Need a little help understanding why I can't find the nodes

Arkalotapuss

Might help to know the map that you are playing on and also a better description of the location. (Cords don't really help out of game, at least for me) Anyways it could maybe be a fence foundation or something small that's built nearby preventing the nodes from spawning, or maybe someone else got to them before you? Good Luck 

1 hour ago, Logan96 said:

Might help to know the map that you are playing on and also a better description of the location. (Cords don't really help out of game, at least for me) Anyways it could maybe be a fence foundation or something small that's built nearby preventing the nodes from spawning, or maybe someone else got to them before you? Good Luck 

Thanks for the reply I managed to post a picture of where I'm talking about. It's my own server with 2 others and I'm the only one at that spot. The Island is the map I'm on. Thanks again

Screenshot_20190618-113406_Chrome_20190618143332634.jpg

Sorry for the late response. Have you messed around with any specific settings on your server? Also Have you ever visited this spot for resources before? Im thinking its one of three things, either your respawn intervals are increased, you're off on a similar mountain (I personally always get two similar mountains mixed up over there and one of the two has absolutely no metal) or your own structures may be too close to the node location. You Should be able to tweak a setting on your server though to allow resources to respawn right next to your structures and you can also set the respawn time super low to test these theories. That is if you haven't figured it out in the time it took me to get back to you! ?

The metal nodes are right on the top of the hill, there's heavy trees and vegetation so it's hard to spot from the air, there's some rich nodes there and is one of the best sources early game as you'll not see much around there apart from the odd dilo or raptor

this is what it's like with a lot of the trees cut down

5546mb.jpg

7 hours ago, Logan96 said:

Sorry for the late response. Have you messed around with any specific settings on your server? Also Have you ever visited this spot for resources before? Im thinking its one of three things, either your respawn intervals are increased, you're off on a similar mountain (I personally always get two similar mountains mixed up over there and one of the two has absolutely no metal) or your own structures may be too close to the node location. You Should be able to tweak a setting on your server though to allow resources to respawn right next to your structures and you can also set the respawn time super low to test these theories. That is if you haven't figured it out in the time it took me to get back to you! ?

No worries Logan. I checked out the settings on my server and tweaked them a little. Not sure if I'm in the rite place cause Rage Quitter posted a pic and that's not where I'm at so back to the drawing  board for me. I'll post a few pictures tonight after work. Thanks again 

2 hours ago, RageQuitter said:

The metal nodes are right on the top of the hill, there's heavy trees and vegetation so it's hard to spot from the air, there's some rich nodes there and is one of the best sources early game as you'll not see much around there apart from the odd dilo or raptor

this is what it's like with a lot of the trees cut down

5546mb.jpg

Hey RageQuitter thanks for the reply it is very much  appreciated. That is not where I'm at. I'm going to take a few pictures of where I'm at after work today in Hope's of figuring it out appreciate the time you put in. I will post later tonight

13 minutes ago, Arkalotapuss said:

Hey RageQuitter thanks for the reply it is very much  appreciated. That is not where I'm at. I'm going to take a few pictures of where I'm at after work today in Hope's of figuring it out appreciate the time you put in. I will post later tonight

That is the right place, I'd just got rid of all the trees so you could see the metal spawns, it's more of a hill than a mountain and the metal is right at the top

n5j9tf.jpg

22 hours ago, RageQuitter said:

That is the right place, I'd just got rid of all the trees so you could see the metal spawns, it's more of a hill than a mountain and the metal is right at the top

n5j9tf.jpg

The map is where I am and the other pic is what it looks like, I have been up on top of that and theres nothing harvestable up there even though the wiki harvest node map indicates theres lots up there. Thanks for the coordinates it seems like the nodes are the next island moving inland. I'm going to strip down (in game ?) and run over there and see if that's the case. Thanks RageQuitter for all your help. 

20190619_202910.jpg

20190619_221252.jpg

Arkalotapuss generally speaking, for metal deposits on the island go for mountains that are high in elevation. If you are down by the water you usually wont find any metal. Also where you are at you should be able to see a floating island out in the ocean. If you make a raft and head out there I think there are also some metal deposits on the backside of that island close to the water :) 

1 hour ago, Logan96 said:

Arkalotapuss generally speaking, for metal deposits on the island go for mountains that are high in elevation. If you are down by the water you usually wont find any metal. Also where you are at you should be able to see a floating island out in the ocean. If you make a raft and head out there I think there are also some metal deposits on the backside of that island close to the water :) 

Thanks Logan for the info I'll keep that in mine. Cheers 

Archived