Jump to content

dodogal

Valguero is the continuation of everything that is wrong about ARK

Recommended Posts

Valguero is the continuation of everything that is wrong about ARK

If ARK is a soup, Valguero is more water when we crave for more vegetables.

Adding more unfinished bugged content rather than fixing very important core issues... this has been a long standing issue in ARK development cycle, development which has pretty much reached EOL (end of life) judging from the fact bug reports are not even checked anymore, or at the very least I can say the bug tickets I filed were completely ignored despite reporting critical issues in the core gameplay.

Spoiler

For example, it is nearly impossible to finish the game in single player mode without cheat codes, and totally impossible without searching workarounds for the glitches on google, if you're ever lucky enough to find one (not guaranteed considering the use of cheat codes is widely considered as the only way to play the game).

Now we have a free expansion, cool but it's free so don't expect it to ever feel like a finished map, much like the center and ragnarok. Meanwhile we're still stuck with the old problems.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

New content is what makes WC money to keep operating. Also, the bug fixing team is separate from the content creation team.

People like you are the worse lol Quit making excuses for these sloppy PC game companies. I'm praying Microsoft an Sony cracks down on poop companies like WC. 

  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

New content is what makes WC money to keep operating. Also, the bug fixing team is separate from the content creation team.

 

26 minutes ago, MERCDARKBLADE said:

When fortnite players complain about a company who’s only been around for 6 years. Gotta love it.


Care for some history?

- Gacha breeding is broken because the Gacha babies are always at 0 food. People put them outside somewhere and stay in render range of them. They mature all the way to adulthood without being fed any food. BROKEN.

- Managarmr's would spaz out on Extinction and float in the air instead of acting as usual. This was not intended and still occurs today without being fixed. BROKEN.

- Managarmr's glitch out and "fly away" out of the map ceiling which makes you lose your mana. This is not intended and till this day has not been fixed. BROKEN.

- Using a Managarmr outside of Extinction increases the likelihood of the "floating away" bug to the point where it is better to not use one on any other map. Not intended either. BROKEN.

- Pteranodon's were able to carry Gachas and other dinos they shouldn't have been able to carry when Extinction launched. Not intended and was fixed.

- Element Veins wiped people's bases on Extinction because WC messed up. That was not intended and was fixed.

 

- You can tame/breed an Otter and Pego and keep them in artifact caves and repeatedly load them up with multiple artifacts. This is not intended AND STILL ISN'T FIXED. BROKEN.

- If you had a tribe mate that didn't log in for a patch, they would turn into a "body bag" and allow for anyone to store up to 300 items in their inventory regardless of weight, and they would weigh 0 allowing you to use them as storage everywhere. This was fixed a few months ago after BEING IN THE GAME FOR YEARS.

- If you knock out an Argentavis while it has the corpse healing effect on, it's food drops to 0 and it's an instant tame. BROKEN.

- If you kite around the Daedon while it does it's heal effect, and let it cycle through a few times, it's food will be 0 and it's an instant tame. BROKEN.

- Megalosauruses use special attack instead of normal attack when not ridden, which makes them useless as an army. This is not intended. BROKEN.

 

- On Valguero if you go into the Aberration Trench there is a hole in the floor that drops you out of the game. Not intended. BROKEN.

- On Valguero if you go to the White Cliffs and look for Deinos, YOU WON'T SEE A SINGLE ONE HANGING FROM A WALL WAITING TO POUNCE ON YOU. This is not intended. BROKEN AND STILL NOT FIXED AFTER DAYS OF IT BEING THIS WAY.

- On Valguero you can walk up to a Deino nest and take their eggs and 80% of the time they won't even aggro. This is not intended and they're all supposed to aggro on you like Wyverns. BROKEN.

- On Valguero if you go in the water and keep your head near the surface the water opacity glitches and you can see everything as clear as day underwater. This is not intended. BROKEN.

- On Valguero when it's time for fog it immediately turns the sky foggy instead of transitioning slowly like other maps. This is not intended. BROKEN.

 

Let's not be ignorant.

