Update for the Linux/Mac Client?

On 6/23/2019 at 8:37 AM, RedHeadedStepChild said:

Curious if you had the map from when it was a mod or if you got it shiny new as a DLC. My brain likes to troubleshoot.

I didn't have the mod.  I seem to have pulled the DLC/Map _before_ I had the patch.  When I tried to pull the map, Steam started up Ark, instead of showing any download activity.  It later showed up in my library.

I have since played on Valguero for a bit.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, JeffMings said:

I didn't have the mod.  I seem to have pulled the DLC/Map _before_ I had the patch.  When I tried to pull the map, Steam started up Ark, instead of showing any download activity.  It later showed up in my library.

I have since played on Valguero for a bit.

So weird and random. Thought maybe, just maybe, there was something left over from the mod map that let you in. I have tried everything I can think of to get the map to load. It says it's in my library. I've manually uninstalled and reinstalled. I've manually uninstalled all DLCs, then installed Valguero first. I've validated files...nothing. And radio silence again from the devs. I mean they could at least tell us that they are aware of the issue. Has anyone seen any word that they are aware of the issue?

23 minutes ago, RedHeadedStepChild said:

And radio silence again from the devs. I mean they could at least tell us that they are aware of the issue. Has anyone seen any word that they are aware of the issue?

I have tweeted on their Twitter multiple times, I have left a scathing review for Valguero on Steam, and I created a forum post on here as well as commenting on others with the same problem. There has been nothing but silence. Not giving us some kind of explanation is just lazy and childish. We paid for the game, we deserve much more than this idiocy. 

This was hard for me to understand being new to steam. 

I tried forever to find local files. 

I right clicked on ARK and clicked Properties to find Local Files. 

Right click ARK> Properties > Local Files> Browse Local Files

Right Click ShooterGame > Show Package contents > Content > UE4 > ShooterGame >  Contents > Mods > Copy Valgeuro to Desktop

Go back to ShooterGame > Content > Mods paste copied folder into this  

This fixed my ability to play on the new map; however, I still cannot play on Scorched Earth.

• 1 month later...

No update for Macs

So once again a patch comes out for PC and locks the Mac users out of their official servers because apparently we are the second class citizens of Ark,(eve though WC took our money just the same)

So how long do I get locked out this time?  Last time this happened I was locked out long enough to lose all my stuff, Dinos dead, structures decayed so they could be easily raided, I hope this is fixed soon as it is definitely not fair, I paid for the game I should be able to play just like anyone else, if you aren't going to provide equal support to Mac users then refund our money and drop the platform from your game.

3 hours ago, DarkMavrik said:

LOL, if your second class we are probably the garbage haulers, over on Linux we usually have to fix the issues our dam self. Curious what issue are you having? cause I can log on to servers on Linux just fine right now.

How are you seeing servers? I've got Ubuntu 19.04. Ark Client is still 297.36 and no update available through steam while the server I pay to host is updated to 298.3...

1 hour ago, DragonTek said:

This is an ongoing issue for both Linux and Mac users. 

If you don't play on official servers, try using the wine/proton version. From what I understand it runs better, you just can't install Battle Eye.

oh it prefroms amazingly actually, but yeah battle eye is off, but even native is decent if you do some tweaks

Justice for MAC and LINUX

Dunno if its just me but I have not been able to play ark for 3 days now.

Lol if I haven't been raided my Dinos r probably dead by now.

I did some research and found out that WC has not updated the Mac and linux client.

So sad to see that we have also paid for the game but are not even given an update.

If anybody got any extra info on the ETA for the Mac update please share.

On 6/25/2019 at 9:33 PM, RedHeadedStepChild said:

FYI to all - I figured something out:

I post it on the Valguero forum.

Is there any way to do this for every update? Our server updated to version 298.3 and my client is still 297.36. when I cut this folder again and  restart steam should it load the update?

i will try later, but maybe someone has experience with that issue!?

thx

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Update for the Linux/Mac Client?
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic

Archived