Valguero Aberration Trench But No Drakes? What?

EatMyDust

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

honestly the current team is not the old team and releasing ragnarok was a really bad move made at a time when they were trying to do anything to dredge up hype for the game between the expansions they promised us.  They realized this and since they can't shove the genie back in the bottle without most of you having rage seizures and dieing, they probably decided to not make the same mistakes going forward.  That's how i see it at least, i'm not an ark dev.

also why are you guys even complaining that one free map got something another free map didn't, it's not like each map is a different team fighting for dominance or something, if you want all the dinos on one map there is a mod for that.

• Volunteer Moderator

We paid for a free DLC, period. We should receive every creatures for free as well. Yet, we should also receive all the upcoming paid extensions. We didn't pay nothing for a map that doesn't contain every creatures. Such a scam... let's all request a refund.

17 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

We paid for a free DLC, period. We should receive every creatures for free as well. Yet, we should also receive all the upcoming paid extensions. We didn't pay nothing for a map that doesn't contain every creatures. Such a scam... let's all request a refund.

Are you copy pasting this to each post complaining about not having Rock Drakes?

Also you have some issues with your grammar and some double negatives in there. "We didn't pay nothing..." implies we paid something.

As a forum moderator I feel you should be a little bit above this type of post but I don't know the guidelines you are supposed to be following.

It comes across a little sarcastic maybe?

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, WilliamMichell said:

Are you copy pasting this to each post complaining about not having Rock Drakes?

Nope, I simply merged two threads discussing the same together.

2 minutes ago, WilliamMichell said:

Also you have some issues with your grammar and some double negatives in there. "We didn't pay nothing..." implies we paid something.

As a forum moderator I feel you should be a little bit above this type of post but I don't know the guidelines you are supposed to be following.

It comes across a little sarcastic maybe?

It obviously was sarcasm. ?

1 minute ago, invincibleqc said:

Nope, I simply merged two threads discussing the same together.

It obviously was sarcasm. ?

My bad, makes sense now. I just happened to read the other one first then whilst reading this one your post came up and came across a little edgy. (Possibly because it looked like a copy paste response).

I will back you up however in this regards as I have bought the Season Pass and feel that if Rock Drakes were available on a Free DLC it would cheapen my Season Pass. Doesn't mean I am not disappointing that the Rock Drakes aren't in the new map though and as such I will not likely be playing it much, its beautiful but doesn't offer me an incentive to move away from my Ragnarok home base.

The server I cluster I play on is Permanent Rag, with rotating the other maps although the admin are talking about adding a 2nd permanent which was almost this new map but will now likely be Aberration instead.

12 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Yeah. I am conflicted. It would be nice to have drakes on the new map, but it would be good to keep Aberration relevant . 

This is personally where I am on the matter for TWO big reason. I play mostly duo with a friend on a server (partially because we have different life schedules and partially because we want the experience of limiting hibernation and stasis a bit). This map having Rock Drakes would GREATLY reduce the monthly cost of playing the game for us. Running so many servers just to have access to all the dino's because you DON"T want to play with loads of people clumping up servers is just a smack in the face on a customer service perspective. Secondly its disappointing to advertise a product off a mod and then butcher the work of the mod dev, why have an AB section to begin with if you are removing the main reason for the area? Placing crabs and ravagers at other spawn points would be just as easy. There isn't enough individually AB creatures present after the cuts to justify the size and scope of the AB area, to me it feels hallow and undeveloped.

Now on an more MMO perspective from Wildcards side I like that they want to keep ALL their past content relative for those that wish to play official and keep people moving about the maps trying to achieve individual things. This shows they want to keep the product developing and not just "here is whats new and everything else no longer matters just this new thing. Sorry, not sorry, that you spent all that time there because it provides you nothing meaningful any more."

So in conclusion, I'm disappointed with the way they are handling the free map and seemingly advertising it as more than it is. It's not a bridge of 3 maps. It's a very selective hodgepodge that will only likely replace Rag on cluster servers that include SE for unofficial and not be used at all for clusters that don't currently have SE as this doesn't provide enough NEW content to be relevant to spend the money, time, and maintenance to add another server to the cluster. Finally, I'm glad the Mod Dev's are going to do a work around that will void the previous sentence slightly by adding BACK in the originally intended goal of the AB trench on the map. AB will always be PARTIALLY relevant because of the ascension available on that map alone. Leaving Reapers and Basilisk there would also be a FAIR incentive to return multiple times to the map (considering the over powered nature of reapers)(yes, I know a well bred rex or bred giga's can surpass them in damage out put but they fail to have any utility past: I'm tanky and I hit hard).

Long story short, poor handling by Wildcard in terms of advertising the map (after all the major reason most were playing the mod was the extensive amount of available dinos on one map) and the Mod Dev is fixing the one problem most are having with an available mod. Handling and acknowledging your WHOLE customer base is key. A way to turn on Rock Drakes Nest and other missing dino's from the change of mod to official for unofficial servers would be an incredible acknowledgement by Wildcard that they understand the desires of their community as a whole. Keeping AB relevant for official but not entirely necessary for small clusters or single players playing via a private server over a large one.  

P.S. with Cryopods being available on every map now they only reason for EX is dino's in the long run anyways already. So it's ALREADY worse off then AB in that context because you don't have to fight the bosses for any long term purpose that vanity. 

I always thought some of the Aberration creatures were regular Ark creatures mutated by the radiation on Aberration. (Reaper Kings are mutated Rexes, Ravagers are mutated Hyeanodons, etc etc) So I assumed that, because the Deion and the Rock Drake look similar, and have similar climbing abilities, that a rock drake was a mutated deion, so that's why it isn't on the map.