  • Like 4
  • Facepalm 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes there's bugs and glitches in this game and pretty much every other game that's come out in the past 10 years and if that's all you focus on that'll be the limit to your gaming experience. But if you look past it you'll find the better qualities of the game and possibly make new allies and friends along the way. Ark is unique from other survival games because of it's dinos and your ability to make those dinos OP or keep them as is and build structures with there own unique designs and qualities. Other games like Overwatch are also buggy, look at the Hammond glitch going on right now. Or Destiny 2 buggy with it's weapons and glitches that keep happening when doing strikes and raids. Fortnite with its glitchy at times weapons or not being able to load into the game to jump 100% of the time. Call of duty games with its buggy weapons and grenades. I mean we can keep going on and on. But looking past all of that you find the creators looking to correct the mistakes, finding the bugs and working on them, companies attempting to listen to the complaints and trying to figure out ways to correct them. They may not be doing it at the pace you want it at but they are doing it never the less. Wanna fix the problem? Learn what program they use anf apply for a job, help them. The more you rag on them the more time they gotta take to address your problems instead of the games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People calling him a hater are honestly hilariously out of touch and must only play PvE. The excuse that WC is only 6 years old is a terrible one to say the least considering the amount of problems that Ark still has to this day since early access. It's a $60 game that should still be in alpha. Let's name bugs; Meshing, Duping, Rollback Methods, Invincibility, Losing Inventories Through Transfer, Clipping Through Surfaces (consequently losing whatever fell through the map) 

I would love to see the "Fanboy" replies saying I'm a hater for expecting a game to properly function. To think people just so blindly advocate what is quite easily comparable to a scam is insane. Everyone saw what happened to Atlas. The amount of reused assets, all the server problems, and all of the bugs. Stop making excuses, the games in a terrible state with game breaking bugs but oh look got a new unfinished map. Hip Hip Hooray!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, harschness2 said:

People calling him a hater are honestly hilariously out of touch and must only play PvE. The excuse that WC is only 6 years old is a terrible one to say the least considering the amount of problems that Ark still has to this day since early access. It's a $60 game that should still be in alpha. Let's name bugs; Meshing, Duping, Rollback Methods, Invincibility, Losing Inventories Through Transfer, Clipping Through Surfaces (consequently losing whatever fell through the map) 

I would love to see the "Fanboy" replies saying I'm a hater for expecting a game to properly function. To think people just so blindly advocate what is quite easily comparable to a scam is insane. Everyone saw what happened to Atlas. The amount of reused assets, all the server problems, and all of the bugs. Stop making excuses, the games in a terrible state with game breaking bugs but oh look got a new unfinished map. Hip Hip Hooray!

Hater :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TimeBomb2003 said:

For example, it is nearly impossible to finish the game in single player mode without cheat codes, and totally impossible without searching workarounds for the glitches on google, if you're ever lucky enough to find one (not guaranteed considering the use of cheat codes is widely considered as the only way to play the game).

 

boi ima bout to defeat the overseer legit! I barley have any bugs or glitches

Before you do, I would suggest doing this. That way you don't run the risk of your character being deleted after Ascending. 

image.thumb.png.4a9628269bdcd0377302d4f11b93c686.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I play on xbox and got it as soon as it came out. Yes it was pretty buggy but it was really fun. The thing I really hate is the multiplayer. You have to follow the host on a private game or rent your own server unlike PC where it can be free. Xbox is also lacking mods too but I think all of that can be ignored for a while. The thing thats probably the worst on xbox are the hit boxes. Yes there was a glitch where the brontos front right leg would never walk or after 5 hours you'd lose frame rates a bit but none of that is as bad as the hit boxes. I make really good and cool boats but sometimes they don't work as intended. Raptors can bite you through the walls and when they jump attack you, they pull you out of a fully enclosed building. Or when you hit a vulture with 6 arrows but it never even takes any damage. Those are probably the worse. Most of the issues are online but I ignore online because of how cancer it is. My friends and I just want to have fun but those issues ruin it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Thedunkeroo6669 said:

It is a game enjoy it for what it is, an escape to another world. Been playing since it came out. Some issues but hey what game doesn't have issues.  Only issue I had was when crates and drops stopped working on ragnarok and coal was not.spawning other wise move on and enjoy.

Then you are not playing ark...

 

And the IA of the dinos, they are retards since day 1. And they still being retards. And all the bugs where you can  go outside the map and kill dinos or people in pvp behind walls because good map design. But we already have the paid dlc so they dont care about fixes. They never care about that. Only some  heavy bugs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok so I get your point on this and I see what your going for, but if were all being honest WC spends alot of time and has spent alot of time and will always spend alot of time on trying to make the game as good as they can, adding new content does make them money but also gives us new things to do rather then just tameing a brontos for an HR for 4 days strait...the point is That Yes WC does have alot of things to fix like glitches, meshing, Admin Abuse in both boosted and normal servers but they can only do so much in a little time. Plus meshing is almost 100% imposible to fix cuz theres just to many ways to do so but thts not the point the point is that this will make ark much more fun but will haft to be fixes along the way so how bout you stop talking mad s### for no reason and thank WC for what there doing and trying to do for us now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, EatMyDust said:

Care for some history?

