Deinonychus Latching/Pounce Bug

Deinonychus Latching/Pounce Bug

So I've been playing on Valguero nearly 24/7 since it released and I've noticed what I assume is a bug with the Deinonychus. I'm not sure if it's clientside or an issue on the game's side. When I ride the Deinonychus, I am unable to pounce/latch onto the side of anything at all. My friend spoke to me about how it works, the icon pops up, you just press space with the Deino, and then you latch for as long as your stamina will allow. I don't get an icon to latch, and I have tried basically everything I could think of. Tried in first person, tried in third person, tried looking at the dino from all angles in both third and first. Tried getting on it from first person and looking in first person for the icon. Tried getting on from third person and looking in third person. Vice versa and mixed all together. Tried disabling some third person settings. Tried making lighter weight. Tried jumping and then looking for the icon. Tried not sprinting. Literally everything that came to my mind. Am I doing something wrong or is this a legitimate bug? I could not find anything else about this type of bug, which I am not surprised about it as the DLC just released recently.

Thanks.

I have the exact same problem and I hate it. Me and my friends play on a non dedicated valguero server and they’re all able to pounce as deinonychus but not me. It’s quite an irritating bug that I have no clue how to fix, I also get the issue where if you hold onto a rock, get off then jump normally in the air it launches you back to the surface you most previously latched onto. Wildcard almost never checks for bugs in their releases.

• 3 weeks later...

Being the Host of a non dedicated session makes the Deinonychus useless while everyone else on my little short time server can jump, climb and latch onto things I, as the Host, cant do anything and wont get the prompt to do so. Why on earth did Wildcard break/remove that for Hosts of those sessions? We dont want to have a 24/7 Server we just want to play for a few hours and close the server after...

This bug makes ZERO sense!

I got a similar problem. I can latch onto bigger dinos, but not pounce smaller ones.

On 7/21/2019 at 8:30 AM, Speikobrarote said:

Recorded the issue so its clearly shown... no icon, no climbing.

Seriously I love the Deino and on our cluster its fine but you really cant use it on a non dedicated session :(

Have you tried to just jump, without an icon? Maybe it latches automatically to the bronto.

Tried that and as you can read everyone whos hosting a non dedicated session and is the actual host of said session cannot do it.

As I said we also host a cluster with no issues since we arent the host on those and can climb and jump just fine but this bug is solely for people who host non dedicated sessions.
Youre not supposed to latch onto small dinos the smallest is a Trike or Stego.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...