Valguero is the continuation of everything that is wrong about ARK

dodogal

2 hours ago, Eclipse said:

If it's so bad, go find a studio that has done something like this better and go play their game. Oh wait, that doesn't exist.  

Rust, Conan Exiles and 7 Days to Die are all reasonably viable competitors, though they each have a different focus (PVP deathmatch, PVE dungeons/progression and PVE horde base defense respectively) 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, TimeBomb2003 said:

"I really don't know what your on about, I have 1301 hours and counting in ark, all of which are singleplayer, in that time, I have barley experienced any bugs or glitches aside from the rare crash."   -Me

"and I didn't cheat".  -also Me

You are a liar 300% guaranteed -Me

4 hours ago, devilkingx2 said:

3. What can't be done on SP without cheats? And which cheats are you referring to? Are you talking about engram points? Boss difficulty? Getting yourself unstuck? Changing rates from the default?

Skylord artifact won't spawn in SP mode, if you google it up you'll find out the common workaround is to use a admin cheat to spawn the artifact,

imagine Zelda, one boss is missing and you have to use a cheat to spawn that boss. That's what ARK expects you to do.

4 hours ago, CryptidHorror said:

Valguero was made by modders who put love into their map, without the expectation it would be added as an official map. 

Saying it's everything wrong with ark is disgustingly disrespectful to the mod devs who made it. They don't work for wildcard, keep your beef with wildcard out of their hard work. 

Modders aren't the problem, the problem is the devs wasted their time on this mod that will likely remain bugged and unfinished if we learned anything from the center & rag. That time should have been used to fix core problems, especially since it's the last year ARK gets patches.

12 hours ago, dodogal said:

Modders aren't the problem, the problem is the devs wasted their time on this mod that will likely remain bugged and unfinished if we learned anything from the center & rag. That time should have been used to fix core problems, especially since it's the last year ARK gets patches.

From my understanding, the modders who made the map are actively asking their community to send them bugs and broken things for them to get fixed, even  I have sent them bugs. I understand frustrations about rag/center not getting updated with their issues, but don't take it out in such a rude way that comes off so disrespectful. Speak your opinion but do it respectfully and all that jazz, politeness goes further. Someone who comes in and just yells their head off about how much they hate something or how much something sucks will probably get ignored. It's not constructive. It's just noise.

Ced has mentioned before that the wildcard team is divided into different groups of people working on different parts of the game. There's folks working on meshing, while other folks work on new content or on exploits or w/e. The modders who made the map spent a long time building it, they arguably did the heavy lifting without any interaction with wildcard up until the past few months to make it official. Have some faith, report the bugs politely, and be patient. We've gotten a lot of interesting features added so far this year from content and even just general fixes for exploits and optimization. The numerous amount of fixes in the patch notes is a blessing to see.

On 6/21/2019 at 4:34 PM, harschness2 said:

People calling him a hater are honestly hilariously out of touch and must only play PvE. The excuse that WC is only 6 years old is a terrible one to say the least considering the amount of problems that Ark still has to this day since early access. It's a $60 game that should still be in alpha. Let's name bugs; Meshing, Duping, Rollback Methods, Invincibility, Losing Inventories Through Transfer, Clipping Through Surfaces (consequently losing whatever fell through the map) 

I would love to see the "Fanboy" replies saying I'm a hater for expecting a game to properly function. To think people just so blindly advocate what is quite easily comparable to a scam is insane. Everyone saw what happened to Atlas. The amount of reused assets, all the server problems, and all of the bugs. Stop making excuses, the games in a terrible state with game breaking bugs but oh look got a new unfinished map. Hip Hip Hooray!

Maybe if you didnt play on overly boosted servers that dont actually let you play the game and just hand everything to you you would see that ark is a very underrated and overly hated game?‍♀️

3 hours ago, CryptidHorror said:

Have some faith

Faith is for kids, I prefer to rely on rational thoughts, The Center and Rag still feel unfinished and buggy to this day, I see no reason why Valg would be different.

I wish the devs used that time and money to fix the unbelievable problems in the core game, this is the first time I buy a game 120 bucks only to see it's nearly impossible to finish its SP mode without cheat codes.

