How do you save the game in solo/local play?

Kitalon

I generally leave the game 'suspended' so that I can pick it up and play instantly, but on a couple of occasions I've closed the game down and it hasn't maintained all my progress. So I am wondering how do you force a manual save in solo/local play? Does backing out to the main menu save your progress? How often are the auto-saves?

Cheers,

Kit :)

In the mode you favor there is no auto save, but the game does occasionally save while running. Not exactly sure what the criteria for that is but it is a thing. I know this because I play single player too & sometimes when things would go sideways I would close the game outright before going to menu -thus stoping a save from happening- to sidestep whatever mishap took place. Rarely, but occasionally this would not work & the game would put me back where I was upon reload forcing me to deal with the games reality, lol.

Yes, I see. Thanks for the feedback. Although I haven't used it to #reload, I do make sure I exit properly after doing any major building work. So as soon as I finished building my boat (I'm used to Atlas so need one) I logged out to force a save, so if it crashed before an auto-save I wouldn't lose all my hard work. 

On 6/24/2019 at 6:15 AM, Kitalon said:

And I gather that there is no such thing as auto-save? Granted that this game is usually played live/real-time I suppose.

The game autosaves every 15min.  Youll notice when you afk when you pause and then return that it saves as soon as you unpause.  Youll also notice a slight lag sometimes when it happens.  Theres a blue saving message in your bottom right corner every time, so it shouldnt be hard to tell.  Though ill admit i get so into what im doing i often dont notice it lol

Archived