Community Crunch 186: Introducing Valguero

StudioWildcard

Just for those looking for free tips and tricks, since I have well over 1k+ hours on this map (original mod version), under my belt. Disclaimer => I haven't seen the abberation section, so I can't speak of it yet.

Ressources :

Metal: Very common on all mountains of the centermost section of the map. Biggest spots are to be found in the triangle section starting from green OB to SE and the beginning of the redwoods SW.

Obsidian: Biggest concentrations found around green OB, but can also find some scattered nodes up north (2/3) of the way towards the snow. There is also a major metal/obsidian/crystal spot up top a pillar on the SE plains.

Crystal: Scattered on mountains tops, biggest spot is SE. Can also be found in decent quantities around blue & green OBs.

Oil : Plenty of nodes to be mined in the main lake. Easier to find an oil vein. Two of them are very close to each other SE, north of the water.

Sulfur : Can only be found in the wyvern's trench up north.

Cactus Sap: Very small spots SE, north of the lake.

Tree Sap : Redwoods, but you can also farm some (using a pickaxe) from some stumps on the small islands SW. Can be farmed from Extinction trees in the West. (Extinction trees, which also yields colored sap)

Salt: Only 2 surface spawns to my knowledge. Both SE.

CP : Beaver lake, south of the green OB.

Pearls : Can be picked by hand at the blue OB. Rest are found at the bottom of large water bodies.

Spawns:

- Dinos tends to be higher level. Stuff above 120 is very common for all species.
- Alphas are EXTREMELY common in the central mountains, as well as rexes.
- Spinos are very rare, seen less than 20 over 1000 hours on my own server, which had a daily dino wipe.
- Allos + ovis are found in massive quantities on the SE plains. Beware, allos can roam in packs as big as 14+.
- Gigas only spawn at 2 locations. Small plain north of the green OB and NW, just past the griffin spawn.
- Griffins spawn in 1 location only. NW, 2/3 of the way from green OB to blue OB.
- Yutys, spawn in the tundra/extinction part as well as the snow. => West & North.
- Overspawn of pteras, trikes, brontos, dodos and other crap on the SE beach. Unless they fixed it for the official release, you could see a few hundreds, if not thousand dinos in the vicinity.
- Dead itchys/carbos are found SE as well.
- Argentavis nests are found NW, near the snow line.

Know issues:

- Collisions with invisible objects are very common in the snow biome.
- The spider cave (unless fixed) is pitch black no light source works there. This rendered tek un-achaivable because of the required artifacts in that cave.
- Plenty of collisions issues in the second artifact room, of the swamp cave.
- Overspawn of thylas in redwoods (10+ per tree is common).
- Random no-fly zones in some surface areas.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want more (key build areas, explorer notes, etc.), or more specific coordinates. Feel free to PM me.

Cheers,
Darkholis.

Edited by Darkholis
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, lilpanda said:

If you're referring to ASM, you can actually manually input the name (Valguero_P) into the map name field until its updated by the creator. Third party host providers should have the option available at launch if they are supporting the map.

NoTek will not receive the map, at least not currently. As it stands, NoTek hasn't gotten either The Center or Extinction. We may release these to the cluster at a later date though.

Hardcore will, I forgot to add that into the provided list. It will only be a single server though like most of the other maps on the hardcore cluster.

Arkpocalypse will be wiping normal time (the 22nd this month), short season was just in reference to Valguero only being live for 4-5 days instead of the full month due to the usual wipe.

Unfortunately they have not been able to get it to work. Here’s what they said:

Not yet, the server manager doesn't allow it as easily as they claim it should be. I may try creating a manual server if I can't figure it out, but those are a lot more difficult to change little settings so I'm trying to avoid that. 

• Wildcard Community
1 hour ago, BlueIris2 said:

Not yet, the server manager doesn't allow it as easily as they claim it should be. I may try creating a manual server if I can't figure it out, but those are a lot more difficult to change little settings so I'm trying to avoid that. 

it definitely works by just manually entering 'Valguero_P' into the map field. That's how we run some of our unofficial test servers :)

• Wildcard Community
11 hours ago, GoldenMelon said:

Will valguero be a continuation of the story arks or a random ark like the center and ragnarok

Valguero is not canon so it doesn't follow the ARK storyline.

