Can Dienonychus eggs spawn higher than 150?

RipRavage

Deinonychus Level Cap

So, the highest level deinonychus I've been able to find so far are level 145, and since they cant be kibble tamed I assumed they would be like the Wyverns and have a 190 wild level cap.  Anybody find any higher than level 150 or are we going to be stuck with sub 300 base melee stats before mutations, because that would really suck.  Non kibble tames definitely need to at least have that 190 wild level for any decent stats to pop up on them.

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, MimiNuyasaka said:

Can Dienonychus eggs spawn higher than 150?

Similarly to how wyverns and rock drake eggs can spawn higher to make up for the fact they don't get a tame bonus, is the same true for the deinonychus?

No. Wyverns and Drake are spawning higher in the wild, hence why you can find higher eggs. They also spawn higher not because of the taming bonuses, but because they are not breedable for mutations. The taming bonuses are applied to raised babies and considered 100% taming effectiveness.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, PFM said:

It's really stupid if this is true. They need something to account for the lack of a taming bonus existing. 

I edited my post right after posting;

2 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

No. Wyverns and Drake are spawning higher in the wild, hence why you can find higher eggs. They also spawn higher not because of the taming bonuses, but because they are not breedable for mutations. The taming bonuses are applied to raised babies and considered 100% taming effectiveness.

Yeah I agree on the fact they should spawn at least lvl 190 wild, as they cant gain any lvls for additional stats due to the "egg stealing method", its like taming a 150 velona at 0% taming efficiency which would be complete poop. 

With a cap of 150 wild and no bonuses for additional lvls (like for example the +75 on reapers) the highest clean stats we'll see with a somewhat realistic chance will be around 35, which quite franky is dogpoop, makes them more or less worthless except for the fancy looks. 

One could argue "but you can stack muts in melee duh" but we can do that with 150 kibble tamed dinos too that come out lvl 224 and can have 50+ clean stats to start mutating from. 

I'd say a comparable dino would be a velon, as both are sort of meant to be a low hp "nuker" kind of creature, and both are relatively short about 2 day raises;  but if you compare what you'd theoretically reasonably be able to get - namely a velon clean with 50 hp 50 stam 50 melee and a deino with 35 hp, stam, dmg the velon will absolutely annhilate the deino every time (and do its dps role better too arguably). Now if oyu argue just stack muts in the same time you can stack the same amount of muts on the velon too, which would make the gap between the both even bigger. 

And im not saying this si becaus eof the power of the velon, you could argue the same with a carno, and a carno will still end up being the far better creature.

Being able to breed and mutate them isnt worth jacksh** if its impossible ot get any decent starting point that would make it at least remotely worth to do that work.

5 hours ago, Jacira said:

Any dino that can be bred should have a level cap of 150, the same as all other dinos.

Good job done by WC here to prevent them being too OP.

It also means that high-statted Dienos are going to be very lucrative in the trading realm.

Or prettified one. I mean rare colored drakes and other mutated babies are in the craze with decent stats.

6 hours ago, Jacira said:

Any dino that can be bred should have a level cap of 150, the same as all other dinos.

Good job done by WC here to prevent them being too OP.

It also means that high-statted Dienos are going to be very lucrative in the trading realm.

You do realize that all other breedable dinos get a taming bonus that puts their max levels at around 220 after kibble taming, I think you are really misunderstanding the point everybody is trying to make.  Deinonychus are basically just raptors with a climbing ability and a really weak bleed, that is no excuse for them to start a good 70 levels shorter than a kibble tamed raptor or alllosaurus(Which can also cause bleed).  The only reason Wyverns are blocked from breeding is their monsterous elemental attacks, and the deinonychus is no where near a wyverns level of danger or usefulness.

7 hours ago, Vaculity said:

Nope. 150 wild level cap like other dino. You want higher? Breed them once you get a pair of decent babies.

