Valguero is the continuation of everything that is wrong about ARK

dodogal

On 6/21/2019 at 3:54 PM, Thedunkeroo6669 said:

It is a game enjoy it for what it is, an escape to another world. Been playing since it came out. Some issues but hey what game doesn't have issues.  Only issue I had was when crates and drops stopped working on ragnarok and coal was not.spawning other wise move on and enjoy.

Can't. Extinction is still broken on Xbox since release. Constant dashboarding. Still no fix. Good optimism though. But the reality is that the game is broken in so many ways. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is it so impossible for ppl on this site to just let others be frustrated ? 

- Frustrations mostly appear because you wanna progress or have love for something that could use a hand. But all of a sudden they should just quit and everybody Just starts attacking them? I really don’t get why there should be so much drama just because ppl share their opinions. 

Nobody is suffering og getting hurt, so if you don’t like other opinions, just look away. do you have such a big ego that you think it’s important giving others your opinion in that kind of way? 

I'm trying to play Valguero single player on my PS4 after waiting the month or 2 for it to get released. Got a trike and a raft, head to the white cliffs to find a decent fighting Dino as I haven't saw a carnivore yet except for a single spino in the corner of the lake. Offload at the paradise chalk cliffs area and end up slowly running the trike through the entire area, and not a single Dino spawn to be found, not a single thing... I liked being able to spawn on the islands and build up without getting Unicorned by bugged raptors that pin you without pouncing for the last 3 weeks since they majorly screwed them up when adding the roll/dodge thing. Pretty much made ground mounts impossible on the center when anything smaller than a theriz gets instant pounced by raptors facing the wrong direction that haven't even attacked. Not to mention the rexes on the beach at the Obelisk island on the center the moment I spawned, as well as every other annoying thing in the game except maybe kapros on the easy starting spawn beach.  (Quit Ragnarok when desert loot crates and deep sea loot crates wouldn't spawn for the duration of my months of playing on the map) plus the bee hives stacked 500 deep at every possible spawn location made the game insta-crash blue screen of death every time I flew past the castle). Back to Valguero though, how am I supposed to get anything to spawn? I tried a Dino wipe and there is nothing, no Deinos or nests/eggs. Good thing it came out on PC first to make sure all the bugs were addressed before coming to console, with entirely new bugs I didn't see in any youtubers videos on PC! My submissions for bug lists for ragnarok weren't acknowledged for months (doubt they have been now even, just stopped looking a long time ago) since submitting them on the forums before I just stopped playing on the mess btw. On the center every time I exited the game or it crashed my map would wipe all the explored area and start fresh every time like the first time you wake up on the ark, also deleting all of the map markers that were set.  I now know this carries over to Valguero as well! Tried logging out and back in to see if I can get any dinos to spawn and the 80% of the map I had revealed is now gone, along with my map markers... Tamed a ptera and flew all over the map to look for Dino spawns, and there is nothing on the entire map! The starter islands and a few herbivores along the starter beaches are literally the only dino spawns on the entire ark still, after doing another dino wipe, explored the entire white cliffs area, thinking maybe if I spent time there it would encourage spawns,  but nope.  It's a bit ridiculous I'm level 55 and I still can't find a carnivorous dino.... Just wanted to update the post for the 3rd day of exploring the new map and trying to find any living thing. 

Also what the hell is the deal with only allowing Nitrado to possess PS4 save data?? Supposedly its a PS thing, even though I have to pay monthly for play station network crap to play on my paid rented server I can't possess my own data!  I played on a rented private server through multiplay for well over a year, and all of a sudden they decide to stop hosting servers for some reason, I kept trying to download my save data that would never work until I emailed them to ask right before it was all gone, only to find out all they can do is send it to Nitrado who is now the only server host I can choose from if I want to keep years of dinos and maps.  Even though the ping was 2-300 constantly the first few months I tried playing my rented extinction server before quitting and going back to single player. I wanted to rent from G-portal, but consoles are stupid with their data so not an option... 

On 6/21/2019 at 2:26 PM, TimeBomb2003 said:

For example, it is nearly impossible to finish the game in single player mode without cheat codes, and totally impossible without searching workarounds for the glitches on google, if you're ever lucky enough to find one (not guaranteed considering the use of cheat codes is widely considered as the only way to play the game).

boi ima bout to defeat the overseer legit! I barley have any bugs or glitches

Barely?  Sounds like you still use them

On 7/20/2019 at 2:02 PM, BearGrillz said:

Some of you lot have way too much time on your hands,

the main things that ruin this game are the under mappers and the mega tribes,

unless you have no life, no job or your 15 you cannot play official without getting wiped,

still the the best game I’ve ever played....

