Is there ANY defense against pillars? If not that should be added.

Neotones

Is there ANY defense against pillars? If not that should be added.

So me and my friends are playing on a PVE Official server, but when we claimed our base we left a couple holes. We have a huge area, but someone has put a pillar or two right in the middle of ours. So I was wondering...

since we own the land around them could we build a cheap structure around the pillar? I don’t know if this would keep it from refreshing whenever they owner came to try and visit it, and also I don’t know if there’s a height limit for pillar claims, so if this worked we would have to build hella high walls in order to put a ceiling on it. But as I said, would this even work? Is there anything I can do at all other than talk to them or wait for it to despawn? Any help would be amazing I made an account just to ask the question.

8 minutes ago, Sphere said:

It may be considered grief play. Talk with them first and continue to build your base. If they continue to do nothing, try reporting them to Wildcard under customer support.

They think we are going to build over a resource spawn which I can guarantee that we won’t, they just won’t move it because they count it as an “insurance policy”. Literally the resources are still spawning and they are all worried still.

10 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

The defense is, don’t do that. 

Yes we know we F ed up ?

If the pillar is within where you are building, you can report it.

It's 50/50 whether WC will do something about it but it does violate CoC. 

Include SS of the pillar and your area. SS of any convo you got with the people doing it. Keep the ticket open every 3 to 5 days by responding that it is still an issue.

Best case, 2 weeks to a month, WC may remove it. Worse case, you'll be keeping that ticket open until you're done playing Ark.

Open a ticket, indicate as issue "Report Abuse" so it goes to enforcement team. Take you time to elaborate the report indicating exact coords of where the pillars are.

In my personal experience almost all the reports I've made to enforcement team based on CoC rules have been succesfully resolved in less than 48h (not counting weekends).

Where did you build? What map and what resource spawns? Maybe you actually are close to blocking some!

Anyways, the best defence is pillaring yourself. In any new build you must stake your future and potential build assets (land) to prevent this. Yes it is abuse what they did (if its preventing you from building your actual base or walls) so file a ticket but you also should be proactive to prevent this in the future. Sad truth of Offical PvE.

Archived