Valguero

SaltyMonkey

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

I read that it was 100% complete. That's why the workshop mod received no updates and it was a secret.

Hope it is, WC don't have the best record when it comes to incorporating modded content, The Centre still has issues that probably will never be fixed and Rag had a drop off in quality over what was in the PC initial release and first update (think it released on consoles after the first update?)

I've not played on Valguero for 6 months or so, last time I did cryopods were bugged so you couldn't release some dinos, just tried it again with a vanilla rex and it's still the same

14kvcc2.jpg

Hopefully it's been fixed along with a few other issues like overspawns as it's a great looking map

2 hours ago, johnm81 said:

I see a AB biome so I am assuming you can tame / get AB creatures like reapers, basilisks, and shinehorn?

i thought that too, but nah. apparently wildcard didnt allow them to add drakes, reapers and basilisks. only the normal boring ab things like light pets, ravagers, karkinos and abberant creatures... 

2 hours ago, Cymas said:

The other downside to mindwiping is having to go back to all the maps you want to learn Engrams from...unless the new map has all of those too in which case it seems easy enough to manage.

New map looks awesome, can't wait to check it out, especially with the deinonychus too.

2 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Mindwipe exists. It has a 24hr cooldown on official though.

Yeah we know about mindwipe, and cymas is right, no one wants to visit every map again to relearn.

I have the engrams I want from each map and still I am running out of points.

Also, if you're playing solo there is no "sharing between friends/tribe members".

I don't unlock things like saddles which I can get bp's for.

4 minutes ago, JustAnotherBeachNoob said:

The wiki makes it sound like the Deinonychus is only going to be on valguero. It also says that it is going to be released on console tomorrow so I don’t know. 

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Valguero

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Deinonychus

Its likely a unique creature. Like Ragnarok had the griffins.

1 hour ago, Chunk1664 said:

Thanks for clearing that up, shame but we can't have everything I guess 

If every map had all dinos from the other maps, then it would potentially kill the older maps.  By keeping some dinos specific to certain maps, it will most likely increase the longevity of the older maps, and increase Cluster participation (more servers).

I am fine with having some dinos limited to certain maps. Makes the jumping around from map to map, worth it.  Of course I am a huge fan of the Griffin, Thyla and Wyvern. So if they weren't available on at least 1 map of the cluster I play on, I would be bummed.

2 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Its likely a unique creature. Like Ragnarok had the griffins.

If you look at the 22 second mark you see a griffin. I have a feeling Rag is going to be replaced, especially if this map has a desert.

7 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

From a business and money making standpoint, free modded maps shouldn't have ascension and extra levels. Also each paid DLC should have at least 1 unique creature. 

SE really should be revisited for an ascension.

Technically Scorched has the Phoenix. I feel like valg is taking the right stand with not giving away the DLCs best creature. Rag is way more popular than Scorched. Rag should not have had creatures like the mantis, death worm, and (maybe) wyvern. It would leave scorched way more popular.  Leave creatures like the molletrops (don’t mind my spelling) on Rag.

25 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

If every map had all dinos from the other maps, then it would potentially kill the older maps.  By keeping some dinos specific to certain maps, it will most likely increase the longevity of the older maps, and increase Cluster participation (more servers).

I am fine with having some dinos limited to certain maps. Makes the jumping around from map to map, worth it.  Of course I am a huge fan of the Griffin, Thyla and Wyvern. So if they weren't available on at least 1 map of the cluster I play on, I would be bummed.

I quite agree as the owner of a cluster of servers I would rather maps had map specific dinos

I appreciate them leaving some stuff exclusive to other maps. If you play on unofficials it's almost impossible to find any clusters that run SE, for example, because they all just keep Rag, so no phoenixes except as event prizes, if the admin feels so inclined to run any. It's great for people who don't have the expansions, but a bummer to miss out on new game experiences if you do have all of them...

9 minutes ago, Cymas said:

I appreciate them leaving some stuff exclusive to other maps. If you play on unofficials it's almost impossible to find any clusters that run SE, for example, because they all just keep Rag, so no phoenixes except as event prizes, if the admin feels so inclined to run any. It's great for people who don't have the expansions, but a bummer to miss out on new game experiences if you do have all of them...

I have all currents maps on my cluster and recently added SE for my own play through lol, fortunately I have a spare server (Prim+) that I can convert to Valguero and add it to my main cluster.

2 hours ago, Aushegun said:

I look forward to trying out this map in August when it finally comes to PS4.

(yes, I realize they say a "July" release for console, but I'm a realist, and looking at the WC track record, August seems about right.)

I am a tiny bit gutted we have to wait till next Christmas for a stable map haha

I still dashboard a lot on extinction on Xbox.

Archived