Valguero

SaltyMonkey

Just watched the stream for this map on the wildcard twitch or whatever and when cedric mentioned there will be limited dino transfers, that kind of concerned me. I hope this map does not turn out to be another abberition map where we can't transfer 90% of the dinos in the game to the map. I know the map has an abberition area, without rock drakes which makes absolutely no sense to me seeing as that one dino is the only reason i played abberition in the first place and i would hope that i could transfer my drakes over to valguero. I wonder if @Cedric would mind clarifying whether or not this is temporary or permanent. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NEW MAP VALGUERO (For new people Tips)

After reviewing the live stream by the Ark Community manager, one of the Dino/maps creators, and the dude who created Ragnarok . It is clear that they are trying to do their best to put this new map for us as best as possible tomorrow online. However, good intentions means nothing if they don't deliver. Instead, I am here to give some tips for new PC players and to remind the old timers such as my self for official to take it easy tomorrow. 

Things to keep in mind:

1. Don't rush to get into the new map with high level characters if you only have one. There will be problems  transferring and you might lose your character. So if you don't have more than one high level character...DONT! It is better to create a new one!

2. If history has teach us anything is that there will not be many new server for everyone to get online. So make sure you have nothing better to do for at least 2 to 3 hours after you download the map to press REFRESH constantly until you get in one server.

3. The new dino seems buggy. If you manage to tame to breed one first day make sure you have a few spare. The dino suffers from the same glitch as the Rock Drake. This glitch involves turning upside down and getting stuck under the map or swimming backwards (upside down). You will most likely get stuck somewhere so have a few before you go wild with it!

5. If you are NEW. DONT RUSH to play it! Take your time on the other maps and have fun. Long story short every time there is a new map coming you will not be able to transfer any equipment or dinos (or anything other than your character). It would only be detrimental for your progress to go to this new map. 

With that being said, there was an interesting remark by the community manager. He said, "that they will make considerations from now on when implementing nerfs or changes on pve since it is very different than pvp. Also, that the biggest population of ark online was PVE." I find this very interesting. It proves that people don't last on official PVP as much as PVE. That might bring changes in the way they do updates. Which is good. PVP is very different from PVE. This is speaking strictly official gameplay. 

Another thing mentioned by the community manager was that they are working hard on the under meshing. But to be honest if you are tire of being cheated on just move to PVE with your friends and just declare war every time you feel like exploding something or someone :D

As an EX PvP player (on official) I can tell anyone new that it is fun for the first month...but then gets old very quick. Only the biggest tribes manage to kinna play. If you want to just chill and have fun...THAT IS NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU. Unless you enjoy losing everything constantly.

I hope they release a lot of servers...i mean, they know that every time there is a new map coming out there is never enough space for everyone to play. So i hope that at least this time they release 2x more servers than usual. At least that would cover their butts from us complaining that they didn't release enough servers. lol

DID I MISSED ANYTHING? WHAT ARE YOUR OPINIONS?? 

Spoiler

just bait ))))

So much hype about nothing special, idk

Its a free map so everyone are so excited. Maybe they schould put some dinos from ext into this one. Gachas, gasbags and throw wyverns out, so people who dont have ext could tame them, u already got wyverns on 2 maps. Or even rock drakes.

Its ok because map is mid size, a lot of place to build, so in theory a big + fur ragna players, hopefuly some will transfer onto new map because ragna is geting a bit overpopulated. 

I personaly will not start now, no point realy.

I'm excited to have a new map to explore, but as others have said, will probably wait for the dust to settle and the bugs to reveal themselves before I invest any significant time in it. Maybe I'm the only one, but this new Dino - jumpy raptor thing - looks like more of a pain in the ass than anything. If I'm riding along through the redwoods and a thyla spears me off my Dino, my Dino kills it, saves me, and we move on. With this new thing, am I going to have to start traveling with packs of tames to protect myself and the other tames since it will jump on them and attack them too?

