Dungeons are too hard

Lokvanji

Dungeons are too hard

So i wanted to play dungeons and it is too hard. I had to reset to my backup save because i lost my items. I was full chitin and metal weapons had additional health packs, food and water. So first threat was a poopload of titanboas (they knocked me out very fast even though i had fortitude 18.2) and second was a poopload of dodos (like 50 per wave, 3 waves). And that was a medium dungeon i am level 47.

@Lokvanji a few points to yours. 18.2 isn’t a high fortitude. Chitin is not very good armor and basic metal weapons are insufficient, especially at primitive quality. You cannot even complete all the caves at your level to get the gear needed to beat a dungeon. They are game BOSSES. Bosses are supposed to be the HARDEST part of the game, and at your level you can’t even complete the hardest, bossless cave. 

Work to get to the end game before you complain about content not designed for your level of progress. The rest of us need some new challenges, especially on brutal servers. 

• 3 weeks later...

I read something about low lvl players and I’m lvl 100 and it’s still too hard to beat, I have riot everything, fabricated everything and I still can’t even survive marshy hollows key room, I didn’t even get to kill 2 things, I only killed the juggernaut iguanodon and that was it, a bary came up on me then finished me off, and I looked online and I saw that you couldn’t use god console in dungeons either, your telling me I cannot use god console in dungeons just to get some tek, that is just strange, people buy the god console because they want to ya know, play ark as a sandbox but disabling them in dungeons so players are unable to get tek, that’s just wrong

On 6/18/2019 at 4:05 AM, JB1980 said:

Please don’t do this....

They said it would be hard! That’s the challenge!

Just level up! You are quite low level! First do all caves and grow up!

And the quote above this text, I’m lvl 100 and I still can’t beat any dungeons

1 hour ago, Lakikaze44 said:

I read something about low lvl players and I’m lvl 100 and it’s still too hard to beat, I have riot everything, fabricated everything and I still can’t even survive marshy hollows key room, I didn’t even get to kill 2 things, I only killed the juggernaut iguanodon and that was it, a bary came up on me then finished me off, and I looked online and I saw that you couldn’t use god console in dungeons either, your telling me I cannot use god console in dungeons just to get some tek, that is just strange, people buy the god console because they want to ya know, play ark as a sandbox but disabling them in dungeons so players are unable to get tek, that’s just wrong

You can use bolas on some mobs to kill them. I do agree that we should be able to use god console. I mean, it’s just single player. Just us. No one else, unlike multiplayer. It’s not giving us an advantage over anyone else... They could do that, but I guess it would be *too much work* for them to do. They haven’t even fixed the invulnerability bug yet and it’s been, what, almost 4 weeks? They’re either slow AF (which isn’t the case since they’re adding content every week) or they’re just incompetent devs. 

3 minutes ago, BlueberryJackal said:

Are you telling us, that dungeons are hard... ON FOOT?!

Lets be honest what did you expect? Get yourself a Direwolf or a Saber, and most of them are going to be much easier.

And try to get better loot. Find an Alpha Raptor and hope for a green or better crossbow.

We’re talking about dungeons, not the caves...

2 hours ago, Lakikaze44 said:

58 minutes ago, Arkmobile123 said:

You can use bolas on some mobs to kill them. I do agree that we should be able to use god console. I mean, it’s just single player. Just us. No one else, unlike multiplayer. It’s not giving us an advantage over anyone else... They could do that, but I guess it would be *too much work* for them to do. They haven’t even fixed the invulnerability bug yet and it’s been, what, almost 4 weeks? They’re either slow AF (which isn’t the case since they’re adding content every week) or they’re just incompetent devs. 

@Lakikaze44 sounds like you need to run some caves for blueprints to get better gear and learn the actual fighting mechanics of the game, referencing the bola mechanics mentioned. You seem to have been too dependent on the console and missed some basic game mechanics. 

@Arkmobile123 if they do allow console in them, they’ll have to allow it in caves also, and you can’t put something in single player and not in private servers. Private servers pay more for the same content. 

58 minutes ago, BlueberryJackal said:

Are you telling us, that dungeons are hard... ON FOOT?!

Lets be honest what did you expect? Get yourself a Direwolf or a Saber, and most of them are going to be much easier.

And try to get better loot. Find an Alpha Raptor and hope for a green or better crossbow.

@BlueberryJackal dude, you should probably read content and stay up to date before commenting... or don’t troll, whichever of the two it turns out to be. 

6 minutes ago, nintendogamer7 said:

@Lakikaze44 sounds like you need to run some caves for blueprints to get better gear and learn the actual fighting mechanics of the game, referencing the bola mechanics mentioned. You seem to have been too dependent on the console and missed some basic game mechanics. 

@Arkmobile123 if they do allow console in them, they’ll have to allow it in caves also, and you can’t put something in single player and not in private servers. Private servers pay more for the same content. 

@BlueberryJackal dude, you should probably read content and stay up to date before commenting... or don’t troll, whichever of the two it turns out to be. 

Actually I’ve made it up to lvl 86 without the console because I didn’t have it then and I do understand the bola tactic works but by the time I finish using the final bola, one of them is just gonna escape while I dip them with showers of bullets and rockets 

1 hour ago, Lakikaze44 said:

Actually I’ve made it up to lvl 86 without the console because I didn’t have it then and I do understand the bola tactic works but by the time I finish using the final bola, one of them is just gonna escape while I dip them with showers of bullets and rockets 

I see, well how many times have you run each of the caves? How good is your gear?

All of the rooms have their tricks. The barys have a very low aggro radius, so running into a corner before they spawn in makes it much easier. The bolas actually last pretty long... you’re complaining and saying it won’t work before even exploring the actual tactics that are used for this dungeon. The spino is hard to avoid so you just gotta get away from the minions and go at it hard with a good sword. 

