Valguero Aberration Trench But No Drakes? What?

EatMyDust

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There would be no reason to play Abe anymore.

No one would explore the red zone because you could just go and steal eggs in the new free DLC map. 

Abe would only be played for the metal farming and that would be horrible. Abe should stay something special with very special dinos. 

The abe area in Valguero has all the abe dinos without the 2 biggest ones, why can't some people be happy with it? I only use abe doedis and ankys because of the glow in the dark effect and now you have the same high lvl spawns as in Ragna.

You can't have everything, it's a big map with a lot of building areas, many zones and higher base lvl dinos (same as Ragna).

Just try to be happy, instead of wanting more, more and more. :D

I like how people pretend that aberration is this massively popular map. On PS4 PVE, there are never more than 1-3 people on any of them. Occasionally the bump to 8-9 people if they are running a Rockwell fight. 

I don’t see the value proposition of moving to valguero yet. We have bases on island, rag, ab, SE, and extinction. Rag is so unplayable it’s just a render and log out base at this point. SE we tame Phoenix. Ab we farm metal. Island we are rendering only at this point to maintain the base. I can’t see us adding another map into the rotation realistically because keeping up with them all currently is a challenge. Valguero sounded neat, but definitely on the fence. 

Does Valguero have OSD’s or veins?  With all the missing dinos, that’s the one thing that might pull us over to try the new map. We love running drops. 

11 minutes ago, flamron said:

I like how people pretend that aberration is this massively popular map. On PS4 PVE, there are never more than 1-3 people on any of them. Occasionally the bump to 8-9 people if they are running a Rockwell fight. 

I don’t see the value proposition of moving to valguero yet. We have bases on island, rag, ab, SE, and extinction. Rag is so unplayable it’s just a render and log out base at this point. SE we tame Phoenix. Ab we farm metal. Island we are rendering only at this point to maintain the base. I can’t see us adding another map into the rotation realistically because keeping up with them all currently is a challenge. Valguero sounded neat, but definitely on the fence. 

Does Valguero have OSD’s or veins?  With all the missing dinos, that’s the one thing that might pull us over to try the new map. We love running drops. 

If your just using in game numbers to tell how many ppl are online this is false information you need to use battlemetrics to see who's online or not valuers is the smoothest running map I've played 

2 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

If your just using in game numbers to tell how many ppl are online this is false information you need to use battlemetrics to see who's online or not valuers is the smoothest running map I've played 

Battlemetrics don’t exist for ps4 though do they?  But my favorites list has 2 ab servers listed and they are consistently 1-3 people. It’s a fairly good basis and looking at all of the ab servers doesn’t see much variance. Maybe they all fill up when I’m sleeping though. But my alt time zone friends would disagree. 

I just don't understand why you guys don't want to bother farming eggs on Abe? 

Because the red zone is a horrible place? Yes, that makes the eggs worth it and abe has lower levels which also makes the eggs rarer. You guys want the ALL IN ONE package ''Give us rock drakes, give us all wyverns and reapers all on the same map because the MODDED MAP also had it''.

It was a modded map with ext dinos/abe dinos and everything else on one map with higher levels....

Don't you guys see anything wrong with that? 

• 4 weeks later...

I was pretty hyped about the valgouro map, because i thought it would have every creature and it would be an epic single player experince. Plus i had to wait about an extra 3 weeks before it was released to play the ps4 version. But when i played it i started a fresh character and poured at least 20 hours into it until i found out some idiot thinks its cool to remove lightning wyverns and rock drakes just cuz their scared somone will use the free map just because their scared ppl wont play other maps or will use it to get free creatures in paid dlcs. Idrc about the poisen wyverns or griffens cuz their kinda trash lol but itd still be nice to have just to have more creatures in the map. And if wildcard is worried about somone not using it to get creatures from dlcs u have to pay for they are morons cuz they made the game where u can use admin commands and spawn anything u want including titans from extinction. And lots of ppl reply saying its free u should b happy with it no i am not happy with it cuz i would happily spend the extra money just to get these dinos added to complete the map. Also i dont see what the point is of having an abberation trench if u cant get rock drakes because that is the only good thing aberration has. Its the coolest map so far and a great game just lame that it doesnt have the creatures i was excited to get from it. Really disapointed and hope that somone with a brain will change their mind and add the missing dinos. For now i will not play this gay map.