Because I'd love to see them when tamed along side with the Deinonychus (please make a video about the difference betwin a Raptor and a Deinonychus, please do that at some point) cause I think the Raptor deserves a place in the new map just like the other creatures that have been in all of the other 6 maps, Question, is the Deinonychus a replacement of the Raptor or are they both going to be in the same map? Just curious. Cause when I look at all of the other creatures, the Raptor wasn't there, that made me sad ?, cause you can't have a map without Raptors, sorry I'm going to be sad if the Deinonychus is the replacement for the Raptor.

4 minutes ago, Ty5 said:

Because I'd love to see them when tamed along side with the Deinonychus (please make a video about the difference betwin a Raptor and a Deinonychus, please do that at some point) cause I think the Raptor deserves a place in the new map just like the other creatures that have been in all of the other 6 maps, Question, is the Deinonychus a replacement of the Raptor or are they both going to be in the same map? Just curious. Cause when I look at all of the other creatures, the Raptor wasn't there, that made me sad ?, cause you can't have a map without Raptors, sorry I'm going to be sad if the Deinonychus is the replacement for the Raptor.

They are both there. Syntac spawned them both in yesterday to show them side by side.

Here's a copy of my wall of text in the announcement thread :

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just for those looking for free tips and tricks, since I have well over 1k+ hours on this map (original mod version), under my belt. Disclaimer => I haven't seen the abberation section, so I can't speak of it yet.

Ressources :

Metal: Very common on all mountains of the centermost section of the map. Biggest spots are to be found in the triangle section starting from green OB to SE and the beginning of the redwoods SW.

Obsidian: Biggest concentrations found around green OB, but can also find some scattered nodes up north (2/3) of the way towards the snow. There is also a major metal/obsidian/crystal spot up top a pillar on the SE plains.

Crystal: Scattered on mountains tops, biggest spot is SE. Can also be found in decent quantities around blue & green OBs.

Oil : Plenty of nodes to be mined in the main lake. Easier to find an oil vein. Two of them are very close to each other SE, north of the water.

Sulfur : Can only be found in the wyvern's trench up north.

Cactus Sap: Very small spots SE, north of the lake.

Tree Sap : Redwoods, but you can also farm some (using a pickaxe) from some stumps on the small islands SW. Can be farmed from Extinction trees in the West. (Extinction trees, which also yields colored sap)

Salt: Only 2 surface spawns to my knowledge. Both SE.

CP : Beaver lake, south of the green OB.

Pearls : Can be picked by hand at the blue OB. Rest are found at the bottom of large water bodies.

Spawns:

- Dinos tends to be higher level. Stuff above 120 is very common for all species.
- Alphas are EXTREMELY common in the central mountains, as well as rexes.
- Spinos are very rare, seen less than 20 over 1000 hours on my own server, which had a daily dino wipe.
- Allos + ovis are found in massive quantities on the SE plains. Beware, allos can roam in packs as big as 14+.
- Gigas only spawn at 2 locations. Small plain north of the green OB and NW, just past the griffin spawn.
- Griffins spawn in 1 location only. NW, 2/3 of the way from green OB to blue OB.
- Yutys, spawn in the tundra/extinction part as well as the snow. => West & North.
- Overspawn of pteras, trikes, brontos, dodos and other crap on the SE beach. Unless they fixed it for the official release, you could see a few hundreds, if not thousand dinos in the vicinity.
- Dead itchys/carbos are found SE as well.
- Argentavis nests are found NW, near the snow line.

Know issues:

- Collisions with invisible objects are very common in the snow biome.
- The spider cave (unless fixed) is pitch black no light source works there. This rendered tek un-achaivable because of the required artifacts in that cave.
- Plenty of collisions issues in the second artifact room, of the swamp cave.
- Overspawn of thylas in redwoods (10+ per tree is common).
- Random no-fly zones in some surface areas.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want more (key build areas, explorer notes, etc.), or more specific coordinates. Feel free to PM me.

Cheers,
Darkholis.

5 minutes ago, Darkholis said:

Here's a copy of my wall of text in the announcement thread :

Just for those looking for free tips and tricks, since I have well over 1k+ hours on this map (original mod version), under my belt. Disclaimer => I haven't seen the abberation section, so I can't speak of it yet.

