Valguero Aberration Trench But No Drakes? What?

EatMyDust

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I finally made it down to the radiation zone, and idc if theres no rock drakes but why even add the trench? I went down there 6 different times to loot those drops etc. Got dog poop nothing from drops when I spent like 3 hours going back and forth trying to get stuff. Best thing I got was a master craft rock drake saddle that I can't even use because theres no rock drakes. No wonder this sever is dying so bad. What's the point? No drakes, the drops are complete dog poop, I get better stuff from the cave of wonders and it takes nothing to get there. It took a lot of effort to get into the radiation zone and for what? For nothing at all. If they don't make the drops better or add the drakes or atleast something to make the rock drake trench worth it these servers will die on their own. I'm already considering deleting the game because I only re downloaded it to play the new map and the new map is poop. An entire map of remade crap and stuff you can get on other maps, Val is pointless and a waste of time. Wc spent all that time and money to make that map for it to just flop? Rofl ik y'all can do better. Better hurry up before the new Conan update comes out or ark will die bit by bit. And what kinda pisses me off is that y'all added it to the single player mode when the ppl that play online are what make the game? Why put it none official severs but not add it to the servers the ppl Actually play on? I can bet more ppl play online then offline so DILO kind of crap is that to give it to them and not the ppl who actually make the game what it is and contribute to the activity of the game? Really wish I could get my money back for this trash game. When ark first came out I loved it more then any other survival game but now its poop, I really hope the new dlc is good because y'all keep flopping. Val sucks, so laggy and glitchy on top of everything else to. Conan exiles will steal so many ppl from you come December.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/18/2019 at 12:42 AM, AngrySaltire said:

Was actually glad to hear that there wouldnt be drakes on the map. It means there is still a reason to play on Aberration other than just for the mapp and progression, and that Valuego doesnt cheapen Aberration the way Ragnarok did to Scorched.

i agree but the issue there is that some clusters dont feature scorched or abb and so the only way to get thoes dinos is to have either rag for the scorched dinos and or an admin shop/ entire area in a map within said cluster that features said  abb dinos. what the devs should ahve done is add 2 checkboxes one for abb and one for SE allowing for the spawn of thoes map creatures but they didnt so what can you do?

3 hours ago, AcyanidePancake said:

i agree but the issue there is that some clusters dont feature scorched or abb and so the only way to get thoes dinos is to have either rag for the scorched dinos and or an admin shop/ entire area in a map within said cluster that features said  abb dinos. what the devs should ahve done is add 2 checkboxes one for abb and one for SE allowing for the spawn of thoes map creatures but they didnt so what can you do?

Bit of a catch 22 really I guess. I have had a little bit of change of heart since that statement, even before our cluster dropped Ab, mainly because the radiation zone seems, well a bit pointless really apart from mininig a few Ab resources and grabbing the artifact. At the very least the artifact should have been in a cave. Heck the zone feels a bit too small as it is, never mind sticking drake nests in there too. Pity there isnt an option to allow clusters to host the Aberration extension mod for console. Am actually tempted to ask our server admin to allow Reaper queen spawns. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just started playing this game a month ago and was looking on how to get a rock drake on YouTube. And come to this and find out that they have removed them? That seems pretty lame to everyone. They shouldv used the rock drakes to hype getting the Reaper. I will NOT be spending money just because of the simple fact they removed it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/18/2019 at 2:09 PM, Cymas said:

They probably realized it was a mistake after Ragnarok's release because now no one plays SE, literally the only reason to be on that map is for the phoenix. Having all of the high end mounts from the other expansions would totally kill them the same way. I think it's a fair compromise; you get some of the cool stuff, but you still have to actually go to the other maps for the "signature" tames. The map was probably too far along in development to change the existing features without a major overhaul once they picked it up, though.

I agree it give the players that dont have the money for se or ab n ext to get a taste of want they will expat when they get the money for the dlcs so im glad they toke out the light n poison wyvs n the gasbags n the manas n the nameless n repers n the snake so ty for doing that 

• 3 months later...