10 hours ago, Jtharrison10 said:

So just to be clear there will be no character/dino transfers at release but there will be after a set period of time?

7 hours ago, Pyroangel69 said:

Will transfer to and from new map be available at some point like Extinction?

Yes they are just a limited time thing

6 hours ago, FrostyKatKit said:

Can singleplayer characters and item be transfered?

The item, dino, and survivor transfer restrictions are server settings. Default single player is to allow free transfer of any of those back and forth.

2 hours ago, Tigglybiggles said:

Will the map be added for Hardcore mode servers? I noticed they were left off of the list

There should be one Hardcore server. I think it's Hardcore8

2 hours ago, Mani21Axe said:

Why are reapers, rock drakes and basilisks disabled? I was hoping this map would bring the best dinos out of all maps and put it in one, but it seems not. 

And you know that it would make no sense at all, and would kill other maps?  Look, what reason folks would have to move between maps if everything would be on the single map? There is, of course, a business issue too - if they would put every dino on the single FREE map, how would buy DLC?

As of the map - it looks really good, but "Small Islands" spawn point is too calm, no carnivores waiting for you. :(

Hello wildcard, I would like to first off say thank you for the free DLC and Nekatus's map looks amazing as an official map. I have followed the development of this map for some time and would like to state some problems with the map that the community has and that i do as well. I also hope you take heed of what I say here as well. The map was diluted quite a bit which is very disappointing to many people and even some of the map creators themselves. Rock drakes should have been on the map. There is no reason to stay in the radiation area for longer periods now on this map since their is not a significant prize at the end of the tunnel like a drake egg. I don't know if this was a business tactic or what not to include them but I don't think it helps gameplay at all not to have them on another neat map.  As well as the fire wyverns being removed is very disappointing. The extinction spawns were to include not all, but more creatures which would of been a better balance I believe. This is what bothers me is that pretty much the only thing you took from Nekatus's map was the actual map itself. His ideas for spawns, resources, etc., were a lot more balanced for this map. It seems like the map actually regressed from what it was supposed to be. Once again I think everyone who has followed the dev even a little will agree with me on the disappointment on the dino and resource spawns. Please take a look at the Valguero discord and see the uproar on this because the community isn't very happy with the decisions made by wildcard that were originally supposed to be implemented on the map. Thank you for reading this I would also appreciate a response on the decisions that were made to leave out certain creatures. Thank you again.

12 hours ago, BlueIris2 said:

Worked like a charm on my cluster server. Just copy/paste that name in the map location field and save the profile and maybe do a force update and it should work!

• Like 1

On 6/18/2019 at 8:52 AM, ST33LZX said:

Y can’t valguero come out on console tomarrow because the map is done that’s not fair to console players @Cedric

agreed but i really do realize now the fact that because PC are testers they are most likely gonna lose alot of stuff from other maps too because of minor bugs n glitches, for example say they are really good on rag but then the glitches kick in and may reset the rag stuff in some way, if you get what i mean so the PC players are basically doing all the dirty work so we can receive a perfect map and dino while they prob lost progress on maps. absolute karma

• Thanks 1

I understand the need to keep things unique to paid DLC maps but even if Rock Drakes are added, Reapers are still unique to Abberration and adding more Wyverns would add variety while Sorched still has the Phoenix. If the map already isn't canon, what's the harm in adding Extinction dinos while you are at it?

Again, I understand the need to have each map have a unique dino, but you already took the frost wyvern and griffin from Rag so why not include a few more in areas that make sense?

5 hours ago, blargzilla said:

Worked like a charm on my cluster server. Just copy/paste that name in the map location field and save the profile and maybe do a force update and it should work!

So far no bueno. Here’s what they said: 

I tried replacing the other server and just changing the map to Valguero_P but it just keeps kicking me back to the main screen after it finishes loading. 
I made sure I saved, like he said, and forced an update, and even reinstalled SteamCMD just incase. I've already tried connecting from a different workstation and it just does the same thing, so it's on the server's end, just not sure what's going on. 
All the settings are the same, I just switched the map and it stops working. I also tried creating an entirely new ark server instance but it does the same thing with that map. 
Did they have to download a different version of ASM? Im using version 1.0.345.1