Ressources :

Metal: Very common on all mountains of the centermost section of the map. Biggest spots are to be found in the triangle section starting from green OB to SE and the beginning of the redwoods SW.

Obsidian: Biggest concentrations found around green OB, but can also find some scattered nodes up north (2/3) of the way towards the snow. There is also a major metal/obsidian/crystal spot up top a pillar on the SE plains.

Crystal: Scattered on mountains tops, biggest spot is SE. Can also be found in decent quantities around blue & green OBs.

Oil : Plenty of nodes to be mined in the main lake. Easier to find an oil vein. Two of them are very close to each other SE, north of the water.

Sulfur : Can only be found in the wyvern's trench up north.

Cactus Sap: Very small spots SE, north of the lake.

Tree Sap : Redwoods, but you can also farm some (using a pickaxe) from some stumps on the small islands SW. Can be farmed from Extinction trees in the West. (Extinction trees, which also yields colored sap)

Salt: Only 2 surface spawns to my knowledge. Both SE.

CP : Beaver lake, south of the green OB.

Pearls : Can be picked by hand at the blue OB. Rest are found at the bottom of large water bodies.

Spawns:

- Dinos tends to be higher level. Stuff above 120 is very common for all species.
- Alphas are EXTREMELY common in the central mountains, as well as rexes.
- Spinos are very rare, seen less than 20 over 1000 hours on my own server, which had a daily dino wipe.
- Allos + ovis are found in massive quantities on the SE plains. Beware, allos can roam in packs as big as 14+.
- Gigas only spawn at 2 locations. Small plain north of the green OB and NW, just past the griffin spawn.
- Griffins spawn in 1 location only. NW, 2/3 of the way from green OB to blue OB.
- Yutys, spawn in the tundra/extinction part as well as the snow. => West & North.
- Overspawn of pteras, trikes, brontos, dodos and other crap on the SE beach. Unless they fixed it for the official release, you could see a few hundreds, if not thousand dinos in the vicinity.
- Dead itchys/carbos are found SE as well.
- Argentavis nests are found NW, near the snow line.

Know issues:

- Collisions with invisible objects are very common in the snow biome.
- The spider cave (unless fixed) is pitch black no light source works there. This rendered tek un-achaivable because of the required artifacts in that cave.
- Plenty of collisions issues in the second artifact room, of the swamp cave.
- Overspawn of thylas in redwoods (10+ per tree is common).
- Random no-fly zones in some surface areas.

If you want more (key build areas, explorer notes, etc.), or more specific coordinates. Feel free to PM me.

Cheers,
Darkholis.

Thankyou for that

On 6/17/2019 at 1:32 PM, Woodsman said:

From the pics the map looks huge i wonder whats its size relative to rag

also i wonder if the new raptors will be added to the other maps like the island or only for this new map

On 6/17/2019 at 1:40 PM, Chewytowel said:

When I flew around on it for some reason it felt much smaller than Ragnarok, but oddly people say it's bigger.

Look at the crunch ppl.  Its radius is smaller then rags, but it has layers of map thus actually making it bigger.  Cedric:"its ab area is about the quarter of the size of the map".  Then factor a large underground ocean.

On 6/17/2019 at 1:26 PM, JustAnotherBeachNoob said:

Does this mean another map for Xbox?!?!?!

Its coming to ps4 and xb in july.

On 6/17/2019 at 1:06 PM, Chewytowel said:

From the workshop page list of to do items:

Complete Aberration cave system with all Aberration dinos

So yeah it looks like everything from Abberation is going to be present.  Wonder how large the underground aberration cave is going to be.  HOpefully it'll cover the whole map.

Something else to note is that this map has Snow Owls from Extinction.  

There are dlc exclusives to the old maps.  Phoenix is exclusive to scorched and Cedric told us the drake is not on valguero.

6 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Any guesses from my fellow console players which part of July it will release? Being completely optimistic, I’d say 3 weeks from now as that has been for the longest time the usual timeframe between PC and console.

I will go with July 17th, depending on what problems they discover on the pc mode

Archived