Update for the Linux/Mac Client?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, shaolinhammer1 said:

Ok folks, I tried without success...:(

so i think we all have to wait for the ????ing update from wc.

it isn't even worth waiting for honestly, they don't read their forums, the native version on Linux is a joke, they forget to update mac and Linux constantly, they promised vulkan for all platforms in 2017 so the game could run decent. But here we are throwing coins down a well that we will never get a fix for what ails us

> the native version on Linux is a joke

As someone who plays the game  somewhat infrequently and, thus, only tripped over their slacking off the Linux updates a second time, I don't see how the native Linux support is a joke: it works, it runs decent FPS on a rig that was decent 2 years ago and it can communicate with the cross-platform servers most of the time.

That said, however, I'd fuскing like to at least be notified about the delays in the Linux updates in the fuскing patch notes, thank you very much.

Agreed, I can't play on my main new Linux box have to switch over to my old Win7 gaming machine which is very old yet runs the game full blown graphics and looks amazing while my new much more powerful Linux box when it can log in runs at low terrible graphics.

They need to at least be honest and say "hey non-windows folks your update will be in 1 week" or something instead of leaving us hanging.

18 hours ago, gled said:

Asking on Twitter and Reddit would probably get more attention... Especially if we are many doing so... Seems like this is where the devs and the CM are active, not here on those forums... 

Ive tried for the past week or so and no response what so ever... shocker. Im ordering an external ssd and installing windows through bootcamp that way i can play the game i raptoring payed for

Same issue here on both my OS X and Linux computers. Finally found this thread which shows others are still having this issue, so I'm not alone. :) I found other threads, but many of them said the fix was to "just install the Valguero DLC"...which I've obviously already done, and re-done, and still cannot join a friend's server nor the Official Valguero servers. I haven't tried non-Valguero maps, but from what I hear all maps are now broken unless they're running on an older server version (which matches Linux and OS X). ?

Ray?

Not sure how any of that adds up to something...

Not sure of linux/mac users, good luck with that...

On official servers I solo boss's. (All Island boss's even Tek boss, Scorched boss ez pz, Aberration pretty ez, Extinction all 3 titans ez, king titan is only thing i have people bit pretty ez with every one showing up just to get it completed so no problems there...)

Mac and Linux users

First, how about an acknowledgement of the screwing we just got, locked out for over a week. Second how about some compensation, a couple bugs and you throw out a 4x weekend for the PC users meanwhile we were locked out of all the official servers only to come back to a completely wiped base. It’s bad enough you put us in this position, but you don’t even acknowledge the situation. So what’s your solution to making it right for us?  I have one, since this happens far to often and last far too long how about dedicated Mac/Linux servers so we at least have an official server where it will be a level playing field. 

Yea, not only locked out while Winders users get to play but also a worse preforming client. My Linux box is all new high end hardware while my Winders box is all old garbage and it runs Ark at maxed out graphics while my Linux client gets to play at all low end graphics to keep it from lagging out.

AMD Ryzen 1800X 8 core with 1060 should out run a i5 4 core gen 3 with radeon 580 or at least keep pace and not be 100x worse.

On top of that my Linux box is running off on motherboard nvme drive vs. spinning disc on the old Winders.. bad bad programming Wildcard.

NOT buying Genesis until there is some work done on the Linux client.

• 1 month later...

Archived