Update for the Linux/Mac Client?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here we go again.  When extinction launched Ark was unplayable on any server for 15 days before they fixed it.   I lost tames, structures, and uploaded items.  it took me 2 month to. get and answer to my lost items report only to have to argue with them for another month just to get half of the lost uploaded items returned.   So now once again no servers found, no update available.  I would think WC would. have learned from their mistake last time but nooooooo.  You would think they would no laugh another DLC for PC until it can be updated on all PC platforms not  just Windows.

4 hours ago, Joe419 said:

Wait...

I got the patch too. Can play normal again, but can't actually play Valguero?

Goes back to menu screen when I try to join servers or run any single player mode with Val map.

Is this just me or all Mac users?

It does the same for me. My husband on a PC said his did the same until he downloaded the map from the steam website. I will try that when I get home from work. 

I got the update so at least I can go onto the maps now to maintain my stuff but this new map wont load.  I went to the steam site to download from there and that did nothing.    it says the map is in the library.   I have uninstalled and installed it.  restarted.  and still I get as far as the primal data-bp and then right back to title screen.  anyone figured out how to fix this or its it just more broken wildcard crap of linux/Mac users

4 hours ago, Cenobite2 said:

I got the update so at least I can go onto the maps now to maintain my stuff but this new map wont load.  I went to the steam site to download from there and that did nothing.    it says the map is in the library.   I have uninstalled and installed it.  restarted.  and still I get as far as the primal data-bp and then right back to title screen.  anyone figured out how to fix this or its it just more broken wildcard crap of linux/Mac users

Same exact thing for me. Says it's in my library. Uninstalled and reinstalled Valguero (downloads 1Gb, glad I have some fast internet...), verified files. Nada. Bumps me back to title screen after appearing to try to load something. Even get a flash of character creation screen occasionally before bumping me out to title screen. Same whether I try to load a single player or onto my dedicated server. Tried with and without mods loaded.

11 hours ago, Joe419 said:

Wait...

I got the patch too. Can play normal again, but can't actually play Valguero?

Goes back to menu screen when I try to join servers or run any single player mode with Val map.

Is this just me or all Mac users?

jo, that's an Mac issue...I've the same bug on my MacBook Pro....f***

43 minutes ago, shaolinhammer1 said:

jo, that's an Mac issue...I've the same bug on my MacBook Pro....f***

Same here. I think WC made it to where we can get onto our old servers, but not the new map yet. I wouldn't try transferring any main characters over to Valguero until we get another patch or some news from the devs, just to be safe.  

we pay the same as windows users and we should be ale to play the map at the same time as Windows players.  By the time we are able to play the new map its going to be pillared to hell and back.   glad we can play to old maps at least now but if its a PC launch then it should be for all PC platforms at the same time or they shouldn't release it.

16 hours ago, JeffMings said:

Linux user here - on most of my servers and my personal desktops as well.  Valguero worked fine for me after the patch.  Getting the map, though was... odd.  I'm not entirely sure of what I did to download/install it.

Curious if you had the map from when it was a mod or if you got it shiny new as a DLC. My brain likes to troubleshoot.

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Update for the Linux/Mac Client?
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic

Archived