Just don't try to build a base.... I'm 36 xD an work 10hrs a day ..plays official on regular basis but I play guerrilla  style I love it really the salt is real when u snipe \kill the alphas tames bahahaha

Look. Yes the game is very very buggy. And yes it has a lot of underlying issues that haven’t been fixed. But the game is fantastic. They have consistently given us new content for the entirety of the games life span. They’re an absolutely poop ton of dinos and creatures in the game more than any other pvp mmo game like ark out right now and probably any in the next 10 years. There are hundreds of items and resources to make the game fresh and fun. There are many systems that are super in depth and that allow for countless hours of gameplay and fun including breeding, taming, farming, boss fights, tec items, etc. the game has many flaws but the amount off stuff and possibilities in the game is what keeps people coming back.  If you really feel the game is that buggy then stop playing. But if u can look past all of the pegos and microraptors you can find a massive game full of endless possibilities that has given plenty of amazing memories to millions of ppl. I get it, it needs fixed, but look on the good side and see how lucky we are to have not only a dinosaur game like this but a game of this caliber at all. Thank you for coming to my ted talk. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2019 at 4:17 PM, EatMyDust said:

Care for some history?

- Gacha breeding is broken because the Gacha babies are always at 0 food. People put them outside somewhere and stay in render range of them. They mature all the way to adulthood without being fed any food. BROKEN.

- Managarmr's would spaz out on Extinction and float in the air instead of acting as usual. This was not intended and still occurs today without being fixed. BROKEN.

- Managarmr's glitch out and "fly away" out of the map ceiling which makes you lose your mana. This is not intended and till this day has not been fixed. BROKEN.

- Using a Managarmr outside of Extinction increases the likelihood of the "floating away" bug to the point where it is better to not use one on any other map. Not intended either. BROKEN.

- Pteranodon's were able to carry Gachas and other dinos they shouldn't have been able to carry when Extinction launched. Not intended and was fixed.

- Element Veins wiped people's bases on Extinction because WC messed up. That was not intended and was fixed.

- You can tame/breed an Otter and Pego and keep them in artifact caves and repeatedly load them up with multiple artifacts. This is not intended AND STILL ISN'T FIXED. BROKEN.

- If you had a tribe mate that didn't log in for a patch, they would turn into a "body bag" and allow for anyone to store up to 300 items in their inventory regardless of weight, and they would weigh 0 allowing you to use them as storage everywhere. This was fixed a few months ago after BEING IN THE GAME FOR YEARS.

- If you knock out an Argentavis while it has the corpse healing effect on, it's food drops to 0 and it's an instant tame. BROKEN.

- If you kite around the Daedon while it does it's heal effect, and let it cycle through a few times, it's food will be 0 and it's an instant tame. BROKEN.

- Megalosauruses use special attack instead of normal attack when not ridden, which makes them useless as an army. This is not intended. BROKEN.

- On Valguero if you go into the Aberration Trench there is a hole in the floor that drops you out of the game. Not intended. BROKEN.

- On Valguero if you go to the White Cliffs and look for Deinos, YOU WON'T SEE A SINGLE ONE HANGING FROM A WALL WAITING TO POUNCE ON YOU. This is not intended. BROKEN AND STILL NOT FIXED AFTER DAYS OF IT BEING THIS WAY.

- On Valguero you can walk up to a Deino nest and take their eggs and 80% of the time they won't even aggro. This is not intended and they're all supposed to aggro on you like Wyverns. BROKEN.

- On Valguero if you go in the water and keep your head near the surface the water opacity glitches and you can see everything as clear as day underwater. This is not intended. BROKEN.

- On Valguero when it's time for fog it immediately turns the sky foggy instead of transitioning slowly like other maps. This is not intended. BROKEN.

Let's not be ignorant.

I've gotta be honest here... I've been playing games for... what, 23 years now? Yeah, uh... you only listed like, 3-4 major game breaking glitches/bugs here, so let's go down this list of said game breakers, then I'll explain why the others are non-essential and why YOU need to wake up.

1.Element veins wiping out structures, yeah, that could be super bad. Probably would DESTROY the  player base. Glad they fixed it. The inability to keep longstanding structures is no bueno muchacho.

