What's ur Favorite dino (not stat-wise)?

Ark987

Sarco is the first dino I tamed for pleasure. But Theri is tamed first cause Wood. Beyond that I've been collecting a vicious pack of Mutton tamed pack and mate boosted Direwolves. Next up is a honey tamed Direbear.

Only really need the Theri technically.

Oh and Allos are my next target.

No access to any of the weirder ones yet.

I'm not here to fight bosses or breed the biggest and best.  I love finding out what each dino can do.  Pters and Pelag's are most useful.  I steered clear of Argie's for the longest time just because they were everyone's fav.  But now my focus is on them because I want to not because someone influenced me.  I adore their colorings.  Just natural no event they can have some very nice shade combos to their feathers.  

On 6/16/2019 at 12:18 AM, Oldster said:

Sarco is the first dino I tamed for pleasure. But Theri is tamed first cause Wood. Beyond that I've been collecting a vicious pack of Mutton tamed pack and mate boosted Direwolves. Next up is a honey tamed Direbear.

Only really need the Theri technically.

Oh and Allos are my next target.

No access to any of the weirder ones yet.

Theri tamed first? I guess you're one of those people that enjoy playing on a x1000 taming server and have a megabase within the first hours.

57 minutes ago, MarkMartin said:

Theri tamed first? I guess you're one of those people that enjoy playing on a x1000 taming server and have a megabase within the first hours.

Hehe, missed the mark by a mile on that one. I play SP at 1x official rates (probably gonna change breeding). The Theri took HOURS of grueling narcing, anchored in place except for maybe 15 minute forays.

Chose a low one, 40ish or something but it was still a hell of a tame. Still, bypassed owning a raptor pack and a beaver etc. Sir Edward is still with me and is a big part of my gathering team AND my killing team.

Also I suspect you missed a nuance of the discussion; Theri is the first dino i tamed for pleasure, certainly not the first. It just happens to also be useful.

4 hours ago, MarkMartin said:

Commenting on a thread about dinos, pointing out people's playing preferences? You must be one of those <took word out for posterity> we always hear about on the Internet! 

Favorite dino? Allo. Never use em much though. Favorite for looks? Argentavis. So nice after rework

I love my Spinos. They look bad ass, cover ground faster than some supposedly fast dinos (especially a 100% imprinted one with the water buff) and transition from land to sea like a boss, which is great if you play on the Centre as I do. 

I've killed 150 alpha rexes and kited many a giga to its demise with my spinos. I just wish their roar was more intimidating. 

12 hours ago, MarkMartin said:

If you know what you're doing you can tame just about anything as a noob, provided you can KO it. A theri was once one of my very first early game tames on a low rate unofficial. Gathering that many narcoberries by hand was a struggle, and I couldn't ride the thing for ages, but it was like my 4th tame on that server. Granted, it was a very low level theri, but that doesn't make it any less of a challenge when you just barely have your crossbow lol.

My favorite overall animals are spinos, always and forever. I also really like allos, rock drakes and featherlights. I haven't used one much but I was really impressed with my first megatherium too.

Archived