I don’t use bolas, and I play on a brutal server. I’m not complaining about facing 4 level 900s at once for 4 rounds. I put in a lot of time doing caves to get the best possible blueprints for gear to use in the dungeons. The only complaints I can stand behind involving difficulty of the dungeons is that the rewards are not worth the level of difficulty posed or the gear required to get them.

15 hours ago, nintendogamer7 said:

I’d be fine by me. There’s no reason not to. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2019 at 3:18 PM, Arkmobile123 said:

You are literally the only person I’ve met who actually agrees that god console should be available in dungeons and honestly, I don’t think it’s that hard to remove the god console restriction on dungeons and other stuff, but again I don’t know.

On 7/20/2019 at 5:14 PM, Lakikaze44 said:

You are literally the only person I’ve met who actually agrees that god console should be available in dungeons and honestly, I don’t think it’s that hard to remove the god console restriction on dungeons and other stuff, but again I don’t know.

How can he literally be the only person when I agreed with him above? Lol. Many server owners want this to come back or at least be how it was before they made changes. Dungeons are impossible for some players, otherwise, namely handicapped players who may not be able to use the deft skills required for completion with not the most smooth or dexterous game input controls. 

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Alligator60000 said:

I agree that they should nerf the dungeons. They are ridiculously hard. I am at the max level and have metal guns and weapons and I get absolutely destroyed.

What quality metal weapons? They aren’t too hard... I’ve only had like trouble with one out of all of them (not counting glitches or anything.

EDIT: I play on a brutal server, just to set the context

11 hours ago, nintendogamer7 said:

What quality metal weapons? They aren’t too hard... I’ve only had like trouble with one out of all of them (not counting glitches or anything.

EDIT: I play on a brutal server, just to set the context

They are only primitive weapons. I can’t find any better quality ones. I still think it shouldn’t be that hard, though.

3 hours ago, Alligator60000 said:

They are only primitive weapons. I can’t find any better quality ones. I still think it shouldn’t be that hard, though.

Well, they are endgame and you haven’t even completed all of the caves obviously... so maybe try finishing earlier parts of the game before running straight to the end and complaining it’s too hard when you haven’t even prepared properly. 

• 5 months later...

yup i'm level 92 and I struggle with the dungeons with my stats being much higher. when they say "what's your gear like" i'm using around 3800 armor with around 1200 durability (good stuff) with a sword that has 603 damage, a 172 shotgun, i bring about 50 potent med brews, 50 stims, basically i'm trying to paint  picture that it took me MONTHS to accrue. i've had a SERIOUS group of allies to help keep me unraided as I gathered best of the best gear to take there (just to die 66% of the time, happily!). they are pretty difficult, but I like the difficulty tbh. get's my heart RACING :), I also normally run the dungeon WITH an over powered ally.. long story short; it's your gear. it's not good enough, you've got a lot more grinding to get adequate "dungeon" level gear. 

The dungeons aren‘t that hard. Be prepared and have the right strategy. Gear isn‘t the point, the right stats of your character are the point. Be fast, faster than the fastest creature, then nothing can get you. Hit and run, and you can go naked through certain dungeon. I go with my Tek-Armor only around 2400 armor, durability is poor to very poor because there is no high Tek-Armor at the moment. I can run certain dungeons completely naked without being harmed at all.

Take a look at my channel, there are playlists, for the bosses, the dungeon runs (the fastest way in and out), the mob rooms. For each dungeon I have probably the best strategy (to fight without being harmed if possible).

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN-CDtqPnqc63S3e74SuGPA

@XaosRes I hate to point out that you are only playing them on single player, so there are some frustrations you never have to run into if you don’t want to do so. Your full Tek armor rivals that of mine with a journeyman helmet on a brutal server. I can’t remember if you are on hard or medium, but I know dungeons on medium are a freaking breeze even with only decent gear and stats. I encourage you to try one on brutal. I will provide everything you need for the run on my server, if you please. 

For me and my buddy, it was all about running the dungeon as fast as possible while looting everything. We would race and post times left. Which can mean that unless hit and run is absolutely necessary (looking at arthros) good armor and a fast, strong weapon are key to beating certain rooms quickly, especially since amber ads don’t work most of the time (if we spent for additional runs). Hit and run on creatures with 15k+ health in 4 rounds of 4 can take much longer than picking a corner and spamming sword.

I just became tired of wasting so much time and energy for crappy rewards. Single player awards twice the element for 0 risk. And yet soloing on Brutal server awards only 10 element. 

If we had better input controls, I would have a much harder time saying anything about this aspect of dungeons. 

I know very well, that certain dungeons on brutal could be very difficult near to impossible if you can‘t hit and run, so I played also every dungeon completely naked (only for the challenge). I completed every dungeon in which the creatures couldn‘t get me, the one‘s with infights are only doable when the creatures aren‘t strong or when they are slow and they couldn‘t hit me stepping backwards.

If the gear (flak) and weapons are twice better as on medium, and your character is only speed and melee based (like mine), it could be very very difficult but it must be doable, but I agree with you in the point, that I wouldn‘t waste tons of healing potions, arrows or stimulants only to get nothing.

Your choice to play brutal is the challenge. I know you a little now, you‘re person which will be perfect, always the biggest challenge, never giving up and so on...

However I like to play to have fun, a little pastime not more. As I was younger, I suppose I was like you, no challenge was hard enough. Now I‘m too old for that.

Perhaps I will delete a save slot and make a brutal singleplayer slot and play one single dungeon with flak-armor from blueprints from the caves to have a look on how you feel in a dungeon.

Archived