Community Crunch 186: Introducing Valguero

StudioWildcard

Hey Survivors! Welcome to the latest edition of the Community Crunch! :Jerbhi:

Introducing Valguero

We are excited to announce the next map to land on the Offical Network.  This free map will be available for PC on June 18th 10AM PST and available on console in July.  We are excited to partner with our amazing modding community to bring free content to all ARK fans. We know you will likely have lots of questions about the map if you haven't had the opportunity to play it.  We've taken the liberty of compiling some frequently asked questions.

Frequently Asked Questions

ARK_VALG_Screenshot_09.jpg

What is the map size for Valguero?

Approximately 60 km2 (24 sq mi) in size

(In comparison The Island is 48 km2 (19 sq mi), Ragnarok is 98 km2 (38 sq mi)

What engrams will be allowed on Valguero?

The Island, Scorched Earth, and Aberration engrams will be allowed on Valguero.

What unique biomes will I find in the Valguero?

The White Cliffs Biome - From sprawling green flatlands encompassed by massive white rocks, to narrow canyons and tall plateaus, the White Cliffs are the perfect location for building your base.

Tundra Biome - Dry and arid foliage covers the rolling hills of dying grass and desolate fir trees in this biome. A cold and unforgiving place, the Tundra is a place to tread lightly.

Savannah Biome - Nestled adjacent to the Jungle biome a top a cliffside, the Savannah is a cozy starting location to build in relative safety amongst its dry and open fields.

Aberration Biome - The first official mod map to include a massive fertile chamber unique to Valguero! This massive cave is a great location to find some of your favorite Aberration dinos, and find a safe place to call home underground.

What unique creatures will I find on Valguero?

While exploring Valguero, Ark players will run into our newest dinosaur yet, the Deinonychus! The Deinonychus is fiercely territorial in the wild. They will protect their nests against any who dare to trespass. 

Where can I locate the Deinonychus on Valguero?

The Deinonychus can be found primarily in the White Cliffs biome with some packs moving into the Jungle and Savannah biome.

Will cryopods and cryo-fridges work on Valguero?

Yes.

Will transfers be allowed when the map launches?

Similar to past DLC launches, transfers will be disabled.

Will Customer Service offer compensation for lost dinos at launch?

Similar to past DLC launches, Customer Service will not be offering compensation (On Valguero specifically) for lost items until further notice.

Is the Deinonychus tameable/breedable/ridable?

Tameable: No Breedable: Yes Ridable: Yes

What is the estimated size for PC?

~7GB

When will this update reach console?

July.

What types of servers should we expect to see?

Legacy:

• PVE & PVP: NA, EU, OC
  • CrossArks

Non-Legacy::

• PVE & PVP: NA, EU, OC
  • CrossArks
  • SmallTribes
  • Classic PVP
  • Arkpocalypse (Short "Season")

Upcoming Changes

Included in the Valguero patch tomorrow, we'll be addressing some much-needed exploit fixes and balance changes:

• Fixed an exploit with Gasbags
  • Plant Z's weight is now 21
  • Fixed an exploit with feeding Plant Y seeds.
  • Cryopod and Cryofridge engrams are now available on all maps (edited) 

For modders, we've included some enhancements to the Dev Kit.

• Added Git Plugin
  • Added JSON object library.
  • Added blueprint interface for anonymous communication between mods.
  • Added helper functions for:
  • Searching for creatures by ID.
  • Retrieving filtered class lists.

Community Feedback

image.png

Thank you for expressing your feedback about ARK and sharing your experiences with the team. Our community is very active in social media and contribute to our successes.  Because of that, we want to make sure that we are getting feedback on specifics in addition to the Suggestions Forum and your general feedback on social media.  Be on the lookout for your opportunity to weigh in!

Evolution Event!

large.large.EvoEvent.png.eeb58694dd9d4cb

Survivors on all platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk this weekend! It will be active from Friday the 21st of June at 1 PM EST until Monday the 24th of June at 3 PM EST. All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

• 2x Harvesting Rates
  • 2x Taming Rates
  • 2x EXP Rates

As always if you’ve got anything to share you can find us at:

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark

All the best,
Studio Wildcard

View full article

Very happy about this map (I've been playing it for months on the Workshop... I still can't tell what my favorite biome is) and this new d(e)ino. And I'm so happy it's breedable, the color regions look cool af and getting a few mutated puppies might look really awesome.
Hoping we get to hear the "making of" for its sound effects ! ;) 

21 minutes ago, STUL said:

never been at start of a new map so does that mean you cant transfer anything at all including chars?

Yes , they mentioned that theapmis closed for dino and items transfers , ( usually 3/6 months ) chars is kinda , depends, some maps were in the beginning closed  to char transfer, abb and ext already permitted. 

Advice : don’t move main chars to new maps , there are often inicial crashes and rollbacks and stuff and you may get your char accidentally deleted. 

Soo : to exploit I advise you a new char and probably later you can transfer in and out  other chars ;)

Edited by Quilleute

1 hour ago, YarbySauce said:

@Cedric
Dates are wrong for evolution event & will Valguero have Karkinos?

Yes, you can see a glimpse of a karkinos in the trailer they dropped earlier in the ab biome. So I assume they will be.

1 hour ago, LightningWalker said:

Y can’t valguero come out on console tomarrow because the map is done that’s not fair to console players @Cedric

He literally explained why in the twitch stream.

• Thanks 1