And this is the current state of the center

1. missing textures / flying objects

2. can literally fly underwater

Even the Island has tons of flying stone/herb/trees

Why keep adding unfinished content rather than finishing the core product?

Spoiler

1.jpg

2.jpg

Ok what’s your problem? I mean sure, Ark may not be the GREATEST game in the world, but it’s at LEAST in my top 5. I think that they have a really good dev team, and anything (except understandable mesh glitches/bugs) was completely intentional, and adds to how good of a game it is. Also, consider the fact that mistakes (like glitches/bugs) are very easy to make while coding, and usually very hard to fix. Also, consider the fact that these awesome developers may not be responding to YOUR EVERY NEED because of what the whole COMMUNITY wants, for example, a fix to mesh bugs. If you don’t think Studio Wildcard is capable of “fixing” their game, go try making one yourself. Then maybe you won’t take their efforts for granted.

On 6/22/2019 at 2:47 AM, CryptidHorror said:

Valguero was made by modders who put love into their map, without the expectation it would be added as an official map.

Saying it's everything wrong with ark is disgustingly disrespectful to the mod devs who made it. They don't work for wildcard, keep your beef with wildcard out of their hard work. 

Agreed. However, the modded map was 100% superior to the official one which has been touched by WC.

- Pretty much all extinction assets (dinos + ressources) were removed from the tundra area.
- No more reapers + rockdrakes.
- Not a huge fan of the 3 bosses gangbang. Personally prefered the "island" boss system from the modded version.
- Griffin removal based on a BS excuse... If they truly wanted to enforce map exclusivity, there wouldn't be ice wyverns on Valg in the first place.
- Drastic reduction in ressources compared to the modded map. (Currently, you have 1/20th of what was there)
- Plenty of tribute dinos missing for bosses. (Megalanias, basilos to name a few...)

I'll admit I had high expectations when WC announced Valguero as an official map, especially since I have well over 1k hours into the modded version. I did gave it a good go this last week and honestly, both maps can't be compared. The modded version offered enough stuff from all DLCs to be the only map someone could host a server on. The official version is sadly very bland and meh, at least to me.

I just wish they didn't removed the modded version just yet....

13 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

I do love how polarised the Ark community is at times.

Side A: Stop making new content and new bugs and fix all the prevalent bugs that have plagued the game for years ! 

Side B: The games dead and stale, we need more content !

I have yet to hear about that Side B. You sure it's not a myth?

On 6/23/2019 at 8:41 AM, Darkholis said:

Agreed. However, the modded map was 100% superior to the official one which has been touched by WC.

- Pretty much all extinction assets (dinos + ressources) were removed from the tundra area.
- No more reapers + rockdrakes.
- Not a huge fan of the 3 bosses gangbang. Personally prefered the "island" boss system from the modded version.
- Griffin removal based on a BS excuse... If they truly wanted to enforce map exclusivity, there wouldn't be ice wyverns on Valg in the first place.
- Drastic reduction in ressources compared to the modded map. (Currently, you have 1/20th of what was there)
- Plenty of tribute dinos missing for bosses. (Megalanias, basilos to name a few...)

I'll admit I had high expectations when WC announced Valguero as an official map, especially since I have well over 1k hours into the modded version. I did gave it a good go this last week and honestly, both maps can't be compared. The modded version offered enough stuff from all DLCs to be the only map someone could host a server on. The official version is sadly very bland and meh, at least to me.

I just wish they didn't removed the modded version just yet....

I didn't get to spend as much time with the modded map as I wanted, sadly. I'll take your word on some of these things. 

Reapers, iirc, were never planned to be added. Rock drakes were though. I could be wrong. The boss thing I think was the map maker's doing. I'm curious about it, but it seems a bit "eh" to see these maps not get their own unique bosses. Griffin was made for ragnarok, where as ice wyverns were reskinned/remaed for ragnarok so technically they are exclusive to Ragnarok. I don't know about resources, I know stuff was reworked. There are basilos on the map, ocean cave. Haven't seen meagalanias tho :C 

It's a shame to hear they removed so much more in terms of resources. I know the map maker is making a 'companion' mod that will add rock drakes back in, but otherwise I don't know what will be readded. It's still a wonderful map and the idiot arguing with everyone because other mod-made maps havent been updated can scream into the void all they want. It's new content and there's more to come for fixes and content anyway. 

