Why are ark devs so useless?

Hyrsker

Before I start, I can't be bothered to learn the names of every job for these companies, so to me if you work for the company and you have any technical role in either creating or supporting the game, I consider you a dev, so make fun of my ignorance if you will, I am genuinely curious and it doesn't change the point.  I am not trying to insult or defame, I am listing my experiences and opinions based on those experiences, and want to discuss them with other people. 

I have played ark for a couple years now, the game has never been more than barely playable at best on some days.  Constant glitches, I would list them but there is a limit to how long these can be and I don't think anyone would read the list that long.  Never once has a single report, ticket, email, or any single correspondence has ever been replied to by anyone from wild card, or anyone capable of answering a question.  How can anyone collect a paycheck and never do their jobs?  Why would wild card hire people who can't even get their help system to work.  You used to be able to see your tickets and monitor them, but now that system no longer works.  They pawn off any help and support of the players to other players.  Thy get people who pay for their broken game to help others continue to play their broken game.  Why do so many people support this? and how bad do you think it has to get before people take a stand?  What do you think it would take for wild card to take customer support seriously?

Customer support works on a first come, first serve basis. The ticket system is over saturated by people who submit multiple tickets of the same issue as if it will speed up the process not knowing that it actually hurts the people with genuine concern further down the list.

They could limit what type of issues people can submit because not every issue is of the same value, and put systems in place to prevent spam. They could also put checks in place to flag an issue that is deemed a priority instead of the user having to push to get it escalated.

They may already have these systems in place but just don’t have the resources to afford a sizeable technical team.

Considering how well this game sold, and the fact its now owned by a larger company, i highly doubt resource is the issue.  I got a bat sh!t crazy idea, how about wc/snail actually take some of these millions this games generated and hire a proper team.  Even companies with horrid reputations for bugs, like bethesda, haven't done this bad of a job, and when they do they fix it.  When you cant even complete the game because it deletes your character when you do, your game is broke as heck.  They try to say its a hard fix, BS.  Its the character upload that likely deletes your character when you ascend.  Simple solution, spawn with your dinos outside the arena/cave, remove the upload.  @Jatheish

and it turns real bitter if you think about how our dlc money has been pumped into ports for other devices and atlas and we still see no bug fixing.
say something about it and you get a whole flok of wildcard worshippers to defend them.

right now i am trying to incorporate tek triangles into my building and to my great horror i find out that the triangle panel is snapped higher on top of the ceiling instead of against it, and so the walls you put on it are higher then the once that go onto ceilings. for wood and stone you wont see it, but if you build in tek its to obviously out of alignment.

if you take this game under a magnifying glass, you will notice that almost every item or dino has a bug or glitch. i count 4 bugs in eggs alone. 1 of them is super easy to fix, the incubation timer is right now not synchronized with the server timer while the spoil timer is.
but what fix do we get instead ? they try to fix vault dropping .... and then dont test it. and in a rollback 100's loose there char and potentially there bases.  so there is time available as long as it is something to screw with us.
and after it was all over, autodecay turned back on, we suddenly get a red text in the server window that WE must behave and follow coc rules.

44 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

Considering how well this game sold, and the fact its now owned by a larger company, i highly doubt resource is the issue.  I got a bat sh!t crazy idea, how about wc/snail actually take some of these millions this games generated and hire a proper team.  Even companies with horrid reputations for bugs, like bethesda, haven't done this bad of a job, and when they do they fix it.  When you cant even complete the game because it deletes your character when you do, your game is broke as heck.  They try to say its a hard fix, BS.  Its the character upload that likely deletes your character when you ascend.  Simple solution, spawn with your dinos outside the arena/cave, remove the upload.  @Jatheish

Considering Bethesda is AAA development studio that owns several other smaller studios and makes two of the most popular game series, and that wildcard has only produced 2 games both of which were early access at launch. Daddy Todd Howard probably has way more assets and money to pay their support team. Wildcard is trying to balance producing new content to keep players interested and fixing bugs. And when fixing bugs they have to account for how it could effect other things and if that fix could make new bugs 1000 times worse. For instance, the fix you suggested could be exploited if a rival tribe sets up a killzone outside the Tek Cave, they can kill the tribe and dinos after they finish the boss fight, and the already weakened tribe will have little defence against it. or the dinos could spawn in the lava outside the tek cave 

Not to mention that developing ARK is the devs job, not their life. They have families, they need vacation time and need time to relax after work, like all people do.

