Spamming Pillars

Bucs505

Spamming Pillars

Jumped onto the new map and everywhere I see pillars from people trying to claim large areas of the map. I checked a few other official servers and some even have the whole small island claimed. this is very frusterating for solo players and small tribes. people place pillars everywhere so other people cant build or even gain access to resources.  large tribes cant just come in and claim the whole map for themselves. It is against the code of conduct for 1. and it pushes new players away from the game. admin needs to address this issue as soon as possible.

Just send a ticket with images and let a gm handle it, i am sure HUGE land claiming wil result to some deletion of the pillars.

This happens with each new map/server players want to have a good piece of land whit out  others blocking their building area. But if you think it is not for that etc etc send a ticket with a lot of screens. 

Reseting of timers will happen probably until they allow server transfers of items and dino’s the most of them will be more active.

8 hours ago, Whitestar333 said:

This is why I stopped played official years ago. We loved our PvE server until the bigger tribes just kited dinos into our base and there were pillars all over the map so we couldn't find new base locations. Sad that this still hasn't been resolved.

some problems dong magically dissapear by leaving, it costs some effor like make a ticket or build higer walls. Kiting dinos in to bases in pve is not allowed aslong there is no tribe war. Some issues could be resolved by reporting but maybe you left before they added that rule. I still find it funny when players say there are pillars all over the map most forgot there are more then two players on servers, and good job checking the whole map for pillars. Send tickets with proof that wil resolve alot of issues instead of giving up and leaving server. (btw no dino can enter a base with kiting with good defence/walls/gates)

I play only official.  But if you cannot stand pillaring you really should look for a decent UNofficial.  Suggest finding one with nearly no mods and no outrageous xp boosts.  Pillaring is part of official.  It is used to keep players from taking hunting grounds, preventing reaching vital nodes like beaver dams, blocking fish lakes for those who raise fish only eating dinos,  and giving a space to build a base in without having a Neighbor come and build a 500 high and 70000 wide base full of big fat pets that will break your graphic card and over heat your PC.   No insult meant; play the game your way and enjoy!

3 hours ago, Bucs505 said:

so im guessing you are one of the ones that spams pillars. please read the code of conduct. you will see it is aginst the rules. you do NOT own the map. its first come first serve. if you cant build on a site. you have no reason or right to simply place a pillar there so somebody else cant build there. 

Nnot rly does not exactly say that in CoC, and he/she is not saying anything about blocking whole map or anything related to that he/she is talking about resource protection and as a pve player i totaly agree with that.:

GM intervention may be necessary if your structure or creature is negatively impacting a server (ie. you block off a large portion of the map so that other members of that server cannot access it).

Open a ticket. I remember when extinction launched one tribe on my server pillared a very big portion of forest. Someone reported, they were wiped.

Pillars are ok to claim a zone near your base, this is what wildcard calls buffer. But apart from that all other kind of pillars can make you getting wiped. I personally understand people that pillars rich resources zones so no one can build there, but still this is not allowed.

On 6/19/2019 at 2:24 PM, Four718 said:

Agreed, and in most cases large areas claimed by tribes that only log onto servers to reset decay timers and log off. And this is all without saying how many dino spawns are blocked. 

On the servers i'm on, people largely pillar just around their base to keep people from building right on their doorstep, on important resources, or they can't block access to their base. What i find annoying is every day there are at least  a dozen new players logging in and instead of asking about the pillars in a respectful manner, they start cursing about all the 'f'ing pillars!!' and repeating their false assumptions that they think this is done to intentionally screw over new players, which is absolute nonsense. Most are overly entitled, expecting to have a pillar-free spawn zone to immediately begin building a thatch palace, without even considering that hundreds of people came before him and had that same idea, to build there. So of course there is no land in the spawn zones. It's packed with bases, where the only reason why one could travel through the area is because of those damn pillars.

And as for blocking spawns, the only reason why anything spawns in the heavily populated areas of maps is due to pillars. Because pillars don't block spawns of dinos, resources, etc.

Last time I ignorantly removed the pillars which prevented players from blocking the two pathways that are the only pathways down into the canyon on ragnarok, some tool-bag built right in the middle of it blocking it from end to end. making my base completely inaccessible by land.

On 6/22/2019 at 12:18 PM, Bucs505 said:

so im guessing you are one of the ones that spams pillars. please read the code of conduct. you will see it is aginst the rules. you do NOT own the map. its first come first serve. if you cant build on a site. you have no reason or right to simply place a pillar there so somebody else cant build there. 

Not true at all. It's against the rules to pillar huge regions of the map just for the sake of pillaring. But there is nothing wrong with pillaring important resources, routes of travel, and so people like you dont build on our doorstep. Just becuase a lake is not have a base on it, does not mean you are automatically entitled to that lake for yourself. It's pillared for very good reason, usually beaver dams.

Archived