So what happened to Griffins on Valguero?

AndrewLB

22 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Im sorry im not 100% as I havent played the map (console).but ive seen that griffins are supposed to spawn in that big pit

Taken from their official discord from Nekatus:

Saw many of these questions if fire Wyvern and griffins are spawning on Valguero. Griffins got deactivated by WC and fire Wyvern aswell. But fire Wyvern will come back with a update very soon.

But also;

Griffins got deactivated because they are the special Dino from ragnarok. That’s why and I’m fine with that.

4 minutes ago, TheSlayerNL said:

Yet Ragnarok was allowed to have Wyverns despite them being exclusive to Scorched Earth, its just unfair imo.

All SE creatures were exclusive to SE prior to Ragnarok so I’m not sure what your point is?

Valguero is the 4th official map to have Wyverns of some sort spawn on the map.

In terms of exclusivity, SE has the Phoenix, Ragnarok has the Griffin, Aberration has the Basilisk, Reaper, and Rock Drake (currently), and Extinction has its creatures.

I could understand if Ragnarok was behind a paywall but at least it’s free too so when transfers are available, it will no longer be an issue.

It’s a non-issue for unofficials though.

6 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

All SE creatures were exclusive to SE prior to Ragnarok so I’m not sure what your point is?

Valguero is the 4th official map to have Wyverns of some sort spawn on the map.

In terms of exclusivity, SE has the Phoenix, Ragnarok has the Griffin, Aberration has the Basilisk, Reaper, and Rock Drake (currently), and Extinction has its creatures.

I could understand if Ragnarok was behind a paywall but at least it’s free too so when transfers are available, it will no longer be an issue.

It’s a non-issue for unofficials though.

All this

Same as always on here though (not you SaltyMonkey) with people crying about stuff when there's always work arounds, even if you have to wait for transfers to open on official, people on my server whinging about no griffins and not being able to tame quetz's, I just put a wyvern on highest follow then stood on it's back and tranqed one in the air, pot luck where it landed and the reload thing made it a pain in the ass but it worked

1 hour ago, RageQuitter said:

All this

Same as always on here though (not you SaltyMonkey) with people crying about stuff when there's always work arounds, even if you have to wait for transfers to open on official, people on my server whinging about no griffins and not being able to tame quetz's, I just put a wyvern on highest follow then stood on it's back and tranqed one in the air, pot luck where it landed and the reload thing made it a pain in the ass but it worked

To be fair the trailer had a Griffin in it so if that wasn’t the case then people would likely not be up in arms about it, but at the end of the day it was Wildcard’s decision to make the map official so they have the final say unfortunately.

• 5 weeks later...
4 hours ago, XxWolfQueenxX said:

I literally saw like 5 griffins on one unofficial pc server yesterday, so I don’t think they got deactivated?? Near the white cliffs area and the beach...

You can add any dino's unofficially through either .ini edits or mods, there won't be any on official servers or vanilla unofficials/single player

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

WC removed nearly everything that was from Aberation and Extinction as well as from Ragnarok.  However if you play on Xbox and would like to play on a Valguero server with Griffons, Snow Owls, etc join the server called Arkbuilders.  We are planning to add in all missing Aberation dinos as well as bring in many of the Extinction dinos and maybe the SE Phoenix if she plays nice with the fire wyverns.  As well as being the poison wyverns to the swamp and the lightning wyverns to a great area.  Lots to come and we do frequent events so come check us out!

Archived