Am I the only one who likes makes for the maps? Seriously all anyone else cares about are the dinos that are there? I love the new map and I love the little dinos. I find it kind of awesome that it's main dino is also a little guy. Everyone wants wyverns, rexes, gigas, etc etc. I love my Tapejara, raptors, horses, cats, canines, even the dilos and dodos. It's nice tho have a big beautiful nap based on the underdog dinos. ?

18 hours ago, spiritpaw said:

Am I the only one who likes makes for the maps? Seriously all anyone else cares about are the dinos that are there? I love the new map and I love the little dinos. I find it kind of awesome that it's main dino is also a little guy. Everyone wants wyverns, rexes, gigas, etc etc. I love my Tapejara, raptors, horses, cats, canines, even the dilos and dodos. It's nice tho have a big beautiful nap based on the underdog dinos. ?

Rag was amazing too for about 3-4 weeks until everyone got big boxes built. Then the lag came. I fear Valguero will be the same, but probably worse since it’s even bigger. Once structures are up, it’ll be constant lag spikes and DC’s. Hope I’m wrong though. Time will tell. 

15 hours ago, flamron said:

Rag was amazing too for about 3-4 weeks until everyone got big boxes built. Then the lag came. I fear Valguero will be the same, but probably worse since it’s even bigger. Once structures are up, it’ll be constant lag spikes and DC’s. Hope I’m wrong though. Time will tell. 

Valguero is smaller than Ragnarok. It’s actually more so halfway between The Island and Ragnarok.

On 7/24/2019 at 11:26 PM, SaltyMonkey said:

Valguero is smaller than Ragnarok. It’s actually more so halfway between The Island and Ragnarok.

Aye looks like it’s 60km2, compared to 98km2 for rag and 48km2 for island. But Val has way more land that’s buildable. So I think build wise it may end up closer to rag. Hopefully the constant lag issues on Rag are completely predicated by map size and we won’t see the same problems in a few weeks on PS4. 

On 7/23/2019 at 2:20 PM, spiritpaw said:

I really like the new map as well, I also think it's pretty well balanced environmentally and dino wise, you aren't running into a bazillion rex's all the time.

It's kinda nice to see a bunch of smaller dinos like the Equuis, dodos, raptors etc like you mentioned and it makes it feel better when you've been searching and finally find the perfect tame rex and such.

A bunch of Allos I've noticed though.

8 minutes ago, flamron said:

Aye looks like it’s 60km2, compared to 98km2 for rag and 48km2 for island. But Val has way more land that’s buildable. So I think build wise it may end up closer to rag. Hopefully the constant lag issues on Rag are completely predicated by map size and we won’t see the same problems in a few weeks on PS4. 

I dunno. In terms of memory usage, my brand new Valguero map has already overtaken a fairly built up Center on my cluster. No where near as bad as Ragnarok but still 2nd nonetheless in the chart of memory offenders.

5 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

I dunno. In terms of memory usage, my brand new Valguero map has already overtaken a fairly built up Center on my cluster. No where near as bad as Ragnarok but still 2nd nonetheless in the chart of memory offenders.

Wonder if that’ll come down as they optimize (IF they do). 

I haven’t spent much time on the map yet. Just day 1 and then left for a week. But the tribemates are loving it. Hopefully it’s a map we can settle into and use as the island/center/rag have all gotten stale for us.

