Community Crunch 186: Introducing Valguero

StudioWildcard

I don't understand u guys... You teased new content for all players. Nobody expected the release of this map (which is great btw). So you didn't have had a deadline for this release. 

So why didn't u wait until cert process or whatever has always to be done more for consoles has passed to. It could have been the first time for an all platform release bcause u had time. 

Now it's like always. The pc gamer are already bored of the content when it's released on consoles. 

First of all, why are you releasing new content for a game that already has a plethora of issues that 4 years since its release still causes major problems like the one I’m currently experiencing with no news may I add?

( My server kicked everyone out and disappeared 9 hours ago in a middle of nowhere and whilst my Dino was due a last imprint 7 hours ago ).

Secondly, I understand why us console players have to wait a little bit longer cause of hardware limitations associated with them but why not announce the map when it becomes ready for all platforms?

And Lastly, So does that mean we still need tek engrams to create cryopods and fridges?

Well for console players we probably won't see this map until September or October ??. Remember how many times ragnarok was delayed on console. When will you fix the artifact spawning on ragnarok there's 20 artifacts of the immune in the dark cave near the swamp castle? The artifact of the strong there's like 15 spawning inside of the world. 

I hope that when this new map does come out for us console players, it doesn't crash to home screen after X amount of time, like Ragnarok does. I absolutely love the Ragnarok map, but get annoyed at all the ill-timed crashes. As my friend would say: "Fix your sh*t (Ragnarok performance in this case) before releasing new content!" :P

i

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, soulstar said:

lol they cant get there issues solved with the main game yet they bring in a Dino and map made by  a molder because molders doe a better job then Dev's

And after this all devs have to do is import it to Xbox, make it run nice, and add Deinonychus and they could wait a few weeks so consoles have the game spoiled after they watch the best base locations and stuff

another huge map which will be another disappointment for pve players.just corious about guys who wants to add this map have any idea about current state of ragnarok map in official pve cluster?your servers are unplayable.they re not handle ragnarok map.Servers saves freeze game 30 seconds in every 15 minutes.

People calls it as Lagnarok.how we gonna call this new map then?

Lagguero?

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, phantom55 said:

another huge map which will be another disappointment for pve players.just corious about guys who wants to add this map have any idea about current state of ragnarok map in official pve cluster?your servers are unplayable.they re not handle ragnarok map.Servers saves freeze game 30 seconds in every 15 minutes.

People calls it as Lagnarok.how we gonna call this new map then?

Lagguero?

Try playing it first. 

As a console player and as an unofficial server cluster admin-coder I must say, I am very excited for what Valguero has to offer.

I realize we aren't getting it at the same time as PC, but we are getting it- and that alone makes the wait worth it. 

In fact- the entire cluster I work with is actually very accepting of the news and are excited for the new adventure coming to us. ?

All in all, thanks for the the time and effort. We can't wait to add it to our cluster and start exploring!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Wildcard Community
4 hours ago, BlueIris2 said:

When will Valguero be available for Server Manager?(pc) My sister wants to set up a private unofficial server:)

If you're referring to ASM, you can actually manually input the name (Valguero_P) into the map name field until its updated by the creator. Third party host providers should have the option available at launch if they are supporting the map.

4 hours ago, Victorshep said:

So server types don’t help me much...

This appears to say only full tech servers?

Will there be options like NoTech PVP types as some cross ark are? 

Will there be offline raid protection PvP

This post doesn’t give good examples. 

NoTek will not receive the map, at least not currently. As it stands, NoTek hasn't gotten either The Center or Extinction. We may release these to the cluster at a later date though.

4 hours ago, Aerion said:

Will we get it on hardcore aswell?

Hardcore will, I forgot to add that into the provided list. It will only be a single server though like most of the other maps on the hardcore cluster.

5 hours ago, gabrinoel said:

will arkpocalypse wipe tomorrow? why ''short season''?

Arkpocalypse will be wiping normal time (the 22nd this month), short season was just in reference to Valguero only being live for 4-5 days instead of the full month due to the usual wipe.