Jump to content

StudioWildcard

Community Crunch 186: Introducing Valguero

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, lilpanda said:

it definitely works by just manually entering 'Valguero_P' into the map field. That's how we run some of our unofficial test servers :)

So far no bueno. Here’s what they said: 


I tried replacing the other server and just changing the map to Valguero_P but it just keeps kicking me back to the main screen after it finishes loading. 
I made sure I saved, like he said, and forced an update, and even reinstalled SteamCMD just incase. I've already tried connecting from a different workstation and it just does the same thing, so it's on the server's end, just not sure what's going on. 
All the settings are the same, I just switched the map and it stops working. I also tried creating an entirely new ark server instance but it does the same thing with that map. 
Did they have to download a different version of ASM? Im using version 1.0.345.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Mani21Axe said:

Why are reapers, rock drakes and basilisks disabled? I was hoping this map would bring the best dinos out of all maps and put it in one, but it seems not. 

That would completely ruin the gaming experience. They took part of that with Rag and SE, and most people will play on Rag, since they can basically get most of the creatures on Rag. They need to keep maps relative. I would probably stop playing Ark, if they ever put every creature on the same map.. It would also be a slap in the face for people such as myself, that supported the DLC and purchased the other maps. It bad enough they added Abberant creatures to the map as it is, which makes Abberation mostly useless now.

Edited by AVADOX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BlueIris2 said:

So far no bueno. Here’s what they said: 


I tried replacing the other server and just changing the map to Valguero_P but it just keeps kicking me back to the main screen after it finishes loading. 
I made sure I saved, like he said, and forced an update, and even reinstalled SteamCMD just incase. I've already tried connecting from a different workstation and it just does the same thing, so it's on the server's end, just not sure what's going on. 
All the settings are the same, I just switched the map and it stops working. I also tried creating an entirely new ark server instance but it does the same thing with that map. 
Did they have to download a different version of ASM? Im using version 1.0.345.1

Sorry I can't be of much more help as I'm not an expert with ASM by any means :(

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, valgueroguero said:

Item and Dino (in addition to character) tranfers to Valguero are enabled on ARKpocalypse - is this intended?

yes this is intended. ARKpocalypse was the only gamemode where we left transfers fully open. 1) the map wipes in 3-4 days from now 2) with regular wipes every 30 days it didn't make sense to lock the content on that one server in an already limited closed cluster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm pretty excited for this to hit console, does anyone know if the Deinon has a "Roar"? From what I heard of it's voice/call in the trailer, I freaking LOVED, plus, I love also how the base of it's tail looks like porcupine quills kinda, wonder if they're a part of one of it's color regions? 

I'm kinda concerned about how laggy this map will be for console, considering how many biomes are squished all into one map that's smaller than Ragnarok, but excited nonetheless!

Edited by LadyKunaya
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, BlueIris2 said:

So far no bueno. Here’s what they said: 


I tried replacing the other server and just changing the map to Valguero_P but it just keeps kicking me back to the main screen after it finishes loading. 
I made sure I saved, like he said, and forced an update, and even reinstalled SteamCMD just incase. I've already tried connecting from a different workstation and it just does the same thing, so it's on the server's end, just not sure what's going on. 
All the settings are the same, I just switched the map and it stops working. I also tried creating an entirely new ark server instance but it does the same thing with that map. 
Did they have to download a different version of ASM? Im using version 1.0.345.1

All I did was click + to create a new profile. Then I changed the server name to differentiate from the others in the cluster. I then used the sync (whatever button that copies ALL the settings from another profile over) and saved. I then forced an update and after that completed changed the mapname Valguero_P and saved it a second time. Then launched the server...its been running for 2 days now. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, blargzilla said:

All I did was click + to create a new profile. Then I changed the server name to differentiate from the others in the cluster. I then used the sync (whatever button that copies ALL the settings from another profile over) and saved. I then forced an update and after that completed changed the mapname Valguero_P and saved it a second time. Then launched the server...its been running for 2 days now. 

It works XD my family forgot to download the map from the steam store XD 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So lemme get this straight: Snow Owls spawn, but you can't ride them since you can't learn Extinction engrams? I don't know if you can allow a single engram from a list, but please fix this, as snow owls are amazingly useful birds and I adore this map. Thanks in advance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@lilpandaWhat about Primitive Plus? (specifically PVE Xbox)? We have Ragnarok and The Center, so hoping we will get it.... but Xbox NA-PVE-PrimitivePlus Cross Ark 4 is also missing Scorched Earth.

 

Kinda sucks I paid for an expansion I can't even play in my cluster, so it gives me mixed feelings on if we will get the map.

Would be nice to get SE added to the cluster though with Valg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Aikar said:

@lilpandaWhat about Primitive Plus? (specifically PVE Xbox)? We have Ragnarok and The Center, so hoping we will get it.... but Xbox NA-PVE-PrimitivePlus Cross Ark 4 is also missing Scorched Earth.

 

Kinda sucks I paid for an expansion I can't even play in my cluster, so it gives me mixed feelings on if we will get the map.

Would be nice to get SE added to the cluster though with Valg

I will look into this

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, PigLord1270 said:

So does that mean no transfers on dedicated servers even we transfers on in the settings?

On officials they are turned off. By default though on unofficial and dedicated full transfer is allowed. So its all dependent on the server if they allow it or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@lilpanda @Jatheish Hey loves, it would be appreciated, since we can't transfer items etc etc, if we could get the 2x on the new Map servers. It's not that we don't like to grind from t he beginning, but I only have 3 full days to put into playing (since I get up at 4am for work yay adultlife) and only 3hrs a day to play during the week. I can understand points of view from both sides of the aisle, but I'm pretty sure 97% of your playerbase wouldn't complain about getting 2x right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2019 at 9:30 AM, Pawthorne said:

So lemme get this straight: Snow Owls spawn, but you can't ride them since you can't learn Extinction engrams? I don't know if you can allow a single engram from a list, but please fix this, as snow owls are amazingly useful birds and I adore this map. Thanks in advance. 

They don’t spawn anymore I don’t think 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...