The people making comments like, "Why should you get free stuff", and "it would ruin other maps if this ones good". You're a bunch of idiots for one. You do **NOT** need to ruin another creators maps (If you don't think it at least partially ruined who cares. most people do.) to make money just because you cant keep up with demand and desire and keep people entertained. Yes it is free and I have paid for every DLC thus far so saying you're entitled or something stupid like that holds no logic. I don't think just because something is free (ONLY FREE BECAUSE ITS USER MADE) it should be stripped in attempts to make it WORSE than the non free competition. If you want to make more money how about fixing the 1 million plus glitches, bugs, and other things that potentially ruin the game for people. Oh but wait, cant charge for a patch can you. Ark Devs/Marketing are the entitled people I see. I wouldn't doubt their mission statement being something along the lines of.. "Charge for everything, Pay for nothing" seeing as their game is only surviving on a large scale from it's user created content.

• 5 months later...

To be all Honest I have the Disc Ark:Survival Evolved on Ps4 and I spent an hour exploring the valguero map which BTW is a free map so was Aberration the only maps that need to be purchased are Scorched Earth,Genesis Part 1. Anyways my point of this rant is that I spent an hour plus exploring the Abberation trench and there were NO DINOS OR CRRATURES of any kind except the Karkinos that all I seen. Abberation was out out there specifically so you could get the new cool creatures like Roll Rats, Ravager, and Rock Drakes. So on PS4 there is no DLC that you have to pay for to get the Abberatiom Trench but Abberation is known for there Rock Drake's and it is quite disappointed that you can not find them in the Abberation trench even just a few. So understand where each on of you are coming from and the points you make but in all reality...why create the trench if you only gonna have crabs and trilobite's spawn.

^^

Aberration is a paid DLC, not a free one.

And the reason why you have to buy one of their DLCs to get the DLC-exclusive dinos really isn't hard to understand. It's because they don't want to give you their work for free when they are reliant on an income. 

If you love Aberration and the Aberration dinos so much, just buy the expansion. If you play on a cluster that doesn't host it, play on a different cluster.

• 8 months later...

Aberration is a MAP , not just a CREATURE WAREHOUSE and so is valguero. But to have a complete map , is to make full use of its model , and thus rockdrakes should have been in valguero. Ab would still have been relevant - how? rockwell, METAL, the surface mechanics, nameles/reaper even if reapers were removed cus yea there arent any regions where reapers are meant to spawn but if there are , then add reaper/nameless and replacing the tons of spiders/titanoboas with a few basilisks + titanoboas and a few spiders would have been gold. To anyone who didnt want drakes on val cus u thought ab would become useless, u need a doctor. Also a lot of the aberrant dinos are on ab and it has some really cool lookin and great base locations + op surface drops , so it STILL would have been an AMAZING map. Just hope that WC wont butcher another map from its mod version though, cause now its too late to fix what has already been done (and yeah im late ikr xd) so atleast WC should have learned by now to not commit that mistake again <3 (PS : Phoenix for SE , Rockdrake/reaper for ab ? nah , rockwell for ab + aberrant creatures. + surface mechanism + great map + metal. done.ez.) 

On 2/14/2020 at 1:04 PM, Unworldlycomet said:

I agree it give the players that dont have the money for se or ab n ext to get a taste of want they will expat when they get the money for the dlcs so im glad they toke out the light n poison wyvs n the gasbags n the manas n the nameless n repers n the snake so ty for doing that 

the game is paid no.1. No.2 those wyvs are in rag. No.3 Reapers, nameless and rock drakes wouldnt have made the dlcs a waste, as people who just play the game wanna go to the other maps and do stuff with the players on other maps who either build there cus its great, like it, go for the metal like ab , go for surface loot drops, or just wanna chill out without flyers, or who play pvp and go build there in ratholes ! That is why ppl buy dlcs, not for creatures cus u can trade up creatures ezpz. PERIOD.

• 4 months later...

If WC decides to butcher another mod map (Fjördur? 😭 ) I think they should do two official versions of it...
1. That is butchered and doesn't give players all the dinos
2. One that has everything, but in order to play it you need the correct DLC's for Dinos

This way they don't have to worry about people getting DLC dinos "for free". And I think it'd be easily executable, although a bit confusing for the players. But rather this than half-assed maps.

Archived