I mostly play all maps evenly. Adding Drake's to valguero wouldn't make me play ab any less. I play rag for biome diversity and size. I don't care that scorched creatures are there. I still go to scorched Earth because it's freaking hard and it's a challenge. Dream map though, would be every dino on one map. I'd pay full game price for that

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s a valid point, this games unbalanced pvp is going to make so that as soon as transfers are open to valguero everyone built there will likely get wiped due to a lack of meta Dino’s. Only two types of wyverns, no reapers, griffins, limited wyverns. Come on devs.... these limitations army going to keep people from having these Dino’s regardless because you can always trade for them. I’ve already bought your dlc regrettably. Your not losing out on any money because the people who were going to pay for scorched, Abb, extinction, have already got them. Try focusing on what brings joy to your community just like every other successful game company. Please and Thank you.

On 8/13/2019 at 3:52 PM, FLYBYNIGHT said:

Here’s a valid point, this games unbalanced pvp is going to make so that as soon as transfers are open to valguero everyone built there will likely get wiped due to a lack of meta Dino’s. Only two types of wyverns, no reapers, griffins, limited wyverns. Come on devs.... these limitations army going to keep people from having these Dino’s regardless because you can always trade for them. I’ve already bought your dlc regrettably. Your not losing out on any money because the people who were going to pay for scorched, Abb, extinction, have already got them. Try focusing on what brings joy to your community just like every other successful game company. Please and Thank you.

Yeah I love the new Wyvern trench on The Island and The Center.

• 3 weeks later...

Abberation is my favorite map, so I was excited for valguero. I'm extremely disappointed that not even half the animals are present in that section, I understand that the abberation section is less then a fourth of the real map but even the rad zone is empty, just a few spino and karcs. I wasted time and resources getting hazard suits for nothing. there really is no point going into the abb zone it's a waste, along with the under water zone both areas are desolate with no real purpose to go there except to waste time and resources getting there. You could have just left those two areas off the map as they literally hold no purpose what so ever. The only thing about the under water biome is the black pearls other then that it's a waste. 

On 7/30/2019 at 12:22 AM, Sw00per5633 said:

I mostly play all maps evenly. Adding Drake's to valguero wouldn't make me play ab any less. I play rag for biome diversity and size. I don't care that scorched creatures are there. I still go to scorched Earth because it's freaking hard and it's a challenge. Dream map though, would be every dino on one map. I'd pay full game price for that

I don't know about full price, but I'd definitely buy a giant map with every biome and every creatures kinda like valg but way bigger with all the creatures and biomes and real purpose to go to the other biomes.

On 9/2/2019 at 3:13 PM, RedSerpent666 said:

Abberation is my favorite map, so I was excited for valguero. I'm extremely disappointed that not even half the animals are present in that section, I understand that the abberation section is less then a fourth of the real map but even the rad zone is empty, just a few spino and karcs. I wasted time and resources getting hazard suits for nothing. there really is no point going into the abb zone it's a waste, along with the under water zone both areas are desolate with no real purpose to go there except to waste time and resources getting there. You could have just left those two areas off the map as they literally hold no purpose what so ever. The only thing about the under water biome is the black pearls other then that it's a waste. 

Loot crates...is my only reason to enter  these areas ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Here's the problem with no Rock Drakes or Nameless in the trench:

They're needed.

Gems can be acquired with a quick sprint and some medical brews. Once you have your hazard suit, a mid-level, non imprinted Abberant Spino can tear through that whole section unhindered, for basically "free" loot and the artifact. I think its great the charge pets were added, and thankful for it. I love my Featherlight. However, I just shut it off to avoid Seekers, because there's absolutely no fear of Nameless or Reapers showing up.

I'm all for Aberration staying relevant. Wildcard did a great job with that Ark, but Rock Drakes should be added to the trench. Their eggs on the other hand, should not. 

Its not a matter of entitlement, its a matter of game balance.

The radioactive trench should be a place that requires thought and preparation to explore. In its current state, the trench is just a glorified meat run.

Archived