outgoing reliable buffer overflow".

outgoing reliable buffer overflow".

Hi all,  I have a non dedicated server, and lately I had a lot of problems with the eror " outgoing reliable buffer overflow". At first I could easily get around by restarting the server. Now is not letting me in. Other people can join my server. But not me. Any advice? I didnt install any new mods.

25 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Do you learn all the engrams or carry lots of stuff on your character or in the cloud? Both these things make your character file bigger causing this error.

yes, I have the ini file modified with  a learn all engrams  line.  but now I removed that line, restarted the server, but still getting same error.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wildcard. What the literal poop. You barely fix any of the issues people have. 

Fix this, I'm tired of my friends being completely unable to join my non dedicated for no particular raptoring reason. It's ridiculous the amound of issues I've faced with this game considering it is now A SIX. YEAR. OLD. GAME. HOW IS THIS NOT FIXED? unknown.png     F I X    I T.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

The total amount of items in your inventory, total amount of free skins (even if "give default items" is disabled) and total amount of engrams learned affect this issue.  Imagine that each engram is a physical item.  The more you have, the more inventory room it consumes.  Unfortunately, there is a max limit which you can exceed and you see this error.

So, if you want to xfer items to maps, I would recommend taking a mindwipe tonic and do not re-learn any engrams until your move has completed.

If you still get a buffer overflow with a full inventory (test with inexpensive items first), then reduce the amount you carry by a couple of rows until you find the magical number of items you can carry safely from map to map.

LHammonds

• 6 months later...

I just got this notice when trying to join a new server. I have no items in my inventory to upload. Could this really be about my graphics settings? Or is there something else going on?

Update, I reset the game settings to default. It seems to have fixed it. I still adjusted a few things like sky and foilage settings and was able to join the server. Next to see if my other server now works right.

It just literally started happening to me again today, @#$@ I can't believe this is still a thing.  If it takes an extra 10 seconds to load in so that the bottlenecked data can get where it needs to be, then so be it, but do something. I'm tired of getting locked out of the game because of this bug/issue until I can have a tribe member come in and remove some stuff from my inventory so I can log in.

#frustrated

A quick google for "unreal game engine outgoing reliable buffer overflow" suggests it's not specifically an Ark problem, but something that has to be taken into consideration for multiplayer games using Unreal.

Reducing the server's tick rate might help, as that would reduce the amount of network traffic between the clients and server...

Try asking the server host to use this setting in their Engine.ini
[/script/onlinesubsystemutils.ipnetdriver]
NetServerMaxTickRate=15

There's an old post discussing tick rates here...
https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/10/490125737481577387/

Archived