Araneo needs some TLC

CHevey0

Suggestion

Araneo needs some TLC

I like the Araneo its lots of fun, easy to tame and is kind of useful but not really. However I think it needs some TLC. 

Its web ability is great and really its only redeeming feature. It would make more sense if it could climb on walls as it is a spider. Perhaps losing stamina if a player is on its back. 

Another suggestion is a "grappling hook style" web attack. It fires a line of web that if it attaches to a wall the Araneo can use that to rappel up and down.  But if it hits a small tame or a player then they could be dragged back to the Areneo. It would be so much fun waiting in ambush up on a ceiling ready to web an enemy player or tame you wish to passive tame. Probably a bit over kill but once you have fired a web line you could attach it to the surface the Araneo is on and have a temporary zip line. Or if you have captured a player or dino you could attach them to a surface and leave them as bait or so you can passive tame the creature. 

5 replies to this server topic

I was disappointed that i couldn't cover a tribe mate in webs which would have been loads of fun but it makes sense so you dont hit them in combat by accident. 

What would be really cool is if you could fire web whilst being carried by a wyv that would be a great way to tame dino's or slow down enemy tames.

15 hours ago, Thyme said:

I agree, the current araneo is usless outside slowing animals, and in the case you'd ever need to do that, there's a dozen better options. It needs some love again

Make sure to hit that up vote if you agree so this good suggestion can get the devs attention.

Adding to suggestions. I was a bit disappointed when I realized the web attack did damage so I think a secondary web attack that only serves to slow down a tame with no damage could make the Araneo a very nice taming companion.

I also agree, it's a spider and should be able to climb. 

I love the grapple hook idea.

Up vote.

yes the spider needs to wall climb it is honestly dumb we give a komodo dragon a climbing ability but not a spider scorpion or any bug for that matter when all of the should technicaly be able to verticaly climb spiders being some of the most versatile. not trying to rant or rage but yes TLC pass 3 should include the spider if and it would be nice to give th escorpion some light too the mantis i understand but like the spider and scorpion naturally did this

Archived