Ark mobile dungeons

LordOblivion99

Ark mobile dungeons

Hooray, big ARK update. It's awesome, but the dungeons... it's just the first released dungeon and it's too hard to do in single player (even on the easiest difficulty level). Lost everything I had in my single player run (my best armor, best weapons, lots of brews and ammo, etc.) in two attempts. Don't wanna imagine the difficulty in the next one. It gets me the feeling that I'll never be able to get the TEK. There should be a little bit easier, or at least get to there with a tame. In PC and console ARK you can go with a lot of tames to the fight with the bosses and to do the TEK cave, so why put it so difficult here in mobile?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard isn't the correct word to describe it's difficulty. It's a massacre. I went to the dungeon with full ascendant armor and weapons and in the first threat room the titanoboas destroyed me. The worst thing about it is that the loot ain't worth the loss of all my gear and weapons. Didn’t even found a TEK blueprint. That's the other thing. You can't get the TEK by ways other than going through the dungeons? That's crazy. Hard to imagine someone doing that on brutal. It's ok when playing multiplayer but for solo players like me it's like hell. Even the swamp cave or the snow cave feel like a kids playground compared to the dungeons.

I was thinking the same thing, but if you check stats some of those apprentice bps aren’t too bad. We actually got one that’s better than our best ascendant gauntlet bp from running caves. I haven’t compared the rest yet, but brief glance was that some were decent.

Personally, I’d love it if there was some standardization in the bp stats. Like an ascendant will always be at least X damage or armor and so on. Gotta love getting an ascendant weapon with 60 damage.

I enjoy the difficulty, so it is not too hard. I play on a brutal server, if that means anything. 

My biggest issues (besides the falling thru the floor bug and the lava room issues) concern the loot. Seeing as you need to use ascendant loot gained from tributing artifacts to defeat a dungeon, the loot obtained from within should be comparable. Too many chests give consumable rewards that most players already bring in with them. Rex skull and fireworks flare gun skins shouldn’t be part of the loot table, seeing as they can easily be obtained outside of dungeons (this is very frustrating coming from blue or green chests).

Higher level chests should have a chance to produce eery element, otherwise dungeons are geared too much towards being amber sinks, which makes them out as pay to win content, seeing as all tek items will require the element to run/use/repair said items. Upon defeating the boss, more element should be awarded than 10... that is somewhat insulting seeing the time to clear all the chests and the difficulty of the boss; additionally, I think there should also be a reward besides the trophy for defeating the boss, whether it be increased eery element or a chance at another tek blueprint. 

For something harder to complete than the swamp cave, the chests should give better loot than the swamp cave’s single loot crate. I think every chest above red should have a chance for the tek blueprints or higher quality items. Unless the difficulty of the dungeon determines the quality of items. But if medium = apprentice gear, then hard = journeyman, and brutal = mastercraft. 

I guess knowing how loot tables are structured might be a start before changes/tweaks are made. 

@KodahWomble I agree with the standardization you mentioned for stats. Especially when you get an ascendant with low stats and high materials requirements. 

idk how but I was able to beat the dungeons on the first day they were released (a.k.a when they were “bugged”) but after they come back after maintenance that’s when I discover all the bugs, for instance after I beat the room with the dilos i still have the “slowed down” effect. Including that several chests are shown to still be unopened even if I re-log into the server to secure a good connection. And idk if this is a bug (this needs to be said) but I died by running over a dead body in a wall trap. If that’s what the maintenance was for i’d go back to the way it was when it was first released.  

My invulnerability hasn’t been working for days, maybe a week?  I just restarted a new SP character so I haven’t tried a dungeon yet. I think it happened when they fixed the dungeons in the last update? In the meantime, I’m finding creative ways around it with fly and time manipulation with some success. And lots of alternative mini bases around the map lol.

On 6/18/2019 at 6:59 AM, LordOblivion99 said:

Ark mobile dungeons

Hooray, big ARK update. It's awesome, but the dungeons... it's just the first released dungeon and it's too hard to do in single player (even on the easiest difficulty level). Lost everything I had in my single player run (my best armor, best weapons, lots of brews and ammo, etc.) in two attempts. Don't wanna imagine the difficulty in the next one. It gets me the feeling that I'll never be able to get the TEK. There should be a little bit easier, or at least get to there with a tame. In PC and console ARK you can go with a lot of tames to the fight with the bosses and to do the TEK cave, so why put it so difficult here in mobile?

I totally agree with you fellow single player. It’s just too crazy! I think that the only way to complete it is with friends, because otherwise it’s impossible. I play single player, and I haven’t even gotten past threat two! AND I HAVE GOD CONSOLE!!!!!! Yeah, it’s a pain.

I hope they fix it. Good luck!

