New DLC (Valguero), some simple questions...

Gopa

Will the new map (Valguero) be as unbalanced as the Ragnarok map?

Compared to the map's that get developed  by the WC-Studio, will the new map be a faceroll like the Ragnarok map?

Insane loot and high rolling loottable/spawn-rate from cave-drops (Ragna Fire-Element dungoen -> Ext./Island[ect.] frostcave's), easy engram access from bosses (Island Alpha Drake -> Ragna Alpha Manti+Drake), and ofc. nearly free atrifact access?

Triple boss fight. Element coincides. 110 from Monkey, 190 from Manti, 220 from Dragon (Alpha level) for a total of 520 element.

Looks like a tough fight or go solo a 50k vein on Extinction in 15 to 20 minutes and walk away with 500 to 700 element.

Also, free map. Not unbalanced if everybody has a fair shake to use it. No paywall, like Ragnarok. 

Now pull out the info from the dev kit that says Rag has better loot drops.

I got most of my best items (Rex BP, 500+ dura flak bp's, 240 dmg longneck bp,  etc.) from the swamp cave on the island. Which is a simple run through with a gas mask, bary/carno. 

I hope it has similar to Center and Rag high level dino spawn rates. 

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 5:54 AM, yekrucifixion187 said:

Triple boss fight. Element coincides. 110 from Monkey, 190 from Manti, 220 from Dragon (Alpha level) for a total of 520 element.

Hm, that sounds indeed intense. Facing all 3 bosses at the same time seems like fun. I look forward to see what abilities those 3 will use in the fight. Guess abilities like dragon breath / ape spawn etc. will be disabled or at least be nerved.

Oh and for the Element... Ext. have to be designe that way. You heed hundreds of element to craft a higher mek (bp) if you want to face king titan. I dont understand the flame about the possible element farm. You can ofc. craft tek-struc. and transfer them on a nother Server and build shiny bases, but thats it. 

On 6/17/2019 at 9:49 PM, Gopa said:

Will the new map (Valguero) be as unbalanced as the Ragnarok map?

Compared to the map's that get developed  by the WC-Studio, will the new map be a faceroll like the Ragnarok map?

Insane loot and high rolling loottable/spawn-rate from cave-drops (Ragna Fire-Element dungoen -> Ext./Island[ect.] frostcave's), easy engram access from bosses (Island Alpha Drake -> Ragna Alpha Manti+Drake), and ofc. nearly free atrifact access?

- Dinos tends to spawn at higher level as seen on Ragnarok.
- Artifacts are a real pita to acquire, especially in the spidercave, so no easy tek.
- Someone said 3 bosses at once, which is false (unless WC changed it for the official). I played the original mod map (~1k hours) and it offers the same bosses as the island. Devs had plans for their own tek cave...
- Loot crates are insane on Valguero. Getting rex saddle BPs from red drops is quite common.

14 hours ago, Darkholis said:

- Dinos tends to spawn at higher level as seen on Ragnarok.
- Artifacts are a real pita to acquire, especially in the spidercave, so no easy tek.
- Someone said 3 bosses at once, which is false (unless WC changed it for the official). I played the original mod map (~1k hours) and it offers the same bosses as the island. Devs had plans for their own tek cave...
- Loot crates are insane on Valguero. Getting rex saddle BPs from red drops is quite common.

1k hours of playtesting?? damn...the real mvp!  ?

ah, yeah... i thought this would be the outcome for the drops tho (even if the loottable is the same, drop-chances are differend). Like Ragna broked the marked for BP (20 min Speedrun -> ~5-15 asc. BP (run through it many times without cryo on official Server), month of farming (for a high roll) on other maps. 

Are the bosses at the same div. setup like bosses on Island (facing them with the same set-up ofc.)? I watched the twitch-stream, and i thought they just used the manti + drake combo like on the Ragnarok map. 

Thanks for the replies tho - haven't the time in the last days to test it on a private server by my own. ?

On 6/19/2019 at 11:15 AM, Gopa said:

Oh and for the Element... Ext. have to be designe that way. You heed hundreds of element to craft a higher mek (bp) if you want to face king titan. I dont understand the flame about the possible element farm. You can ofc. craft tek-struc. and transfer them on a nother Server and build shiny bases, but thats it. 

You do realise that element dust is transferable right? Element isn't but the dust is. Transfer it all over to another map, then make the element... hence people saying it's an element farm :)

Archived