PS. Bethesda has done a worse job, Fallout 76 on launch was horrible and they way their support handeled it was worse.  

8 hours ago, Hyrsker said:

Before I start, I can't be bothered to learn the names of every job for these companies, so to me if you work for the company and you have any technical role in either creating or supporting the game, I consider you a dev, so make fun of my ignorance if you will, I am genuinely curious and it doesn't change the point.  I am not trying to insult or defame, I am listing my experiences and opinions based on those experiences, and want to discuss them with other people. 

I have played ark for a couple years now, the game has never been more than barely playable at best on some days.  Constant glitches, I would list them but there is a limit to how long these can be and I don't think anyone would read the list that long.  Never once has a single report, ticket, email, or any single correspondence has ever been replied to by anyone from wild card, or anyone capable of answering a question.  How can anyone collect a paycheck and never do their jobs?  Why would wild card hire people who can't even get their help system to work.  You used to be able to see your tickets and monitor them, but now that system no longer works.  They pawn off any help and support of the players to other players.  Thy get people who pay for their broken game to help others continue to play their broken game.  Why do so many people support this? and how bad do you think it has to get before people take a stand?  What do you think it would take for wild card to take customer support seriously?

Money.  I could elaborate, but I'm gettin' ready to do a cave run.

10 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

This is really subjective. 

I play on good hardware for my client. Good hardware for my server. Most major bugs, like ovis babies falling through floors, can be avoided with workarounds.

People mistake official as the complete package and most common complaints are the state of the servers, not the game itself. Bugs are much less noticeable when you can play the game smoothly.

When I first started playing the game last January, I remember a bug in which you would run off a foundation and get stuck it mid air. It was really annoying, and it was solved by crouching and punching like crazy. This never happens anymore. Don’t say the devs aren’t fixing things, because they are.

I play on Xbox single player by the way.

34 minutes ago, JustAnotherBeachNoob said:

When I first started playing the game last January, I remember a bug in which you would run off a foundation and get stuck it mid air. It was really annoying, and it was solved by crouching and punching like crazy. This never happens anymore. Don’t say the devs aren’t fixing things, because they are.

I play on Xbox single player by the way.

Hmm you where just lucky , what your described still happens very often. lol

As for the fix .... meshing has been an issue since 2015 , we are 4 years later and the community is so raptoring tired of it they have 200 + player testing a community plugin to fix the issue cause wildcard cant do it themself.

I look forward for you to have a ncie base and get meshed!

4 hours ago, extremebean said:

Considering Bethesda is AAA development studio that owns several other smaller studios and makes two of the most popular game series, and that wildcard has only produced 2 games both of which were early access at launch. Daddy Todd Howard probably has way more assets and money to pay their support team. Wildcard is trying to balance producing new content to keep players interested and fixing bugs. And when fixing bugs they have to account for how it could effect other things and if that fix could make new bugs 1000 times worse. For instance, the fix you suggested could be exploited if a rival tribe sets up a killzone outside the Tek Cave, they can kill the tribe and dinos after they finish the boss fight, and the already weakened tribe will have little defence against it. or the dinos could spawn in the lava outside the tek cave 

Not to mention that developing ARK is the devs job, not their life. They have families, they need vacation time and need time to relax after work, like all people do.

PS. Bethesda has done a worse job, Fallout 76 on launch was horrible and they way their support handeled it was worse.  