Been playing Ark since early access, it's come a very very long way since then. Yeah there's bugs, but the enjoyment I've gotten from the game far out ways that in my opinion. Ark is by far one of the best games developed from Steam Early Access. If the continuation of bugs annoys you so much, go play something else, maybe something from a AAA developer that has absolutely no bugs at all ??.

Honestly I think there doing a lot better then they ever had. They addressed meshing and there so close to getting rid of it. Ddos has calmed down it still happens but it isn’t really a plague anymore where servers were being auto decayed. They added a new map to keep us interested. But honestly the state of the game rn is better than it’s been in a long time imo and if they keep this up it could get so much better.

On 6/21/2019 at 6:40 AM, dodogal said:

Valguero is the continuation of everything that is wrong about ARK

If ARK is a soup, Valguero is more water when we crave for more vegetables.

Adding more unfinished bugged content rather than fixing very important core issues... this has been a long standing issue in ARK development cycle, development which has pretty much reached EOL (end of life) judging from the fact bug reports are not even checked anymore, or at the very least I can say the bug tickets I filed were completely ignored despite reporting critical issues in the core gameplay.

Hide contents

For example, it is nearly impossible to finish the game in single player mode without cheat codes, and totally impossible without searching workarounds for the glitches on google, if you're ever lucky enough to find one (not guaranteed considering the use of cheat codes is widely considered as the only way to play the game).

Now we have a free expansion, cool but it's free so don't expect it to ever feel like a finished map, much like the center and ragnarok. Meanwhile we're still stuck with the old problems.

I don't dis-agree that there are bugs and it is because of WC I will never buy another game in early access or Beta, however, there is no other game for PVE that incorporates all of the things found in ARK, bugs included.  If there is and it is Full release, please let me know.

Cool, some guy on the internet had an opinion and he thinks its important that everyone stop playing because he is cranky.

I love people who complain about mod content they didn't make and likely either dont have the skill to make or have a map of their own that didnt get picked.

Im far from an Ark fanboy, at best im an Ark acquaintance who has friends who really enjoy it and I enjoy playing with them. So Im not blinded by love for WC or SG (SG is recycling Ark with new themes ad nauseam complete with bugs). but im not so full of myself and my own opinion that I think I need to post on their forums bad mouthing a non professional map, made by community members and given to me for free.

In fact WC has been very supportive of the modding community, which is something everyone complains about when companies arent. yet still not happy. Must be nice to have so few real problems in your life that you can come scream on a forum about free stuff.

On 6/21/2019 at 5:10 PM, HIFLY said:

So I play on xbox and got it as soon as it came out. Yes it was pretty buggy but it was really fun. The thing I really hate is the multiplayer. You have to follow the host on a private game or rent your own server unlike PC where it can be free. Xbox is also lacking mods too but I think all of that can be ignored for a while. The thing thats probably the worst on xbox are the hit boxes. Yes there was a glitch where the brontos front right leg would never walk or after 5 hours you'd lose frame rates a bit but none of that is as bad as the hit boxes. I make really good and cool boats but sometimes they don't work as intended. Raptors can bite you through the walls and when they jump attack you, they pull you out of a fully enclosed building. Or when you hit a vulture with 6 arrows but it never even takes any damage. Those are probably the worse. Most of the issues are online but I ignore online because of how cancer it is. My friends and I just want to have fun but those issues ruin it

Not sure if you knew, but you can host a xbox dedicated server on Windows 10.  Here are instructions from this article. 

hope it helps :)

Microsoft has informed of us of a potential way to host and player on a server without needing an additional copy, we've yet to confirm as we're looking into cross-platform player dedicated invites with them at the moment, but here's what they recommend:

On your Windows 10 PC…
1.    Launch and sign into the Microsoft Store using your Xbox Live Gold account
2.    Download and install ARK
3.    Launch the Xbox App and sign-in (or create as needed) an Xbox Live Silver account
4.    Launch ARK
5.    When the Xbox Account picker comes up select the Silver account
6.    In ARK, set up your dedicated server

On your Xbox One…
1.    Login to your Gold account
2.    Download and install ARK
3.    Launch ARK using Gold account as identity
4.    Use Server Browser to find and connect to the dedicated instance you set up on your PC

• 2 weeks later...