Im well aware of how breeding works, the point being is the highest melee you are going to find on a 150 is going to be between 240 and 270 if you are extremely lucky.  There is literally no point wasting your time breeding for mutations on anything lower than 300 percent melee and even that is pushing it.

2 hours ago, RipRavage said:

You do realize that all other breedable dinos get a taming bonus that puts their max levels at around 220 after kibble taming, I think you are really misunderstanding the point everybody is trying to make.  Deinonychus are basically just raptors with a climbing ability and a really weak bleed, that is no excuse for them to start a good 70 levels shorter than a kibble tamed raptor or alllosaurus(Which can also cause bleed).  The only reason Wyverns are blocked from breeding is their monsterous elemental attacks, and the deinonychus is no where near a wyverns level of danger or usefulness.

I'm well aware of how the game works and I don't misunderstand anything, people are mad because they don't get the taming bonus, that doesn't need elaborating on. But what also doesn't need elaborating on is why Wild Card decided to go this route. Your comment that there is "no good excuse" for them not to have it is so entitled. They don't need to provide you or anyone with a reason why they chose to go that route, let alone a good reason. 

All I'm doing is offering an optimistic point of view that it is not such a big deal.

Despite how logical it sounds, I'm not sure where you got your information about Wyvern breeding being blocked because of their elemental attacks. However since you seem so educated on the subject, can you also explain why crabs, basilisks and drakes also cannot be bred?

3 minutes ago, Jacira said:

I'm well aware of how the game works and I don't misunderstand anything, people are mad because they don't get the taming bonus, that doesn't need elaborating on. But what also doesn't need elaborating on is why Wild Card decided to go this route. Your comment that there is "no good excuse" for them not to have it is so entitled. They don't need to provide you or anyone with a reason why they chose to go that route, let alone a good reason. 

All I'm doing is offering an optimistic point of view that it is not such a big deal.

Despite how logical it sounds, I'm not sure where you got your information about Wyvern breeding being blocked because of their elemental attacks. However since you seem so educated on the subject, can you also explain why crabs, basilisks and drakes also cannot be bred?

I highly doubt it is intentional, it is most likely an oversight, just like how Gasbags didn't have a kibble on extinction for over a week.  Everybody wasted their time, myself included, did an eight hour berry tame for a garbage taming percentage Gasbag with useless stats, all because somebody forgot they needed to have a kibble.  Low and behold one patch later gasbags have a kibble and everybody wasted their time on all the earlier tames.  Gachas switched taming preferences three or four times after launch, remember when they had snow owl pellets as a favorite?  I highly doubt is was intended for these new dinos to have such a huge level penalty, just like I doubted everything was correct with half of the tames when extinction launched.  I swear I love the "Its a feature, not a bug or oversight" crowd on here.

And Crabs cant be bred because of their bullet resistance and high HP, Drakes because they are a climber with double the health and versatility of thycaleos not to mention they have the ability to let you use weapons off their back, and basilisks have super high topor attacks, giant HP pools and a energy attack(like wyverns).  None of those sound anything like a raptor that is squishier than a megalania(which can climb) and hits weaker than a allosaurus(which can cause bleed that actually slows you down).  The only smaller creatures that can't breed are bugs, and they were intended to be breedable, lazy devs just chose never to get around to it.

13 hours ago, YellowJacket said:

Yeah I agree on the fact they should spawn at least lvl 190 wild, as they cant gain any lvls for additional stats due to the "egg stealing method", its like taming a 150 velona at 0% taming efficiency which would be complete poop. 

With a cap of 150 wild and no bonuses for additional lvls (like for example the +75 on reapers) the highest clean stats we'll see with a somewhat realistic chance will be around 35, which quite franky is dogpoop, makes them more or less worthless except for the fancy looks. 

One could argue "but you can stack muts in melee duh" but we can do that with 150 kibble tamed dinos too that come out lvl 224 and can have 50+ clean stats to start mutating from. 