When youve made millions in a couple years u cant pull the we are to small plight.  If your to small hire more, you have the money dweebs.  This in turn is good business because your game will also become more open to new players as well as keep it alive longer to make new dlc ect to keep making millions off of it without having to create a completely new product which also saves you money.  Your teams bigger so you also get done faster, thus more money.

You do realize they could still do this to u.  Your dinos spawn there regardless.  They could alrdy kill box ur tames, which unlike u, dont have infinite lives.  So its a solution with the same risk that already exists without losing everything.  Idk about you, but id rather die on respawn and keep my lvls, ascension, notes, map progress, home, and tribe with ownership to my tames and stuff then lose everything.

1 minute ago, Aylana314159 said:

It already exists, there are bug report sections for each platform 

Not what I mean. It's different having one megalist which is public and publicy maintained by the community so everyone sees the progress and the devs see the same bugs every other day. There're bugs existing for way to long and imo such list would help to keep them present and eventually to get them fixed. Most Bug reports in that section seem to vanish unnoticed. At least that is my impression.

Dunno like... 

I lost 17 rexes to a glitch when activating a boss fight on the Centre. 

Submitted a ticket and had 17 rexes back within a week. 

Half the level and no mutations, plus a random mix of app or less saddles, but it's something. They're actually proving handy to drop the levels my top babies are popping out at. 

Ark isn't perfect by far. That being said I never run into as many problems as people complain about seeing or growing through. I have about 75 days play time between steam, and xbox windows version. Windows version has a lot of issues and they are different between maps. Example I cant see rain in the center map. And I can hear music in aberration. Those can be annoying but they aren't game breakers for me at all. This is a ambitious game that saw a lot of rough spots throughout development. But I think this game got a lot of trash thrown it's way cause it was one of the first ever commercially successful early access games. People were not use to playing a incomplete game. Ark has come one hell of a long way. There is so much content and things to do its overwhelming. I do however suggest rent ik ng a server when you are in your peak of play time. The timers, and gather stats for the case game require hours of time. I'm in my 30s so being able to cut that in half is perfect for me.

I recommend finding someone who has done it better, and then go play their game. Oh wait, no one has. If the bugs and glitches are too much for you, then don't play anymore. It's far from perfect, but they've also given us something very complex and unique. If it isn't enough for you, then I suggest going elsewhere. Throwing insults at people who have worked incredibly hard to create a game that thousands upon thousands have happily poured many, many hours into does nothing but show your immaturity and complete ignorance about what they've done, how difficult it is to do, how much it costs to create and maintain a game like this and provide all those servers, etc etc. 

Have a nice day

When people who know what they are doing, get attacked by people who know nothing. Leave the devs alone, they are doing what they can, it’s their job yes but is it their entire life no. I bet OP is one of those players that constantly ask for starters on servers that have one, then call out the admins for not doing their job. Devs and admins for this game and any other get the same treatment from people like this, impatient and ignorant. 

32 minutes ago, MERCDARKBLADE said:

When people who know what they are doing, get attacked by people who know nothing. Leave the devs alone, they are doing what they can, it’s their job yes but is it their entire life no. I bet OP is one of those players that constantly ask for starters on servers that have one, then call out the admins for not doing their job. Devs and admins for this game and any other get the same treatment from people like this, impatient and ignorant. 

Wow. Im glad other people agree with me. I thought it was a lot of the comunity that commplained about things they could do no better at but no some people still understand how hard it is to make a video game.

They can Put The witcher 3, doom, etc etc on Switch but these guys released Ark on it in the most horrible state and never looked back, no update or fixes, they put some turd and left it there and let not even talk about Pixark. Yes I know Snail games not wildcard, but anything that is touched or in some way related to these devs is made it comes out extremely horrible, so i like putting them in the same bubble. Yea they are horrible, thank god I played Ark once it was fully released, still very bad but not as bad as it could be.

Archived