Community Crunch 186: Introducing Valguero

StudioWildcard

On valguero There are Wyverns from Scorched Earth and the ice ones from Ragnarok, there are griffins from Ragnarok as well; Will there be Rock Drakes and Reapers From Abberation?, we have not really seen them, other than the corrupted ones on Extinction but you cant tame/Hatch any of them, so please I hope you add tameable/Hatchable ones on Valguero!

7 minutes ago, andrewdiaczuk2003 said:

Will there be Reapers, and Rock Drakes in the abberation cave on valguero? I hope so, Those are the best things from abberation, like how wyverns are one of the best things from Scorched Earth!

Just now, andrewdiaczuk2003 said:

On valguero There are Wyverns from Scorched Earth and the ice ones from Ragnarok, there are griffins from Ragnarok as well; Will there be Rock Drakes and Reapers From Abberation?, we have not really seen them, other than the corrupted ones on Extinction but you cant tame/Hatch any of them, so please I hope you add tameable/Hatchable ones on Valguero!

Something i am shure most ARK players would love to have on the new map!

On 6/20/2019 at 12:56 AM, LadyKunaya said:

I'm pretty excited for this to hit console, does anyone know if the Deinon has a "Roar"? From what I heard of it's voice/call in the trailer, I freaking LOVED, plus, I love also how the base of it's tail looks like porcupine quills kinda, wonder if they're a part of one of it's color regions? 

I'm kinda concerned about how laggy this map will be for console, considering how many biomes are squished all into one map that's smaller than Ragnarok, but excited nonetheless!

Unfortunately, no roar.  They do have neat chirpy noises and such, and they run fast!  This morning, my 135 and twin-145s finished on Official, and I've been taking them out killing stuff.  They shred stuff pretty well, but have fairly low HP pools so after 3 packs of Allos, all 3 were a bit beat up.  Still got the job done though!

Also, their jumping has a strange delay to it, but so far the wall-leapups have been good for me.  And, no fall damage!  The pounce-grip on bigger dinos eaaaats up stamina if you spam bites while attached, but with my pack of 3 things don't last long. 

Info for ya:  5 hour egg incubation, and (my own crappy calculations) baby phase is ~3.88 hours (call it 4), total maturation is ~39 hours from hatch.  25% per imprint on 1x breeding rates, with about 3-4% slack on each imprint (first imprint is at about 22% maturation).  EDIT:  Additionally about incubation, they have infinite egg "health" due to being spawned wild (like Wyvern and Rock Drake eggs).  So if its "Too Hot" or "Too Cold," egg health stays at 100 making it easier to incubate them with campfires.

Edited by TheDonn

3 hours ago, andrewdiaczuk2003 said:

Will there be Reapers, and Rock Drakes in the abberation cave on valguero? I hope so, Those are the best things from abberation, like how wyverns are one of the best things from Scorched Earth!

Why would they add as you say " The best things from abberation " to a free map? They need to sell DLC to fund their next garbage game, "cough"  Atlas  "cough " Sorry flu Season in Australia. 

Only reason Ragnarok got Wyverns as the game was pretty dead at that point, No one like SE there was no extra DLC coming out any time soon and someone else had done ( granted it was like 30% completed ) all the hard work for them.

Now i love Abb, Favourite Map. It's Gorgeous, has the best dino in the game for PvP from what i understand  ( Reapers ) but if you remove Rock drakes and Reapers and in turn Basilisks due to no eggs the map is useless and a complete waste of time.

On 6/21/2019 at 3:22 PM, TheDonn said:

Unfortunately, no roar.  They do have neat chirpy noises and such, and they run fast!  This morning, my 135 and twin-145s finished on Official, and I've been taking them out killing stuff.  They shred stuff pretty well, but have fairly low HP pools so after 3 packs of Allos, all 3 were a bit beat up.  Still got the job done though!

Also, their jumping has a strange delay to it, but so far the wall-leapups have been good for me.  And, no fall damage!  The pounce-grip on bigger dinos eaaaats up stamina if you spam bites while attached, but with my pack of 3 things don't last long. 

Info for ya:  5 hour egg incubation, and (my own crappy calculations) baby phase is ~3.88 hours (call it 4), total maturation is ~39 hours from hatch.  25% per imprint on 1x breeding rates, with about 3-4% slack on each imprint (first imprint is at about 22% maturation).  EDIT:  Additionally about incubation, they have infinite egg "health" due to being spawned wild (like Wyvern and Rock Drake eggs).  So if its "Too Hot" or "Too Cold," egg health stays at 100 making it easier to incubate them with campfires.

Ah, still sounds awesome though! Thanks for so much info! Also, I saw what looked like porcupine quills on its tail base, is that more or less what they are? And do they seem to be part of any of its color regions? Have you tried breeding them yet? Also, compared to a Giga, how much do they seem to eat while maturing? 

3 hours ago, LadyKunaya said:

Ah, still sounds awesome though! Thanks for so much info! Also, I saw what looked like porcupine quills on its tail base, is that more or less what they are? And do they seem to be part of any of its color regions? Have you tried breeding them yet? Also, compared to a Giga, how much do they seem to eat while maturing? 

The quills are just decoration, they have no use with leftclick, rightclick, c, or x.  I have several imprinted ones now, and they mature quickly so they definitely don't eat (or hold meat) like Gigas.  Really nothing does, thankfully (tuso and mosa have much higher weight stats so they stabilize quicker).  As far as color regions, I'm not sure:  Maybe arkpedia has some extra info about it?

I will say that once you get a decent amount of points in melee, they will bring the pain.  If you save some stamina, you can generally flee pretty easily from things that you load up with some bleeds.  I was disappointed to find out that you can't latch on to Wyverns though...  I thought that would be great.  Yet strangely you can latch on to Argies, which are far smaller.

I enjoy ark and maps like Valgeuro but why can’t ark remove the split screen barrier. Me and my brother play split screen all the time but the barrier causes  so much lag and you can’t go anywhere because the barrier is there. I no splitscreen isn’t a very big topic for the ark devs but please add back the setting to edit the barrier or just remove the barrier. I love your game keep, it up.

Edited by Kubey22
I meant to say ,keep it up