On 6/30/2019 at 5:36 PM, LightBender said:

My invulnerability hasn’t been working for days, maybe a week?  I just restarted a new SP character so I haven’t tried a dungeon yet. I think it happened when they fixed the dungeons in the last update? In the meantime, I’m finding creative ways around it with fly and time manipulation with some success. And lots of alternative mini bases around the map lol.

YEAH THAT TOO!!!!!! Now i’m Scared to even set foot in the swamp. I nearly even lost a level 200 fully imprinted Rex to a couple of terror birds, and she has nearly 1000 percent damage! And a few thousand health! I am hoping that they fix it, as it’s driving me to the brink of a mental breakdown!

I hope that they fix this!

On 6/18/2019 at 12:10 PM, JB1980 said:

And that’s exactly what they intended....

Oh so they intended for mobile players to lose all their stuff and have small chance to get TEK, yeah if that was true they wouldn’t have even bothered with the update unless they are becoming like Pixonic, a pay to win/play company

1 hour ago, Lakikaze44 said:

Oh so they intended for mobile players to lose all their stuff and have small chance to get TEK, yeah if that was true they wouldn’t have even bothered with the update unless they are becoming like Pixonic, a pay to win/play company

@Lakikaze44

They don’t make you lose that stuff... that’s a basic mechanic of ARK everywhere. On Mobile, they actually added in the casual setting so players could keep their gear and bps upon death, a feature not built in to vanilla ARK. One huge quality ARK is known for is high amounts of death trying to survive and figure things out... that’s the basis of the survival genre in gaming. It’s in the title, ARK: Survival Evolved. It’s like complaining that HALO: Combat Evolved was a combat oriented FPS when it came out.

Or that Subnautica occurs mostly underwater.

They intended for it to be difficult and endgame content. In most games when you don’t prepare properly or aren’t good enough, you die and lose things or have to start over. Success is defined by failure. Otherwise, it’s not a game. It’s just a movie. You chose to play the game that way when given alternate options, and you can’t blame someone else for your choices and the consequences that follow them. 

On 7/1/2019 at 9:53 PM, Megalosaurus said:

YEAH THAT TOO!!!!!! Now i’m Scared to even set foot in the swamp. I nearly even lost a level 200 fully imprinted Rex to a couple of terror birds, and she has nearly 1000 percent damage! And a few thousand health! I am hoping that they fix it, as it’s driving me to the brink of a mental breakdown!

I hope that they fix this!

It’s not technically cheating but in a single Player you can exit. Manage save data. Save your game. Then reload the save anytime you die in the dungeon. Die by a wall trap? Reload your last save. Die by the boss? Reload your last save, bulk up and try again. It’s a built in feature to reload and try again on single player. 

It is harder to unwind a creature death when you haven’t saved in a while though. I understand.

• 3 weeks later...

LoL if you say you can’t get past it with SP, you just didn’t try hard enough.

I’m solo-ing dungeons everyday in my hard difficulty SP and got some goods out of them, like free 50-100 black pearls per run or free premium items (2-3 per run). And fyi, i’ve just started playing this SP for more than 2 weeks.

Just build your base on top of the volcano, farm metal like crazy, get yourself at least 2 set of good stats flak, a good sword/pike (both is best), a good crossbow/compound bow, and a raptoring good pump shotgun (for medium-hard difficultly i meant). Then there come foods, 3x canteen for the long dungeons without water, 1 stack of cooked meat is enough. The rest you need will be enduro stews, focal chilies and if you really need them, medical brews. Ah, and manage yout weight wisely ;) 

Keep in mind that the time limit won’t run out that fast, so take your time, learn the dungeons, try to kite and kill the threats with as less dmg as possible.

Being able to do the dungeons depends on the skill levels of the players and the stats too. For example, a person with badly distributed stats would struggle in the dungeon, but a person with a 400% melee stat would demolish the titanaboas with an asc pike, and having speed is important too, at least 180, and 250 stamina. A decent pike, pump, and compound bow, and journeyman flak, a few med brews, and 1 stack or 2 of cooked meat is all I need for the dungeons.

On 7/31/2019 at 2:46 PM, Darkdoug67 said:

I can't access the dungeons for some reason, I've went to all of the obelsiks and all it says is available dungeons but it won't load anything, does anyone have any ideas??

Ah, you must be level 40 or higher to enter a dungeon, and you should see an access key  at the obelisk when u open it.

• 3 weeks later...

This dungeon and last weeks were hell easy with asc compound bow, 2 asc riot gear the rest primitive, med brews, and stims. The Cubozoa Multis was so easy! I play on sp, have gc, and play on medium difficulty. Before gc, i played on an easy difficulty game and had the same problem tho, so it shows you how well they scaled it for easy difficulty.

Archived