I'd say a comparable dino would be a velon, as both are sort of meant to be a low hp "nuker" kind of creature, and both are relatively short about 2 day raises;  but if you compare what you'd theoretically reasonably be able to get - namely a velon clean with 50 hp 50 stam 50 melee and a deino with 35 hp, stam, dmg the velon will absolutely annhilate the deino every time (and do its dps role better too arguably). Now if oyu argue just stack muts in the same time you can stack the same amount of muts on the velon too, which would make the gap between the both even bigger. 

And im not saying this si becaus eof the power of the velon, you could argue the same with a carno, and a carno will still end up being the far better creature.

Being able to breed and mutate them isnt worth jacksh** if its impossible ot get any decent starting point that would make it at least remotely worth to do that work.

You stated it perfectly, kudos.  I find it funny that the people who are arguing against this point probably simply dont care because they will just wait until some psychopaths in a zerg on official will breed for a three months to get a Deinonychus with 300 melee and then they will trade for them.  They dont care about people that actually have to put in the work doing the breeding on their own stats such as unnoficial or single players.

10 hours ago, RipRavage said:

I highly doubt it is intentional, it is most likely an oversight, just like how Gasbags didn't have a kibble on extinction for over a week.  Everybody wasted their time, myself included, did an eight hour berry tame for a garbage taming percentage Gasbag with useless stats, all because somebody forgot they needed to have a kibble.  Low and behold one patch later gasbags have a kibble and everybody wasted their time on all the earlier tames.  Gachas switched taming preferences three or four times after launch, remember when they had snow owl pellets as a favorite?  I highly doubt is was intended for these new dinos to have such a huge level penalty, just like I doubted everything was correct with half of the tames when extinction launched.  I swear I love the "Its a feature, not a bug or oversight" crowd on here.

And Crabs cant be bred because of their bullet resistance and high HP, Drakes because they are a climber with double the health and versatility of thycaleos not to mention they have the ability to let you use weapons off their back, and basilisks have super high topor attacks, giant HP pools and a energy attack(like wyverns).  None of those sound anything like a raptor that is squishier than a megalania(which can climb) and hits weaker than a allosaurus(which can cause bleed that actually slows you down).  The only smaller creatures that can't breed are bugs, and they were intended to be breedable, lazy devs just chose never to get around to it.

Good points and well constructed argument.

Kudos.

Oh a thing to add by the way, I just found out when i wa slooking a bit at the stats of some Deino babys; their HP uses the wrong value, if you hatch one right now it will have exactly the stats a raptor will have at the same points (means you can asb them as raptor and they will extract perfectly fine, and you can calc stats by hand too if you know all the stat gains and get the same results)

- which is "funny" because the HP, according to the stat card on the wiki is supposed to be higher than the hp stat of a raptor, but when trying to calculate the points from the numbers on the wiki (350 at 0 points, plus 70 per point and an additive bonus for a tamed creature of 0.07) , you will be unable to properly calculate the stat value, but if you use the numbers for a raptor (200 at 0 points, 40 per point, 0.07 additive (rounded to 0.1 in game)) you can calculate the hp stat perfectly and get an actual possible point number, plus teh speed stat will be fine too in that case, which even more speaks for that. -

I assume this is just some raptorup because they meant to copy all the other stats from raptors and give them the higher health as on the wiki (just for comparison 30 points health now would be 1680.1, while with the stats listed on wiki it would be 2450.1) but forgot to actually change it to the higher health, so the deinos right now are essentially equal to a lvl 100 kibble tamed raptor, stat wise.

• 2 weeks later...

I really think that Deinonychus should spawn as level 190 eggs, like wyverns and rock drakes. It's just ridiculous how weak Deinonychus are, especially for an egg-stealing variant. With kibble, I could tame a raptor 150 + 74levels so level 224, within maybe an hour. Deinonychus take almost 2-3 hours to hatch and the maximum is level 150. And the raptor is pretty much the same, maybe a bit less damage and mobility but still. 

Wildcard SHOULd change this.

Archived