PVE griefing

OliverHero

PVE griefing

I was doing a trade with a person on a official PVE server and we decided to meet at blue ob and when the person that I trade with unclaimed the dino (Anky) was some starters that sneak up behond us and claimed the Anky and I ask hon to war and then he said ”Im okey babes” then he logged off...

Unfortunately this is not against the TOS. People are getting whole tribes stolen due to some clever button pushing, and greediness of receiving free stuff on their part, and the same people have been doing it since the new servers opened. 

They consider scamming just a way to play the game which is why they don't have rules regulating trades outside of it being in game. 

Sorry this happened. Be sure to check the area for others for future trades. Also get into a Ragnarok beta fight as soon as you can so you can unlock the transmitter and build a safe trade area at your base.

1 minute ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Unfortunately this is not against the TOS. People are getting whole tribes stolen due to some clever button pushing, and greediness of receiving free stuff on their part, and the same people have been doing it since the new servers opened. 

They consider scamming just a way to play the game which is why they don't have rules regulating trades outside of it being in game. 

Sorry this happened. Be sure to check the area for others for future trades. Also get into a Ragnarok beta fight as soon as you can so you can unlock the transmitter and build a safe trade area at your base.

stealing on PVP is fair play, but on PVE we have different rules and causing other players grief is against them. Stealing from another player counts as a player against player action and unless the players in question are actively in a war then it is griefing.

Contact Support they will help you but it sometimes takes time. Also make sure you provide evidence; no evidence = no case 

@complexmindedis this something you could advise on?

3 minutes ago, WilliamMichell said:

stealing on PVP is fair play, but on PVE we have different rules and causing other players grief is against them. Stealing from another player counts as a player against player action and unless the players in question are actively in a war then it is griefing.

Contact Support they will help you but it sometimes takes time. Also make sure you provide evidence; no evidence = no case 

@complexmindedis this something you could advise on?

Pull that up. 

I played PvE a long time and I can think of 1 incidence where someone got scammed and WC intervened. 

Guy got his tribe stolen and WC responded to him but he was able to get his tribe back from the guy who bought it before they actually took any action (3 weeks after his tribe was taken). The only reason they raised an eyebrow is because the guy who stole the tribe tried to sell it back to him for Real Money. Mind you this guy still does this though he's thwarted more often now due to aware people on the server calling him out but he's not banned from the game.

They don't care about scams that and it is not covered in their CoC. They barely regulate what is covered in their CoC. 

Sorry OP.  

Concerning "pve rules" it's dumb.  Scuze me but if you are going to back your PVE rules with all your heart then get a dev behind it.  You don't want to drown sleeping players on pve or steal their unclaimed pets (trading boothes would be nice) or lead titans and wilds to destroy someone's base - then program it in to the PVE.  Stop making a frickn pvp game that gets "allowed" to be a pve game.  

This is what I call pvp taxes.  All pve'rs pay it even if they don't want to.

2 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

Unless you got video of the transaction and the theft, you will have trouble proving anything.

Not necessarily. If the other player involved in the trade files a ticket stating what happened and the two reference each other then he will have supporting evidence. Important thing is to get the ticket in pronto.

On 6/22/2019 at 8:52 AM, SMP said:

Exactly, why should anyone actually take any responsibility for their actions when they can just holler for an authority to fix their screwups?

There was no responsibility, the dude was ambushed on a pvE server where it’s against the rules to rob people in the first place. Woulda coulda shoulda, hindsight’s a b****. But it’s hard to prevent someone from doing this, especially on pve where they can’t do anything to the thief. Not to mention that most people aren’t expecting it to happen so they don’t look for it

Not everyone’s a paranoid lunatic constantly worrying about potentially bad things happening. That’s what made this game’s community the hellhole that it is.

3 hours ago, MackTheKnife said:

There was no responsibility, the dude was ambushed on a pvE server where it’s against the rules to rob people in the first place. Woulda coulda shoulda, hindsight’s a b****. But it’s hard to prevent someone from doing this, especially on pve where they can’t do anything to the thief. Not to mention that most people aren’t expecting it to happen so they don’t look for it

Not everyone’s a paranoid lunatic constantly worrying about potentially bad things happening. That’s what made this game’s community the hellhole that it is.

Ark is no different than life: there are rules meant to keep us safe from people who follow rules, and it's up to us to keep ourselves safe from those who don't.  Folks can stroll along with a false sense of security if they want, but I don't have a lot of sympathy when they get a reality check.

5 hours ago, SMP said:

Ark is no different than life: there are rules meant to keep us safe from people who follow rules, and it's up to us to keep ourselves safe from those who don't.  Folks can stroll along with a false sense of security if they want, but I don't have a lot of sympathy when they get a reality check.

Yeah i definitely have that safety mentality in real life but this is a video game and i’m supposed to enjoy it without worrying about everyone ?

Archived