Mana Bug

Absynthe

41 minutes ago, Cyclops said:

Lost a mana on every map except abberation.   Probably lost about 30 manas plus all the gear I had equipped since they introduced Extinction DLC.

Devs, I know you have many bugs and issues but mana's are totally broken.    Please either fix the lag or the mana mechanics so these desyncs stop happening.

It's been long enough...

Thats because aberration is a huge cave map with no out of bound area other than in surface. All other maps have a out bound area around map edges and when lag happens when you jump you boost right out of the map and poof. Stuff gone.

Thanks Luewen, I realized that.   That's why it's the only map I actually fly mana's on.   I'm just STUNNED this bug hasn't been fixed yet.   This long after extinction DLC and it's still totally broken.

At the very least they should DISABLE flight on every map except abberation.   This would still allow people to breed them, but not lose all their gear and their mana when it eventually desyncs in flight.   Many people are not aware of the bug and I see some very upset people in global chat every couple days when they lose all their stuff.

On 3/30/2019 at 5:31 AM, Absynthe said:

Referring to the bug where while jumping or lunging, a mana will just simply disappear from existence along with all of your stuff, forcing your character to the spawn screen as if you'd died. Although, it does not provide a death spot, (the X where you've died on the map) or the announcement at the top of the screen stating that you'd been killed. Just poof, all your things gone. 

It was said that this bug was fixed, but today on March 30, 2019, my tribemate lost his mana and everything on it, including his character 'dying' (which didn't even die, just got forced to the spawn screen). 

We lost several things due to this, and I hope the bug is looked into asap. This happened on The Island.

Cant be bothered to read the whole thread but this is becasue during the lag your mana keeps flying up and when the lag stops you are above the world barrier which kills you without death message. Try it on singleplayer by flying up above the barrier.

Manas are totally broken. Plus let me add this. This happened to me on Scorched earth during a lag-save. Mana lost, I'm dead with no X point, nothing in logs. I wrote to GM's and they said they understand the problem but because my managarmr was more then 300lvl they can only give me a max lvl 200 ^^^. Stopped playing immediatelly. Not because the game has bugs but because they have INTERNAL rules that we are not aware of. Why they would not want to give me back my managarm which I send a screenshot of to them I don't know. But they've lost a player.

mana disappear the island

When to fix the bug that mana suddenly disappeared in the island?

I am landing the green obelisk ,and the mana suddenly disappeared .  I was very surprised, there is not message about it is death in the  diary,at the same time when I went back to pick up my bag, there was no light of death.I'm  very depressed!

18 hours ago, bysaRD said:

Manas are totally broken. Plus let me add this. This happened to me on Scorched earth during a lag-save. Mana lost, I'm dead with no X point, nothing in logs. I wrote to GM's and they said they understand the problem but because my managarmr was more then 300lvl they can only give me a max lvl 200 ^^^. Stopped playing immediatelly. Not because the game has bugs but because they have INTERNAL rules that we are not aware of. Why they would not want to give me back my managarm which I send a screenshot of to them I don't know. But they've lost a player.

I can offer a potential explanation for this (though by no means does it exclude them from responsibility!). 

As it sits, admin commands do not allow you to summon dinosaurs with specific stat distributions. So while you could go to an external tool like ARK Smart Breeder and discover your level 321 mana has 36 health, 42 stamina, 23 oxygen, 33 food, 55 weight, 48 damage, and 33 speed, plus 30 domestic levels in stamina and 21 in damage, there is no way to spawn the exact same mana with commands. You would have to repeatedly spawn a level 176 mana and forcetame it until it somehow got EXACTLY that stat distribution (which is pure RNG). 

Why on earth there is not a command to do this, I have no idea. It was incredibly frustrating having to spawn in and cheat breed creatures when I was trying to recreate creatures I had on an official server for singleplayer immortalization. I really think it would make so much sense to make a command where you could specify a dinos exact stat distribution, wild and domestic. But there's just not. 

So, why won't they just spawn a level 176 mana and force tame it then give it all the xp it needs to get to level 321? Because a wild 176 mana once forcetamed could RNG with a wildly spectacular stat, like 50+ clean melee or some poop like that lol, which could mean a lot more falsified complaints to get super dinos for breeding. 

At least, this is what I have rationalized from what I've heard. Still think it's very stupid they don't have an explicit command for it though. 

12 hours ago, Slvr said:

which could mean a lot more falsified complaints to get super dinos for breeding. 

Wait !!!!this isn't happening on official atm?? Lolz 2 giga lost to a bug/glitch 190 base melee then GM spawns two 224 giga as replacement hmm 240 base melee...seems like a legit prosper lol a lucky stat roll maybe?? Not saying this happened but is 100% possible correct?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2019 at 9:46 AM, JetJaguar said:

Given how long its been, I think its safe to assume that either this is beyond fixing or its not important enough to devote resources to for working on  a fix. I have some amazing manas; they sit in cryo untouched. Neat creature but waste of potential given the situation.

That's the sad part... either to much trouble to fix the mechanics or just not important enough.   Mana's are my favorite flyers, but like you, most are in pods because flying one on ANY MAP except abberation is like rolling dice.  I've made a couple of suggestions to help, but who knows if they even got read...

- Disable flying on Mana's until the bug is fixed.   That way people can still breed them, but we won't keep losing them.

- Have the 15 minute transfer time show on the UI.   If we see a save point coming in 15 secs, we can land and wait until it's over.

I've lost at least 30 manas due to desync/lag causing it to go out of the playfield.   It's frustrating wildcard that this issue is gone on so long.

17 hours ago, Cyclops said:

That's the sad part... either to much trouble to fix the mechanics or just not important enough.   Mana's are my favorite flyers, but like you, most are in pods because flying one on ANY MAP except abberation is like rolling dice.  I've made a couple of suggestions to help, but who knows if they even got read...

- Disable flying on Mana's until the bug is fixed.   That way people can still breed them, but we won't keep losing them.

- Have the 15 minute transfer time show on the UI.   If we see a save point coming in 15 secs, we can land and wait until it's over.

I've lost at least 30 manas due to desync/lag causing it to go out of the playfield.   It's frustrating wildcard that this issue is gone on so long.

I have to disagree with the third suggestion. Duping is still an ongoing issue and seeing the save timer would directly contribute to the problem. They would know how much time they had to do what they needed to do in order to replicate their items. They may already be aware of how long the timer is but having t it publicly displayed will make their lives much easier. All other points I agree with.

On 12/12/2019 at 12:57 AM, Cyclops said:

I want to assume Cedric is reading the forums at least but I think he can only push so far? Maybe the issue has been looked in but its too big an overhaul for resources to be devoted to for fixing. To be fair, having a simple "Yes we know theres and issue and heres why we cant fix it..." would I think placate a swarm of people. The fact no one from the company has said anything either way exacerbates The issue even more..

15 hours ago, Demigod said:

I have to disagree with the third suggestion. Duping is still an ongoing issue and seeing the save timer would directly contribute to the problem. They would know how much time they had to do what they needed to do in order to replicate their items. They may already be aware of how long the timer is but having t it publicly displayed will make their lives much easier. All other points I agree with.

The save timer is shown every 15min....

Archived