Beginners Ark: Switch Survival Guides

Kitalon

Starting off in Ark is fun, exciting and scary all at the same time. Everything is new and you won't know how to do much until you learn about it (unless you've played it before). I'm new to the game and have been reading up and watching what I can to get up to speed and came across a couple of YouTubers worthy of mentioning so thought that I'd share it with the community:

Ark: Switch Survival Guide

A brilliant series on how to do just anything in Ark on your favourite portable console.

And:

Ark Survival Evolved - Nintendo Switch - Season 1 by BenZ

This more low-key approach to the game is more about having fun and introducing the different dinosaurs. BenZ is still currently creating content on YT (at time of writing) so give him a look, quick sub and a few thumbs up to encourage him for his efforts.

Phlinger Foo also does great stuff. He has a series called soloing the Ark where he does just that, as well as beginners guides & dino discussions. As far as kibble goes pay attention more to season 4 because it has the old kibble chart that the Switch actually uses still. The Kibble chart was reworked/simplified for other consoles not long ago to cut down on all the different tames needed to have a productive egg farm. Unfortunately for Switch, if you want the kibble for preferred food for high level tames & breeding high level imprinted baby dinos, huge egg farms are still a thing (even solo)

Marverick if you don't have anything constructive to say please just shut up, stop spamming, go away and stop being such a hateful troll matey!

@Mossenstein Many thanks for the heads-up and letting me know that it's on the old kibble system (although I don't even know the new system). I will have to research into that some more and will check out season 4 as you say. Will check out Phlinger Foo too. Thank you for the advice brother , appreciated! :) ?

I guess with games like ARK/ATLAS there are various ways to do the same thing, there's so much to discover and try out. At least it's good to see that some YouTubers are actively producing content for this game on Switch, that in itself is really encouraging (and proves it's far from a dead game as some try to claim). 

I've not seen much in the way of taming traps/techniques yet, but I watched BenZ show how to hang off the back of a Huge Bird with a grappling hook then suspended in the air shoot a Therizinosaurus. That made me laugh so much. I just put down 3 billboards, encouraged one in and then put the 4th one up to cage it in (a trick someone taught me in Atlas).

Gotcha.jpg

22 hours ago, Mossenstein said:

If you are coming from atlas you may be missing ships,

That is true, the shipbuilding and sailing in Atlas is an awesome element to this type of game, I really do miss my ships. Thanks for the vids I'll check them out, I'm just about to start boat-building next, a portable base/dino trap makes so much sense.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/18/2019 at 7:01 AM, Kitalon said:

Starting off in Ark is fun, exciting and scary all at the same time. Everything is new and you won't know how to do much until you learn about it (unless you've played it before). I'm new to the game and have been reading up and watching what I can to get up to speed and came across a couple of YouTubers worthy of mentioning so thought that I'd share it with the community:

A brilliant series on how to do just anything in Ark on your favourite portable console.

?

On 6/18/2019 at 7:01 AM, Kitalon said:

On 6/19/2019 at 6:01 AM, Kitalon said:

Marverick if you don't have anything constructive to say please just shut up, stop spamming, go away and stop being such a hateful troll matey!

@Mossenstein Many thanks for the heads-up and letting me know that it's on the old kibble system (although I don't even know the new system). I will have to research into that some more and will check out season 4 as you say. Will check out Phlinger Foo too. Thank you for the advice brother , appreciated! :) ?

Yea, I just found out about the switch still using old kibble system. I just started experimenting with the cooking pot. It confused  me when I looked up kibble recipes and they were using the new kibble chart.

Archived