Why are ark devs so useless?

Hyrsker

4 hours ago, MERCDARKBLADE said:

When people who know what they are doing, get attacked by people who know nothing. Leave the devs alone, they are doing what they can, it’s their job yes but is it their entire life no. I bet OP is one of those players that constantly ask for starters on servers that have one, then call out the admins for not doing their job. Devs and admins for this game and any other get the same treatment from people like this, impatient and ignorant. 

Im a millwright IRL and my job is to do maintenance on industrial machinery. I mainly take care of a hewsaw , it has pneumatics , hydraulics, tempo positioning electronics controls and sensors  etc etc etc its a huge and complex machine that process nearly 2000  10 feet long logs an hour, and sometimes we have very hard to find bugs with it. But guess what we fix them , not because its easy , because its our job ! And if I couldnt fix em they would never have kept me , they would have fire me in the first 3 months.

Some bugs have been ark from the begining if they are still there its because they dont want to put the effort to fix them and rather work on dlc to sell to us. There is absolutely no excuses for not bug fixing....Its not because they cant , its because they dont wanna put the ressource for it.

And you honestly cant really blame the dev they dont get to decide what they are working on , there boss do , so blame ARK management team.

So there have been some interesting points made, I feel I want to address a couple at the same time.  The first is that the dev's are hard at work fixing bugs and they deserve some slack.  The other is that the company is small and doesn't have the resources to fix everything faster.  This may or may not be true, but in either case, with out Wild Card making any effort to have any communication with its paying customers, in regards to there problems, none of the dev's working to fix peoples problems will matter.  My complaint isn't that nothing is being done, its that Wild Card essentially ignores customer service.  They close tickets with out ever responding to them, there is no direct communication, with anyone, at any point in time, at least not that I have ever been able to find.  The system for getting help is essentially non existent, and there is no way to even know if anyone at Wild Card even cares that you have a problem.  They could do huge amounts of good for their reputation by simply having a small dedicated team that handles complaints, filters out issues that can be solved with out direct intervention, and if nothing else responds to people telling them roughly how many weeks it will be until someone who has the skill set and authority to intervene can do so.  As it sits now, any request for help sits ignored until someone has the time to stop working on things to address it.  I have no way of knowing how they handle there customers, with over 900 hours in, not one single problem I have had, has ever been responded to in any significant way.  The only response I have received is an automated message with links to the most generic posts that have nothing to do with anything written in my complaint, followed immediately by the ticket being closed, regardless of how many times I reply my problem remains.  When bringing this up with people on the servers I have been on in the past, I hear this is pretty much the common occurrence.  Its as if Wild Card expects to get a pass on their products for life, because they were released in early access.  All I am asking for in the end, is a little respect, or at least I would settle for  someone caring enough to pretend like they respect me as a customer.  Regardless of whose fault it is, something needs to be changed.  I don't honestly blame the individual employees, but in the end from the point of the consumer they are useless.  I fully blame management, it is after all their job to make sure everyone else is capable of doing the jobs that needed to be done.  If you need more people, its managements job to either hire more people, or find a way to better structure the faculty you have.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived