can't download dino after moving servers

Ozzyr1

can't download dino after moving servers

Hi, we are trying to move our cluster from a 3rd party host to my server, I am running Ark Server Manager version 1.0.345.1.

I have taken a copy of the save file from the current provider and installed it in ASM.  When in the new game all the structures, characters and dinos are all good. I can upload and download items and characters to other maps. I can upload dinos but can't download them.  I can see them in the creatures list on screen but it will not download.

If I create a new character or move to a new map where my character hasn't been I can download the already uploaded dinos. If I then upload them again I still can't download them as before. creating new characters is out of the question as we have about 20 players and all the engrams and imprints will be lost. 

Has anyone come across this before and how to fix it??

1. Are the dinos compatible with the map?  For example, you can't download a rex to Aberration, and you wouldn't be able to download a modded dino to a vanilla map.
2. Have you set PreventDownloadDinos=False
3. I've seen a similar problem with Ice Wyverns on the new Valguero release.  They can be uploaded and cryopoded - but can't then be extracted.

On 7/2/2019 at 7:21 PM, Ozzyr1 said:

HI, Lakefield I was on the Island and the dino was a dodo.

Random thoughts:-

1. Check that you have PreventDownloadDinos=False
2. Check that you have correctly set the cluster directory and cluster id to be the same across all your maps
3. Check that the cluster directory exists, and that a file is created in there when you upload a dino
4. If the server is on Linux, then check that the cluster directory has appropriate permissions (I host on Windows, so can't help here)
5. An unlikely long shot: but check that you have port-forwarded the numbers you specify and note that the game port number actually needs two ports to be forwarded.  Each map needs 4 port numbers: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Dedicated_Server_Setup

• 1 month later...

Archived