The map with the extended mod is very good. Yes it nearly invalidates SE and Abberation to some degree, and maybe extinction a bit because it has some of the dinos. But feom what I've seen extinction is more on robots, corrupted and the titans so it's safer from being nullified. A shame that WC removed all the good stuff but oh well, buying an unofficial with some friends works very good.

Myself I'm side B: I want new content :) I do feel some of the pain that some expressed about some of the content and dinos being removed. That will be missed although I never played it... So the DEV Valguero mod added an extension mod to add the stuff back in, however I'm on PS4...  So no dice of seeing this mod.

However considering that I've read somewhere else by a WC representative indicating that they have not ruled out totally to put let say rock drakes back in, they only responded with "We will see". So in the end, myself I'm hopeful, at least wishful :) Until then I guess I'll have to spawn some wild ones on my server ?

Oh even with the current bugs, I'm still an Ark addict and have my own Nitrado server ?

9 minutes ago, MooseX said:

Myself I'm side B: I want new content :) I do feel some of the pain that some expressed about some of the content and dinos being removed. That will be missed although I never played it... So the DEV Valguero mod added an extension mod to add the stuff back in, however I'm on PS4...  So no dice of seeing this mod.

However considering that I've read somewhere else by a WC representative indicating that they have not ruled out totally to put let say rock drakes back in, they only responded with "We will see". So in the end, myself I'm hopeful, at least wishful :)

Oh even with the current bugs, I'm still an Ark addict and have my own Nitrado server ?

Yeah I think Cedric might have mentioned it in the developer livestream?  Something to the effect of, "There are no CURRENT plans to implement them, but we're listening to player feedback."  If I recall, it was something like that, so maybe we'll get Rock Drakes.  That would be a nice addition, and I'm personally curious to see how the extensions to add Drakes, Nameless, and Reapers are gonna work out on the mod-side.

EDIT:  Unless they are planning a modified source of Baby Drake food, something other than Nameless Venom.

The game is my favourite game however there are core bugs that can make the game unplayable. For example on consoles your only option to play is pretty much to rent with Nitrado sure there are a couple other ways to play host from pc etc but if you don’t have a pc and want to play the game on console and host well expect the game to wipe your save data almost every server restart to edit settings etc. Or when it does not wipe every structure is not owned by anyone and can’t be reclaimed using commands now these major major bugs have existed on all platforms for a good 2-3 years now if not more and the devs have not even really acknowledged it. I love this game but i do use a console and first hand experience these problems, every few months i come back hoping it’s fixed only to see after a day or two oh look the savedata all my building i did wiped yet again so me and my friends keep being hopeful only to be disapppointed again. 

I decided to say screw it and throw even more money at WC and bought a nitrado server and yes this way does work and saves fine but nitrado itself also has some saving issues with the actual server settings but it’s not as major and the actual game content does save but me personally after buying a 2nd xbox when ark was new and making another xbox gold and buying all ark content to be able to host me i find the 17$ now to rent with nitrado just a lot of freaking money invested in the game but i do it anyway because i love the game. But the truth is WC are greedy and corrupted you can do more research on it but for example look into how ark runs on the nintendo switch and into the release of it. You will see that WC basically forced the other company that worked with them on the nintendo version and forced a very unstable version to be released before it was ready. Some Dev from the other company ( i can’t remember companys name atm) spoke about this. So all in all i love Ark but it does have major problems the reason it is playable on pc is because you can make backups easily however consoles can’t and consoles suffer the issues i mentioned there are also lots of other smaller bugs of course but the major ones are what i decided to talk about here. 

I don’t have an issue with ark’s bugs that are minor of course there will be bugs what game does not have bugs. The issue is the major ones that actually matter don’t seem to be getting attention from the Devs ( as far as i know none have even acknowledged those ones ) anyways sorry for the very long post but here you go.

Archived