Change server player structure render distance?

Change server player structure render distance?

Is there a way that I can change the distance from the player at which the server will stream player structures to the client? Flying around and seeing your base slowly stream in and the dino's align themselves with the structures is really immersion breaking.

ideally what I'm after is access to the radius of the sphere around the player that the server will stream player structures to the clients in, I understand if improperly used this could cause major issues for my server and the clients that play on it but I think our systems and server can handle it.

PlayerStructureStreamingRadius=..more than it is..

Render distance was nerfed by like 20% in the past to improve frame rates. It's one of my #1 peeves with the game, esp. since the lower-level graphics card I have now (1060 3gb) is more powerful than the top-end card I had at that time (780).

I think that decision needs revisiting, people who have the cards to extend their view distance shouldn't be prevented from doing so. Maybe it's time for "Extra-Epic" render  / world tile settings  :D

I'm not talking about the landscape rendering really, I think I can see more than far enough with that it's just the player structures that I'm interested in, they unload as you move away from them and then clearly stream down from the server as you get closer, I would like the point at which they stream down increased by at least double.

46 minutes ago, AngryMoose said:

I'm not talking about the landscape rendering really, I think I can see more than far enough with that it's just the player structures that I'm interested in, they unload as you move away from them and then clearly stream down from the server as you get closer, I would like the point at which they stream down increased by at least double.

I don't think it works that way. When I use a teleporter into the middle of a big base, it takes a bit for the GPU to render everything. Only better hardware or smaller bases is going to change this.

2 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

I don't think it works that way. When I use a teleporter into the middle of a big base, it takes a bit for the GPU to render everything. Only better hardware or smaller bases is going to change this.

But if you fly towards a base you can see for miles in to the landscape, the framerate is perfect, as you get close enough to the base it starts to download from the server, piece by piece it comes down (though very quickly so it appears quite fast), the dino's appear early as well then at some point they orient themselves to the streamed player structures. What I was hoping for is a setting to say start this streaming earlier than it starts by default so the player structures appear before they do now.

The setting may not exist which is a shame but I think my 10gigabit(up and down) server with 28 cores can handle a little more, there is only 5 of us playing on 2080ti or 1080ti gpu's, would just be nice to expand that area in which the player created geometry downloads.

Archived