On 6/18/2019 at 2:42 AM, AngrySaltire said:

Was actually glad to hear that there wouldnt be drakes on the map. It means there is still a reason to play on Aberration other than just for the mapp and progression, and that Valuego doesnt cheapen Aberration the way Ragnarok did to Scorched.

Aberration still has Reapers so adding Drakes would still give Abb something unique and cool.

Doesn't Valguero also have Griffins? Doesn't that mean Ragnarok is irrelevant now as Val has Ice Wyverns and Griffins?

I think it'd make sense to have Rock Drakes for all of the reasons people have mentioned and then remove Griffins from Valguero to keep them unique to Ragnarok. Adding wyverns back won't do any more harm than Ragnarok already did to scorched (by the way, Scorched still has Phoenix).

3 hours ago, TravisMichael said:

I always thought some of the Aberration creatures were regular Ark creatures mutated by the radiation on Aberration. (Reaper Kings are mutated Rexes, Ravagers are mutated Hyeanodons, etc etc) So I assumed that, because the Deion and the Rock Drake look similar, and have similar climbing abilities, that a rock drake was a mutated deion, so that's why it isn't on the map.

Not at all. Nameless, rock drakes and reapers are mentioned in the explorer notes before the ark was crippled and almost destroyed. They have always been in their current form even when AB was a pristine stable ark. 

51 minutes ago, Whitestar333 said:

Aberration still has Reapers so adding Drakes would still give Abb something unique and cool.

Doesn't Valguero also have Griffins? Doesn't that mean Ragnarok is irrelevant now as Val has Ice Wyverns and Griffins?

I think it'd make sense to have Rock Drakes for all of the reasons people have mentioned and then remove Griffins from Valguero to keep them unique to Ragnarok. Adding wyverns back won't do any more harm than Ragnarok already did to scorched (by the way, Scorched still has Phoenix).

As I have not experienced Valguero yet (am a console player) I am unsure on the creatures found on the map. Apparently Valguero does have griffins. It also has ice wyverns and fire wyverns but not lightning and poison, so it doesnt make Rag irrelevant. 

On 6/18/2019 at 6:44 AM, EatMyDust said:

Thanks, I was going based off of the official statements in the Twitch stream earlier today. Really disappointing to see the others aren't being added either. I appreciate the link, it was a good read.

For those who didn't read it:

-No poison/lightning wyvern

-No Gasbags/Manas

-No Reapers/Basilisks/Rock Drakes

-Not really any of the SE creatures except for custom golems (ice and chalk) and Ice Worms

Sad.

moths are on the map but they don't really do that much soooo yeah

On 6/18/2019 at 6:50 PM, AutisticLizard21 said:

Hold up there aren’t any poison/lightning wyverns? You gave rag them and why give valg a Wyvern cave/trech and only give it fire wyverns? I don’t understand.

there's ice wyverns too and to me it makes a lot of sense just because if it did then rag would die within 1 or 2 weeks

There's 0 point to the abb zone if there's no good parts that abb had like the blue zone basi reapers and drakes, I loved to play abb but I can't on official anymore because I need to build in the mesh or get an alliance which seems really poop to me since I have to arselick some megas to even access the content I bought, having drakes will bring meaning to the abb zone and then I can transfer the drakes to help me get a reapers In a few days on abb, also completely off topic, are there owls on there because I haven't seen any despite the wiki saying they are there

1 hour ago, Jakemorrison said:

There's 0 point to the abb zone if there's no good parts that abb had like the blue zone basi reapers and drakes, I loved to play abb but I can't on official anymore because I need to build in the mesh or get an alliance which seems really poop to me since I have to arselick some megas to even access the content I bought, having drakes will bring meaning to the abb zone and then I can transfer the drakes to help me get a reapers In a few days on abb, also completely off topic, are there owls on there because I haven't seen any despite the wiki saying they are there

Haven't seen any owls yet. Same for velos which people claimed would be on the map.

What is it with wyverns they get the special treatment they are now on three maps what about rock drakes i know its free and DLC is expensive plus exclusive stuff is nice but what about people that can't get it all it would be cool if wild card would reconsider the idea just think about it in a update to add them with nameless im just saying for those who can't get it all but would like to enjoy it  

On 6/18/2019 at 1:09 PM, Cymas said:

They probably realized it was a mistake after Ragnarok's release because now no one plays SE, literally the only reason to be on that map is for the phoenix. Having all of the high end mounts from the other expansions would totally kill them the same way. I think it's a fair compromise; you get some of the cool stuff, but you still have to actually go to the other maps for the "signature" tames. The map was probably too far along in development to change the existing features without a major overhaul once they picked it up, though.

Does no one realize that you can literally cheat a dinosaur in. You don’t need the dlc. (I’m single player). Works on both console and pc. How I know. Well pc I own nothing but the free dlc and the three maps it comes with. No se, ab, or ex. As long as the codes are in the game you can spawntame them. Works for console too

There is so much butt kissing here. Anyone that isnt annoyed by the penny pinching they showed by not adding these creatures in probably works for WC and recieved another company email telling them to defend this obviously intentional F-YOU to their community. Why didnt they just add it as a payed DLC? I would have paid 15-20 bucks to have Valguero be actually fun. Might as well play rag. At least I can get a Wyvern. Wildcard be likeoh-jeez-were-so-sorry.jpg

Archived