2.Tribemate body bag: for a game that expresses heavily on the weight factor, this is again, a big ouchy. Specifically due to the unavailability to the fact that not all players can use this (ie youd need to be in a tribe to exploit the bug.)

3. Hole in the floor. Enough said, though, counter point, this is a modder made map, DILO do you expect? Perfection?

Now, onto MY point. Every other bug, exploit, glitch, hack, WHATEVER, that you listed? Non-consequential. So what? A mana glitched through the skywall/roof. Big whoop. Oh no, insta tame on a healing bird that got K.O.'d. (Though, seeing a common factor in the healing factor, I'd say that COULD be an issue in the code with the healing buff, in which case, dont EVER expect a fix. That's more complicated than you could ever comprehend.)

What you're failing to realize is ARK isnt a triple A title and you're holding it to said standards. It's not like skyrim, which had a modder write a mod that itself was a 25.7 gigabyte patch JUST FOR THE BUGS that they NEVER fixed, it's not For Honor, who had exploits that were unforeseen (albeit eventually fixed) at launch, it's not Super Mario 64 (and yes, super mario 64 had bugs/glitches that were exploitable.)

While I DO HOPE the dev's patch that damn hole in the floor with some flex tape at least, nothing else here is anything less than irritating for players who havent done the exploits. Yeah, instant taming 18 argents would be sick. 18 argents would be poop against my 9 velo backup defense system tho.

Really, you, and the op, just seem really salty you didnt get what you wanted. *shrugs* maybe play a different game? You already gave them your $$$ though, so idk why you would do that.

6 hours ago, JinxieBoo said:

I've gotta be honest here... I've been playing games for... what, 23 years now? Yeah, uh... you only listed like, 3-4 major game breaking glitches/bugs here, so let's go down this list of said game breakers, then I'll explain why the others are non-essential and why YOU need to wake up.

1.Element veins wiping out structures, yeah, that could be super bad. Probably would DESTROY the  player base. Glad they fixed it. The inability to keep longstanding structures is no bueno muchacho.

2.Tribemate body bag: for a game that expresses heavily on the weight factor, this is again, a big ouchy. Specifically due to the unavailability to the fact that not all players can use this (ie youd need to be in a tribe to exploit the bug.)

3. Hole in the floor. Enough said, though, counter point, this is a modder made map, DILO do you expect? Perfection?

Now, onto MY point. Every other bug, exploit, glitch, hack, WHATEVER, that you listed? Non-consequential. So what? A mana glitched through the skywall/roof. Big whoop. Oh no, insta tame on a healing bird that got K.O.'d. (Though, seeing a common factor in the healing factor, I'd say that COULD be an issue in the code with the healing buff, in which case, dont EVER expect a fix. That's more complicated than you could ever comprehend.)

What you're failing to realize is ARK isnt a triple A title and you're holding it to said standards. It's not like skyrim, which had a modder write a mod that itself was a 25.7 gigabyte patch JUST FOR THE BUGS that they NEVER fixed, it's not For Honor, who had exploits that were unforeseen (albeit eventually fixed) at launch, it's not Super Mario 64 (and yes, super mario 64 had bugs/glitches that were exploitable.)

While I DO HOPE the dev's patch that damn hole in the floor with some flex tape at least, nothing else here is anything less than irritating for players who havent done the exploits. Yeah, instant taming 18 argents would be sick. 18 argents would be poop against my 9 velo backup defense system tho.

Really, you, and the op, just seem really salty you didnt get what you wanted. *shrugs* maybe play a different game? You already gave them your $$$ though, so idk why you would do that.

You are almost weeks after the most recent post!   And more than one month later than EatMyDust's post!  :P

But allow me to share an opinion with you.  This isn't a thread about game-breaking and game-ending bugs exclusively, it is about customer's dissatisfaction over quantity over quality.  And yes, Valguero I fully include in "customers" though it is a free DLC, because most people playing Valguero have bought multiple paid expansion DLCs, and 100% of them have bought the base game (the more important point).  You gotta pay to play Valguero in some form!

I don't know that calling posters spoiled and salty ("... seem really salty you didnt get what you wanted.") when people are expressing dissatisfaction in a product they are passionate about is gonna help move the discussion on, or change anyone's mind.  In the meantime, consider that ARK is a subjective experience as well.  What some (maybe including you?) consider inconsequential can really get other people's goat.

I dunno.  Food for thought?  :)

On 8/5/2019 at 7:37 PM, JinxieBoo said:

Now, onto MY point. Every other bug, exploit, glitch, hack, WHATEVER, that you listed? Non-consequential. So what? A mana glitched through the skywall/roof. Big whoop.