-SNIP-

Let's not be ignorant.

Dude, there are so many more.  So many more.

-Deinonychus drop unfertilized RAPTOR eggs, like Raptors drop, not un-fert Deinonyc eggs.

-Spyglass doesn't work correctly when mounted on Deinonychus.

-In Valg Aberration area, if parachuting down or leaping through with a jumping dino, the ARK vanishes for a second, and you fall out of the air like a stone (or your parachute disappears and you fall like a stone).

I mean, that's just stuff from Valg, the other maps still have plenty.

For the longest time you could use Fertilized Morellatops (Camelsaurus) Eggs to make Thorny Dragon Kibble.  They would not cook down to Morellatops Kibble.  Also, the Cactus Sap tooltip is, "Cut of cactus that giving sap and when it is consumed hydrates your body," which is hot nonsense first off, but CONSUMING Cactus Sap still to this day gives you zero water (since late 2016).  People white-knight and say that it is an intended mechanic that eating it is not supposed to hydrate you, and that you are supposed to punch a cactus to get water, and that is the intended design.  But that's just people covering for the slipshod design.  They just never did the very, very, very, very, very simple dev-kit tweak to an ARK build to add a water value to the Cactus Sap consumable.

It's not like nothing works in ARK.  But it would be nice if the small things got attention.  Meshing and Duping are an impossible to hit moving target:  People will always cheat and do everything and anything they can to gain an advantage.  YouTubers do .ini edits to absolutely wreck graphics in the game, which is a shame because nowadays it actually looks pretty good, but it allows them to ARK: CoD Evolved more effectively.  Memory leaks from Early Access are gone, and the game is pretty beautiful.  But the game is less important than dominating other people.  Like it or not, that mindset will not change, and because that is true, hunting for cheats will not change, duping will not change, and meshing will not change.

But the small things, man.  They would really push ARK beyond being the definitive dinosaur/survival game if they were polished up.

Edited by TheDonn
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Barturo said:

People like you are the worse lol Quit making excuses for these sloppy PC game companies. I'm praying Microsoft an Sony cracks down on poop companies like WC. 

Honestly you are the person(s) that ruin the gameplay experience. Yes the game is buggy and they refuse to fix it but have you seen the competition for a game that released a few years ago it's doing pretty good.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheDonn said:

Dude, there are so many more.  So many more.

-Deinonychus drop unfertilized RAPTOR eggs, like Raptors drop, not un-fert Deinonyc eggs.

-Spyglass doesn't work correctly when mounted on Deinonychus.

-In Valg Aberration area, if parachuting down or leaping through with a jumping dino, the ARK vanishes for a second, and you fall out of the air like a stone (or your parachute disappears and you fall like a stone).

I mean, that's just stuff from Valg, the other maps still have plenty.

For the longest time you could use Fertilized Morellatops (Camelsaurus) Eggs to make Thorny Dragon Kibble.  They would not cook down to Morellatops Kibble.  Also, the Cactus Sap tooltip is, "Cut of cactus that giving sap and when it is consumed hydrates your body," which is hot nonsense first off, but CONSUMING Cactus Sap still to this day gives you zero water (since late 2016).  People white-knight and say that it is an intended mechanic that eating it is not supposed to hydrate you, and that you are supposed to punch a cactus to get water, and that is the intended design.  But that's just people covering for the slipshod design.  They just never did the very, very, very, very, very simple dev-kit tweak to an ARK build to add a water value to the Cactus Sap consumable.

It's not like nothing works in ARK.  But it would be nice if the small things got attention.  Meshing and Duping are an impossible to hit moving target:  People will always cheat and do everything and anything they can to gain an advantage.  YouTubers do .ini edits to absolutely wreck graphics in the game, which is a shame because nowadays it actually looks pretty good, but it allows them to ARK: CoD Evolved more effectively.  Memory leaks from Early Access are gone, and the game is pretty beautiful.  But the game is less important than dominating other people.  Like it or not, that mindset will not change, and because that is true, hunting for cheats will not change, duping will not change, and meshing will not change.

But the small things, man.  They would really push ARK beyond being the definitive dinosaur/survival game if they were polished up.

You do realize the cactus sap isn't a bug and is actually pretty clever right? The act of cutting the cactus is what gives you water, like in real life. People don't cut open cactus' and drink sap there are small pools of water in them. Its not lazy game design, its intended... guarantee that giving the player water by breaking an object was much more difficult to code then simply adding it to a consumable. They wanted to make something interesting and reward people that used logic to survive in a desert. 

