Blue Gem - Valguero

harkken

I don't know if the trench is a radiation zone or not, been in there in creative and didn't get any icon (other status effects still show in creative) anyway these nodes drop blue and red gems

12639tw.jpg

I haven't seen them anywhere outside of the trench and haven't seen regular blue gem spawns either

Edit: it is radioactive, found 2 entrances to the trench at 37 64 & 52 63 and these are the only areas I've seen these nodes, in the rest of the Ab area I've only found green gems, crystal, metal & gas nodes, hopefully I've missed something and there's some outside the radioactive area

11 hours ago, Darkholis said:

Blue sap can be harvested from trees in the tundra, which are modeled after Extinction ones.

Think that info is from a video of the mod version

Around 12.50 kind of looks like this area but they changed the structures and resources

2vvpf8x.jpg

Same goes for your other post about velonasaurs, not seen any in that area

• 1 month later...

if you find a Lamprey in the trench, let it leech onto you. it will do a little bit of damage but it'll give you radiation protection for 600 seconds which is more than enough to load yourself up with enough blue gems for a hazmat suit! the huge blue/purple crystals actually drop blue AND red! there are also only a few aberrant animals that are naturally radiation immune (spino, off the top of my head), so you may have to go in on foot but there are nodes pretty close. it was safe when I did it. if you carry around auric mushrooms with you they will also decrease the duration of radiation sickness just in case your lamprey wears off before you make it out.

Archived