without thouands of beta testers who paid them to test their game? psh...

You know it was a favor to us right? Most EA games do a complete wipe when they do an official release.

Yes, They do. But thats irrelevant the moment Jeremy Stieglitz said the following:

“Alright then, I’ve thought a lot about this, read a lot of commentary on the subject, and understand the time players have been putting into the game. Here is the final word on the matter: we will not be wiping the Official Servers on ARK’s release (and as mentioned, we will do everything in our power to ever avoid wiping — we all felt the sting from the launch duping bug all too well). We will keep existing active Official Servers as they are post-ship — no wipe — though at ship we may at our discretion re-purpose certain empty or near-empty Official Servers with 1 month prior warning (we’ll provide archives to data of such servers if anyone wishes to re-host). New Servers will be ADDED to help accommodate new players at that time; we can afford it.

“We take the time players put into the game seriously, and we want to reward them for that. The reward is having a permanent impact on your ARK, simple as that.”

Just on a side note, keep in mind that the game wasn't even released during our days on the legacy servers. Full wipe made sense. It did piss me off, especially after they said they wouldn't. But it had to happen, I personally would have preferred if they all went down at once. That way we'd at least have saves of our server to host it our self if we wanted, instead of slowly waiting for it to die. The day after I quit and gave my stuff to friends my server save was released.

I would feel more for Legacy peeps if they were invested in a subscription model but this game is box to play.  You aren't giving WC any rea$on to keep you up.  Time to amputate what don't make money.  Just business.  For future suggest it might be nice if people could transfer the dinos they catch on official over to single player mode.  Not the buildings tho that would be an excessive programmer's nightmare.

Archived