 

Not gonna comment on the rest of this topic though, op raises some good points about their production cycle. However just because a game has some decent bugs, it doesn't mean the entire experience is ruined because of it. Ultimately you are the person to decide whether or not to let the bugs get to you and "sour" your soup. Personally ark is one of my favorite games of all time, is it perfect? Far from it. But I don't let its lack of perfection get to me.

Also its perfectly possible to beat the game on singleplayer without cheat codes. If it wasn't how do you think mega tribes do it at all? They just use more players to divvy up the work and complete it faster. 

 

(All this comes from abt 2500 hrs of play, 1200 in official PvP, abt 1000 in PvE, and 300 or so in sp)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Syndan said:

You do realize the cactus sap isn't a bug and is actually pretty clever right? The act of cutting the cactus is what gives you water, like in real life. People don't cut open cactus' and drink sap there are small pools of water in them. Its not lazy game design, its intended... guarantee that giving the player water by breaking an object was much more difficult to code then simply adding it to a consumable. They wanted to make something interesting and reward people that used logic to survive in a desert.

Dude...  No.  They described their intent, coded it wrong, and never corrected it.  How can I be so sure?  The tooltip.  The wording is specific, they don't say "harvested," they say "consumed."  You know, they did the same crap for the first few weeks of Aberration with Aquatic Mushrooms, which didn't actually give water when consumed.  After a few weeks of the first post-Early-Access expansion getting blasted on the forums for having the same slipshod design as Scorched Earth, they did a small tweak and corrected it. 

In terms of coding it, it is absolutely 100% no different.  They just put the water-gain value on the wrong object:  The harvestable Cactus object is a distinct object in the devkit, just like Cactus Sap is, they are just in different folders because one is a physical construct and the other is an inventory item.  But what is the difference in the situation of Cactus Sap on SE, and why they actually fixed Aquatic Mushrooms on Ab?  The difference is that Cactus Sap and Cactii-harvest-water-gain bug is that WildCard was able to say, "good 'nuff!" and leave it as is without changing anything, even the quoted nonsense tooltip, and Aquatic Mushrooms gave the survivor absolutely no benefit on a brand-new paid piece of content.  So it was imperative to make this source of water for the dehydrated early-game survivors to have some sort.

Another thing:  Let's talk about the logic behind the so-called "clever" design.  If you were actually trying to survive in a desert, what part of punching a cactus or hitting a cactus with a goddamn stick or tool would hydrate you... -*UNTIL YOU PUT THE FLESH (OR WHATEVER PART OF THE CACTUS YOU DISTURBED) IN YOUR MOUTH*-??  It's not clever, or realistic, or logical, in any sense of any of the words!

I would like to add...  At no point did I personally say that I hate ARK or have a miserable time playing because of these bugs.  It is just little things like the Cactus Sap bug that go unnoticed, that would push ARK into a firmer position as the genre-defining game we all have put thousands of hours in, and further cement Studio WildCard's position as a trustworthy provider of polished content.  That's all I'm saying.  I don't own ATLAS, and I might not ever, because of what ARK is.  It just creates distrust as a consumer, not seeing little bugs get fixed.  Have I had fun?  You bet.  Would the game be drastically different with more spitshine on the little bugs?  Not drastically, but it would instill more of a commitment to us customers that they want to pass the "good 'nuff!" level of content.

Some of this is purely my opinion, Syndan.  Some is opinion supported with very plain facts.  I hope it reads clearly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, dodogal said:

Valguero is the continuation of everything that is wrong about ARK

If ARK is a soup, Valguero is more water when we crave for more vegetables.

Adding more unfinished bugged content rather than fixing very important core issues... this has been a long standing issue in ARK development cycle, development which has pretty much reached EOL (end of life) judging from the fact bug reports are not even checked anymore, or at the very least I can say the bug tickets I filed were completely ignored despite reporting critical issues in the core gameplay.

  Hide contents

For example, it is nearly impossible to finish the game in single player mode without cheat codes, and totally impossible without searching workarounds for the glitches on google, if you're ever lucky enough to find one (not guaranteed considering the use of cheat codes is widely considered as the only way to play the game).

Now we have a free expansion, cool but it's free so don't expect it to ever feel like a finished map, much like the center and ragnarok. Meanwhile we're still stuck with the old problems.

 

1. Bug fix patches are boring and no matter how many they do nobody is ever satisfied.

2. Wildcard balance patches are a monkey paw/asshole genie. They'll nerf the coolest part of the game into the ground and say It's fixed because nobody ever uses them again. more TLCs however, would be awesome.

3. What can't be done on SP without cheats? And which cheats are you referring to? Are you talking about engram points? Boss difficulty? Getting yourself unstuck? Changing rates from the default?

Edited by devilkingx2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...