I think op, and any other rational person would expect them to at least check over a map before adding it to the game. And/or fix it as quick as they can when they find out about it. And a mana glitching through the skywall/roof is a problem for solo players. It's not game breaking, but it's one less dino that a player can reliably use. As well as a waste of resources trying to tame one.

I don't quite feel as strongly as op about things, but after this many dlcs, we shouldn't have invisible dinos. Aberration still has issues with Rock Drakes falling through the map. Countless dinos lost through no fault of the player. Not to mention, while I agree with the devs removing dlc specific dinos from free maps. I'm disappointed that they didn't add something new and unique in their place. Valguero, a beautiful map, still feels a bit bland and vacant in some areas. I have no problem the game still having bugs in general. But bugs that cause the loss of a dino should be fixed relatively quickly. Even just having the devs acknowledge that they've seen our complaints about some of these things would go a long way.

• 4 weeks later...

Holy crap. I'm new to this game, like a month in. I gotta say I've seen some salty ass communities before but you raptorers definitely take the cake. I don't think I've ever seen a group of players hate on a game so much but keep playing. I like it so far. The only problem I'm having is the douche silo players, which seems to be a problem outside of the game too. Think I'm gonna host my own server for my friends. Y'all cancerous raptors need help.

On 7/21/2019 at 4:02 AM, BearGrillz said:

Some of you lot have way too much time on your hands,

the main things that ruin this game are the under mappers and the mega tribes,

unless you have no life, no job or your 15 you cannot play official without getting wiped,

still the the best game I’ve ever played....

i cant play because I have school, so the 15 doesn't make sense

• 6 months later...
On 6/21/2019 at 3:17 PM, EatMyDust said:

Care for some history?

- Gacha breeding is broken because the Gacha babies are always at 0 food. People put them outside somewhere and stay in render range of them. They mature all the way to adulthood without being fed any food. BROKEN.

- Managarmr's would spaz out on Extinction and float in the air instead of acting as usual. This was not intended and still occurs today without being fixed. BROKEN.

- Managarmr's glitch out and "fly away" out of the map ceiling which makes you lose your mana. This is not intended and till this day has not been fixed. BROKEN.

- Using a Managarmr outside of Extinction increases the likelihood of the "floating away" bug to the point where it is better to not use one on any other map. Not intended either. BROKEN.

- Pteranodon's were able to carry Gachas and other dinos they shouldn't have been able to carry when Extinction launched. Not intended and was fixed.

- Element Veins wiped people's bases on Extinction because WC messed up. That was not intended and was fixed.

- You can tame/breed an Otter and Pego and keep them in artifact caves and repeatedly load them up with multiple artifacts. This is not intended AND STILL ISN'T FIXED. BROKEN.

- If you had a tribe mate that didn't log in for a patch, they would turn into a "body bag" and allow for anyone to store up to 300 items in their inventory regardless of weight, and they would weigh 0 allowing you to use them as storage everywhere. This was fixed a few months ago after BEING IN THE GAME FOR YEARS.

- If you knock out an Argentavis while it has the corpse healing effect on, it's food drops to 0 and it's an instant tame. BROKEN.

- If you kite around the Daedon while it does it's heal effect, and let it cycle through a few times, it's food will be 0 and it's an instant tame. BROKEN.

- Megalosauruses use special attack instead of normal attack when not ridden, which makes them useless as an army. This is not intended. BROKEN.

- On Valguero if you go into the Aberration Trench there is a hole in the floor that drops you out of the game. Not intended. BROKEN.

- On Valguero if you go to the White Cliffs and look for Deinos, YOU WON'T SEE A SINGLE ONE HANGING FROM A WALL WAITING TO POUNCE ON YOU. This is not intended. BROKEN AND STILL NOT FIXED AFTER DAYS OF IT BEING THIS WAY.

- On Valguero you can walk up to a Deino nest and take their eggs and 80% of the time they won't even aggro. This is not intended and they're all supposed to aggro on you like Wyverns. BROKEN.

- On Valguero if you go in the water and keep your head near the surface the water opacity glitches and you can see everything as clear as day underwater. This is not intended. BROKEN.

- On Valguero when it's time for fog it immediately turns the sky foggy instead of transitioning slowly like other maps. This is not intended. BROKEN.

Let's not be ignorant.

the otter thing was intended.

Archived