Valguero Aberration Trench But No Drakes? What?

EatMyDust

Valguero Aberration Trench But No Drakes? What?

Why create an aberration trench that's 1/4 of the size of the map, make it sound and look incredible, then just remove rock drake eggs from spawning? I don't understand why this decision was made, especially considering that there is at least a wyvern trench with (presumed) wyvern eggs.

If the reasoning is to not give players a free Aberration DLC, why even bother including an Aberration trench to begin with? You hyped up so many people to just let many down with that removed feature.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Criaa said:

If you read the whole thread there are also a lot of other, rather specific creature cuts. Including Poison/Lighting wyverns, regular rock golems (leaving the Ice and Chalk), and some other very seemingly pointless. 

Thanks, I was going based off of the official statements in the Twitch stream earlier today. Really disappointing to see the others aren't being added either. I appreciate the link, it was a good read.

For those who didn't read it:

-No poison/lightning wyvern

-No Gasbags/Manas

-No Reapers/Basilisks/Rock Drakes

-Not really any of the SE creatures except for custom golems (ice and chalk) and Ice Worms

Sad.

5 minutes ago, Kodking194 said:

what the hell wildcard. so rag get wyverns and all that but val cant. also if you r so concerned about people getting paid dlc content from free dlc's why did you add SE creatures to rag then. heres an idea. make a poll asking us what we want, after all we are the ones who buy and play the game. not you. 

Feels like an incentive for players to purchase the Aberration DLC / season pass, but exactly like you said.. they've done this with SE -> Rag.

Now instead it's: part Rag + part AB + part Ext -> Valguero. So much content is already being given away for free, what does it matter anymore..

8 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

So much entitlement over a FREE map.

It's not that I feel entitled, it's just disappointing that a map that includes an "Aberration trench," which would seem to make a reasonable person believe it includes Aberration dinos. Specifically Drakes because of the word "trench." What's left to do in the "Aberration trench," collect fungal wood instead of regular? Big woop.

By your logic "entitlement," there shouldn't be any sort of Aberration or Extinction dinosaur/feature in Valguero, just simply Rag 2.0. The argument is: if you're going to just put some of it, why create hype by showing off the beautiful cave and stating that the "Aberration trench" is 1/4 of the entire map, to turn around and remove the best parts about the trench? When you first played Aberration, you wanted that sweet-looking Rock Drake, did you not? Perhaps even a Reaper King one day? And who didn't want a Basilisk?

I own 2 copies of the game, along with season passes for both. You're clearly failing to see my argument. It's an incredible map, and I would rather have it cost money for the DLC but with the full deal, not some half-assed content.

12 minutes ago, EatMyDust said:

It's not that I feel entitled, it's just disappointing that a map that includes an "Aberration trench," which would seem to make a reasonable person believe it includes Aberration dinos. Specifically Drakes because of the word "trench." What's left to do in the "Aberration trench," collect fungal wood instead of regular? Big woop.

By your logic "entitlement," there shouldn't be any sort of Aberration or Extinction dinosaur/feature in Valguero, just simply Rag 2.0. The argument is: if you're going to just put some of it, why create hype by showing off the beautiful cave and stating that the "Aberration trench" is 1/4 of the entire map, to turn around and remove the best parts about the trench? When you first played Aberration, you wanted that sweet-looking Rock Drake, did you not? Perhaps even a Reaper King one day? And who didn't want a Basilisk?

I own 2 copies of the game, along with season passes for both. You're clearly failing to see my argument. It's an incredible map, and I would rather have it cost money for the DLC but with the full deal, not some half-assed content.

You’re sad and disappointed that a FREE map doesn’t have ALL of the paid content you want, sounds pretty entitled to me.

1 minute ago, SaltyMonkey said:

You’re sad and disappointed that a FREE map doesn’t have ALL of the paid content you want, sounds pretty entitled to me.

15 minutes ago, EatMyDust said:

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

Was actually glad to hear that there wouldnt be drakes on the map. It means there is still a reason to play on Aberration other than just for the mapp and progression, and that Valuego doesnt cheapen Aberration the way Ragnarok did to Scorched.

Wait wait wait! Metal. 

Metal is why I still log into ab! ?

8 hours ago, EatMyDust said:

There are ravagers and karkinos. It is free. I personally felt like rag should not have gotten wyverns and deathworms. Rag killed scorched. I don’t want valguero killing aberration. 

They probably realized it was a mistake after Ragnarok's release because now no one plays SE, literally the only reason to be on that map is for the phoenix. Having all of the high end mounts from the other expansions would totally kill them the same way. I think it's a fair compromise; you get some of the cool stuff, but you still have to actually go to the other maps for the "signature" tames. The map was probably too far along in development to change the existing features without a major overhaul once they picked it up, though.

Archived