Small Tribes: Sharing North Ice Cave on Center - Is This Teaming?

Zeee

Small Tribes: Sharing North Ice Cave on Center - Is This Teaming?

Can anyone comment or share physical proof of devs or GMs stating that sharing North Ice Cave on TheCenter is not allowed (i.e. it is considered teaming). 

For clarification I am asking if 2 tribes can live in that cave without it being against TOS, so can one tribe live on the side with one artifact and then have a different tribe living on the other side with the other artifact?

A lot of people are saying this is teaming, and I just want to know what the truth is here.

36 minutes ago, ThePryBar said:

No alliances allowed on small tribes, so if they are not at war with each other it's safe to assume that they are allies. Clearly states that in the TOS for small tribes.

They allow people from different tribes to tribe up on a different server for raids so their definition of Alliance is not very clear.

33 minutes ago, ThePryBar said:

No alliances allowed on small tribes, so if they are not at war with each other it's safe to assume that they are allies. Clearly states that in the TOS for small tribes.

Not necessarily, by that logic if you aren't at war with anyone then you are teaming. If they are not interacting with each other in terms of base defense and such then they aren't really allies. 

2 hours ago, Zeee said:

A lot of people are saying this is teaming, and I just want to know what the truth is here.

If you guys are also allowing others to build in the cave if they desired then no its not teaming, because at that point its not exclusive to a group. But if you guys begin raiding others for building in the cave without also attacking eachother then there might be a problem. Tribes don't need to always be at war you're fine.

1 hour ago, Zeee said:

They allow people from different tribes to tribe up on a different server for raids so their definition of Alliance is not very clear.

If you read the rules you will find that helping out with other tribes cross sever raids is against the rules. 

@Logan96 if you are building within render and not attacking each other, then yes that's an informal alliance. Especially if you are sharing the entrance and resources, you can not be helpful to other tribes. One screen shot of these two tribes sharing a cave could easily get them dev wiped.

Personally I wouldn't chance it, but I'm not you so giver.

17 minutes ago, ThePryBar said:

If you read the rules you will find that helping out with other tribes cross sever raids is against the rules. 

@Logan96 if you are building within render and not attacking each other, then yes that's an informal alliance. Especially if you are sharing the entrance and resources, you can not be helpful to other tribes. One screen shot of these two tribes sharing a cave could easily get them dev wiped.

Personally I wouldn't chance it, but I'm not you so giver.

That's such a gray area though. What about all the stone huts next to each other on the beach? They aren't allied, ark small tribes has pvp  as a focus but I wouldn't say its the main focus. If im building on a pvp server and someone builds next to me I probably wont attack them, because I like to roleplay as the defender of the server. I would do the same for any friendly player on the server. You are not REQUIRED to attack someone else just because you see them or their base. 

Then you are playing against the rules, Go read the CoC for small tribes. Role playing as the defender would be cheating on small tribes if you want to do that then go play crossark or regular officials. Small tribes is an all out warring pvp cluster, not a happily skipping down the beach holding hands role playing cluster.

GO READ THE RULES. 

@Logan96

3 minutes ago, ThePryBar said:

Then you are playing against the rules, Go read the CoC for small tribes. Role playing as the defender would be cheating on small tribes if you want to do that then go play crossark or regular officials. Small tribes is an all out warring pvp cluster, not a happily skipping down the beach holding hands cluster.

GO READ THE RULES. 

@Logan96

What im doing isn't what Zeee is doing. My own personal story was to show that the rules are more focused on a case by case scenario and don't/cant apply for everybody the same way, especially with how much freedom a game like ark provides. I'm able to RP as a defender because im not blatantly answering calls for help, but im simply involving myself where I know pvp action is taking place and attacking people that I know would be aggressors to my own base as well. 

In Zeees case picture it like this. You are not a raider, you play pvp because you enjoy the risk of being raided instead, so someone moves in next to you. You do not need to raid them. Now lets say they start putting turrets on the sides of their bases to purposely avoid shooting each other and they begin trading resources or they start sharing dino space. Yes that becomes a problem obviously but its case by case and true violations vary. 

You can tell me to read the rules all you want but I challenge you to quote a section that requires me to be an aggressor. Hell it could even be argued that they don't even have the resources to raid each other and they are stuck in a cold war. 

I do get what you are saying and there is probably no absolute answer here, so I appreciate that you are trying to watch out for them, but I'm arguing that they are not blatantly violating any of the rules. 

All the rules say is "no joint raids" and "no building bases together for mutual defense", the latter of which leaves a lot of gray area as to what that means.

If you ask me, it seems like all they would be doing in this scenario is avoiding picking a fight. Really I don't understand the common PVP mindset that you're obligated to attack everyone you see even when it doesn't benefit you.

I guess it should be asked if either base could be considered to be protecting the other.

22 hours ago, Scheneighnay said:

If you ask me, it seems like all they would be doing in this scenario is avoiding picking a fight. Really I don't understand the common PVP mindset that you're obligated to attack everyone you see even when it doesn't benefit you.

Obligated to attack mindset ain't true. I've  playend on at least 2 small cluster servers where the guys are reasonably freindly, at least to starting tribes. (for me it was always single player tribe). The catch is, as commented, when you want to raid someone and have to wade through the close proximity hostile stuff to get there.

So to answer OP - I guess its teaming - goto probably fight through two tribes worth of stuff to get to raids, and no way around the edge cause the other tribe has hostile stuff there.

Archived