Egg Collector

Skyboo95

Suggestion

11 replies to this server topic

Dinosaur that auto harvests eggs.

Tame the weird looking vacuum cleaner, i imagine something like the vacuum cleaner on the 90's sit-com Dinosaurs. You set it on wander and it will scurry about collecting any eggs in it's location.  We will need suggestions below on how to stop someone on PVE just dropping one near your tames and collecting your eggs. Of course they should also have a weight issue possibly, where you need to level up their weight to have them collect more eggies. All hail our new egg collecting overlords.

Egg collector (for owner tame fertilised eggs)

I think the game would greatly benefit from an item or tame that can pick up your own dinosaurs fertilised eggs. This is in reference to the hatchery on s+ (which isn’t available to console players) however in the interest of balance whatever item or tame does the collecting shouldn’t incubate the eggs. This means the effort to actually hatch and raise is still required but players can multi-task whilst actually breeding egg laying creatures. It would make sense to make it a high levelling item or a challenging tame that does the collection.

I’m not necessarily suggesting a whole new tame either, perhaps a creature that already collects in one way or another could be utilised to do this as here are several.

5 hours ago, FeyGriffin said:

Eggs are so easy though, even on solo, just get an oviraptor & return to your eggers every 20 mins, sitting there won't get you significantly more eggs than doing this. You just need to understand how laying works.

I understand.

Except the issue is.... checking every 20 minutes severely limits what you can do. Idk about you, but I go out and tame, gather, etc, and these trips regularly take more than 20 minutes, meaning that I get to check on them a few times a day. If I want eggs, I have to find things to do at base and check every 15-25 minutes. Not very fun. At all. For anyone, imo.

Archived